what display settings do you use?

Display should always be set to 1080i, as thats what a normal sky box upscales its SD channels upto, and is the native resolution of the HD channels.
As mentioned on here, sky deliberately broadcast a lot of SD in sub "low res" freeview resolution, ie 544 pixels by 576, instead of 704 (or 720) by 576, to make people upgrade to HD. Disgraceful, but thats Murdoch for you.....

I find 1080i auto resolution disabled, 50hz and set the formats to just scale on both of them and see.

Display should always be set to 1080i, as thats what a normal sky box upscales its SD channels upto, and is the native resolution of the HD channels.
As mentioned on here, sky deliberately broadcast a lot of SD in sub "low res" freeview resolution, ie 544 pixels by 576, instead of 704 (or 720) by 576, to make people upgrade to HD. Disgraceful, but thats Murdoch for you.....

Hi, thanks for the reply, but sky sd is actually better than zgemma sd? Any reason why???

In my limited experience of this box, I have noted that the different images have varing picture qualities.

i find the vix installation gives a brighter/clearer image than open atv..

thats having played extensivly with the TV settings

I have the vix on zgemma s2 and my image is great, my girlfriend actually said she thinks it's clearer than sky :-/ I do get some slight fuzz on the football but that nit picking if I'm honest. I'm on 60hz and 1080 resolution

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Hi, thanks for the reply, but sky sd is actually better than zgemma sd? Any reason why???

Sounds like it's your TV that is the issue.

Make & Model?

Hi, just setup my zgemma box but the quality on sd channels is fuzzy, any ideas why what setting should I change? Thanks

automatic resolution disabled
Mode 1080p
Refresh rate 50hz

No they seem OK . did you try changing some of the settings to see if it makes a difference.

Has me stumped mate . maybe try settings on your TV . are your HD stations OK.

I've been using my box for the past few hours and I've noticed the same. Sky SD seems clearer than zgemma openvix SD. I don't know why but I do hope I find a solution soon :(.

Let me know if you find a solution mate. Cheers
Sure. I think it might just be openvix? Did you try openatv?

Hi, just setup my zgemma box but the quality on sd channels is fuzzy, any ideas why what setting should I change? Thanks

automatic resolution disabled
Mode 1080p
Refresh rate 50hz

No they seem OK . did you try changing some of the settings to see if it makes a difference.

Has me stumped mate . maybe try settings on your TV . are your HD stations OK.

I've been using my box for the past few hours and I've noticed the same. Sky SD seems clearer than zgemma openvix SD. I don't know why but I do hope I find a solution soon :(.

Let me know if you find a solution mate. Cheers
Sure. I think it might just be openvix? Did you try openatv?

Not tired openatv but openvix is quite popular and not many people have noticed this issue?
You should try openatv, I thin kit is a vix problem. using automatic resolution disabledMode 1080p
Refresh rate 50hz

has decreased the fuzziness a bit.

Computergeek I can't reply to your message as you have exceeded ur message quota. Clear your inbox please ;-)

Sounds like it's your TV that is the issue.

Make & Model?

Panasonic Viera, ill get the model for your thanks

Back