Wooshbuild Support Thread

If I turn the box off at the back and insert the USB, it just goes straight to boot and loads up openvix, if I turn it off at the front and insert the USB it says "No displayable files on this medium found"
Never tried this on the h2s but it works on the duo so maybe worth a shot

Do you know how to use ftp or your network to put the wooshbuild zip file on to your usb/hdd (the one used for recording) cos just flash it local

Put the complete wooshbuild zip file into the imagebackup file on your hdd
Then using your remote press menu > setup > vix > image manager > you should then see the wooshbuild zip file > blue to flash (I think)

Samba must be installed on your box first tho so you can see your box
Menu > setup > network > utilities > samba

If I turn the box off at the back and insert the USB, it just goes straight to boot and loads up openvix, if I turn it off at the front and insert the USB it says "No displayable files on this medium found"
I had to press the power button on the front of the box after the inserting the usb stick in the front port.

Power off back of the box. Insert the usb sick in the front port. Power on back of the box.
It should flash {update or flash} in front panel. Now press the front standby button. it should now flash the box if all on the usb is ok.

Last edited:
Never tried this on the h2s but it works on the duo so maybe worth a shot

Do you know how to use ftp or your network to put the wooshbuild zip file on to your usb/hdd (the one used for recording) cos just flash it local

Put the complete wooshbuild zip file into the imagebackup file on your hdd
Then using your remote press menu > setup > vix > image manager > you should then see the wooshbuild zip file > blue to flash (I think)

Samba must be installed on your box first tho so you can see your box
Menu > setup > network > utilities > samba
Just tried it zipped and unzipped, nothing came up under image manager.

I had to press the power button on the front of the box after the inserting the usb stick in the front port.

Power off back of the box. Insert the usb sick in the front port. Power on back of the box.
It should flash {update or flash} in front panel. Now press the front standby button. it should now flash the box if all on the usb is ok.
Nope, no joy.

Goto the website and re-download the image for your box.

Format your USB on the computer and copy the zgemma folder from the zip on to the usb.

On your USB you need a zgemma folder. Inside that an H3 folder and inside that is 4 or 5 file. One of the files is called force. If it is called noforce, just rename it to force. (It is already called force though)

Remove any other USB from the box & put the flash USB in the front of the H2S and turn it on.

On hdd create a folder called imagebackups and put the zip file in that folder.
Still nothing showing up.

Goto the website and re-download the image for your box.

Format your USB on the computer and copy the zgemma folder from the zip on to the usb.

On your USB you need a zgemma folder. Inside that an H3 folder and inside that is 4 or 5 file. One of the files is called force. If it is called noforce, just rename it to force. (It is already called force though)

Remove any other USB from the box & put the flash USB in the front of the H2S and turn it on.
Zgemma > H3 > force/imageversion/kernal.bin/rootfs.bin. I've downloaded it 6 times now from 3 different browsers, reformatted all of the USB drives numerous times, put it on the front slot, back slot, turned off on the front, on the back. Tried all variations of everything and nothing is working

Try @dsayers2014 method then as something isn't right as there are one or two users who have downloaded the same file.

Did you try flashing a clean openatv as advised earlier?

With vix you need the zip file in hdd/imagebackups create the imagebackups folder if needed.

imagemanager.jpg

Your storage device needs initializing on box first with mounts as media/hdd

Hey folks (I hope I'm posting this in the right place!)

I've done a search on the forum but can't find a definitive answer.

I'm running Wooshbuild v7.002 on my Zgemma

I'm living in Ireland but I'm from the UK

I would like my bouquets to have a London region lineup (which it has and is working fine)

but also have the ROI channels in a separate bouquet.

I'm certain I had this configured before I re-flashed but now I can't find any of the Irish channels and no amount of tinkering with regions and channel swaps seems to make a difference.

Anyone have a definitive guide on how to configure it to get my Irish channels bouquet back?

Thanks in advance and again apologies if this has been answered elsewhere!

OJ

You might be able to set your region to RoI and then find London, but I don't think you will find any RoI channels setting the region to London as they only show when the region is RoI.

Hi autobouquetsE2 has now updated via the software updates on the 20th of may. All working fine with the new bouquets in place. Well at least mine are.:(y):
Sadly Wales region not fixed fully. 101 Is BBC Two HD and and BBC1 Wales HD is on 141. IVT Wales S4C and Channel 5HD sorted.

Hi
I would be grateful if anyone could suggest a fix for a small problem I am having with the epg on my zgemma H2S running the latest wooshbuild (v7) with freesat skin where channel 103 shows UTV HD (Ulster HD) instead of ITV HD.
I live in East Yorkshire, (Humber region in ABM E2 or BBC East Yks/ITV Yks East in ABM) and can't understand why the epg would show a Northern Ireland channel.
I have tried all the suggestions mentioned in this thread but to no avail.

Thanks for any help.

Hi
I would be grateful if anyone could suggest a fix for a small problem I am having with the epg on my zgemma H2S running the latest wooshbuild (v7) with freesat skin where channel 103 shows UTV HD (Ulster HD) instead of ITV HD.
I live in East Yorkshire, (Humber region in ABM E2 or BBC East Yks/ITV Yks East in ABM) and can't understand why the epg would show a Northern Ireland channel.
I have tried all the suggestions mentioned in this thread but to no avail.

Thanks for any help.
http://www.techkings.org/threads/wooshbuild-support-thread.109525/page-273#post-872569

Sadly Wales region not fixed fully. 101 Is BBC Two HD and and BBC1 Wales HD is on 141. IVT Wales S4C and Channel 5HD sorted.

Hi

What you could do is create a Fave (tv) folder, make fave the main bouquet, channel swap - no. Populate the Fave (tv) bouquet with the channels of your choice.

I use ABM, but the same could be done on E2. This worked for me as the Scottish border Scotland was all over the place. All changes will remain after rescan. My first 6 channel are

1 BBC1 Scotland HD

2 BBC2 Scotland

3 ITV Border Scotland

4 CH4 HD

5 CH5 HD

6 STV HD

@wooshman
Thanks for the link to your suggestion to fix my little annoyance.
Have done as instructed but on first glance the UTV channel was still at 103.
I then realised that the bouquet I was looking at seemed to be a legacy from ABM E2 which I deleted and replaced with ABM as suggested in some of the previous posts in this thread.
I deleted all bouquets and ran another scan following your suggestion and yes UTV has been replaced with my regional ITV although only in SD and I thank you for this. Unfortunately the EPG now does not show the channel numbers despite this being enabled in settings, any suggestions as to why this is so?
I am happy with the rest of the EPG layout but would like to get ITV Yorkshire HD at 103 but can live with the layout as it is if this is not possible.
I have had my zgemma for a considerable time and despite reading many guides and forum/web pages about his box I realise there is still much to learn about it.

Once again thanks for your assistance and congratulations on an excellent build.

Cheers
GM

Back