Wooshbuild Support Thread

Yes the scan is set for the morning,
i have had the problem before with box and tv turning itself on but turning hdmi cec off seemed to sort both for a while but it seems to have started again with the box since i did software update....i've checked hdmi cec is off but still seems to happen every few days or so.....so how would i stop the box turning on?.....probably something i'm missing but no idea what at mo.

Last edited:
If the box doesn't go back to sleep then it is doing what it should. If it doesn't then I would reflash to be honest.

ok i`ll try that....it does seem strange because after first downloading and flashing this build i went weeks/months with everything going fine and no settings been touched in that period as far as i know (i`m not one to mess with settings unless i really have to)
then out of the blue i had the box being on in a morning....thought i sorted that for a while, then got both box and tv coming on, thought i sorted that as well then i`ve ended up with box coming on again.

When the box restarts, WB Config downloads the channel swap file from the server - WB Config doesn't care what the setting is and just gets the removed dark channels version. I will need to update WB Config to check what version you need. This should sort it.

Huge thanks to @makido for working it out and again making more work.... God damn it !

Last edited:
If the box doesn't go back to sleep then it is doing what it should. If it doesn't then I would reflash to be honest.

if this is a reply to me?.....are you saying the box is supposed to turn on and stay on when the epg updates in the morning?
it did`nt used to for me i`m sure.

No, the box is supposed to come on and then go back off if it was in standby. It is the channel scan by AB E2 which causes it and not the EPG scan (CrossPG). That is the way ABE2 works.

No, the box is supposed to come on and then go back off if it was in standby. It is the channel scan by AB E2 which causes it and not the EPG scan (CrossPG). That is the way ABE2 works.

ok thank you, but i still don`t really understand why it starts doing it after weeks of being ok and how to properly sort it,
is a re-flash the way to go?

It is when the box is restarted. WB Config downloads the ********** file which is set to hide dark channels without looking at your settings first. I need to make a small change in WB Config. I will try and get it done tonight.

Another thing I have recently noticed, not sure how long it has been like it though, is that the EPG is cutting off the beginning of the day/date ...

Another thing I have recently noticed, not sure how long it has been like it though, is that the EPG is cutting off the beginning of the day/date ...

Sussed it ..... Changed timeline font size from "0" to "-4" .. Day/Date is now fully showing. Now need to figure out how to align it to the left.

Last edited:
Hi, Just a quick question. The usb installed in the back of the box can it be removed once flashed? I want to flash my dads box with wooshbuild and don't really want to buy another usb for it. At the moment i currently have left in the back but i do not use it for recording or anything else. will i need to leave it for updating to newer versions or can i put it in when i need to update?
Thanks in advance

WB Updates and EPG save to USB so go buy a cheap memory stick ya cheapskate :(y):;)(the smaller the cheaper the better if thats all you intend to use it for)

WB Updates and EPG save to USB so go buy a cheap memory stick ya cheapskate :(y):;)(the smaller the cheaper the better if thats all you intend to use it for)
Haha its just saving time as them ill have to order a usb and wait for that. But it all adds up already paid for my box and sub and now paying for dads box and sub (because im nice like that) so the less cost the better Thanks for the info btw

Turn off timeshift if you don't plan on using a usb stick. The EPG will sort it's own location out but could end up crashing your box once it fills the memory up. So as per @Fozzy1, get a cheap 8gb stick for a couple of quid. And still turn timeshift off.

Turn off timeshift if you don't plan on using a usb stick. The EPG will sort it's own location out but could end up crashing your box once it fills the memory up. So as per @Fozzy1, get a cheap 8gb stick for a couple of quid. And still turn timeshift off.
Ahh okay. Ill just invest in one best way thanks guys

Back