Xpeed LX2 Setup Guide

Forcefire

TK Veteran
Hi,

The Xpeed LX2 Setup guide can now be found here:

http://xpeedlx2setupguide.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/setup-guide.html

With work and family commitments I just don't have time to update and answer questions on the forum so put all my updates here on a blog page for all to access. Even though my time is limited I still intend to provide updated images for users to download and flash to their box.

Best wishes
Forcefire

UPDATE: NEW VIX 3.2 IS NOW AVALABLE - FINALLY GOT ROUND TO DOING IT

Last edited:
Am I missing something here, I put the cloudix folder onto my usb, boot the box and it ignores the usb, its already flashed with the latest vix but I need the channel list / sky theme.

Appreciate any guidance

Thanks

Download on pc hddguru free low level format tool. FULL not quick format the usb. Then windows FULL not quick format. Try again flashing.

---------- Post Merged at 02:07 AM ----------

For channel lists set like sky etc look first in service searching and set that.
then epg and crossepg and set all that.
but first set up ur permanent usb ( after flash) too.

Then look in downloads section and skyskin is there. Or bluehd in box plugin skins.

swap file on an lx box you are joking are you not? its not a slow box like a solo or duo that needs it so i would stop using swap setup.new boxes are faster and more umph in them and dont needs a swap and using one may slow box down.

place the cloudix folder on a blank USB stick (formated to fat32) ???
is that a clone file as usually vix image is called vuplus? or as you said cloudix,supose to be an excellent box to have fun on.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll re flash usb and try again, the only thing I don't have right is the channel list in order and the picons, will this backup resolve it?

Can you also have categories for the channels or is that where favourites come in?

Thanks

Hi

That's what I did but the epg is only half populated, there are several duplicates and the numbers are all over the place, or is this the way it is?

The EPG will need updating as it only stores a certain aount of data. The image backup is just to get your box up and running without you having to manually do the setup yourself. Some of the dupicate chanels are HD, these are set to be in a different location as most HD channels don't work so only the local/FTA HD remain but the image is set to have SD channels replace the HD channels.

As fo rthe channels, it should start at 101 for BBC and then have the same sky numbering so 301 is the start of movies etc etc

yes EPG set to external HDD (USB drive) and yes cactikid, swap file stopped, habit from my ibox2 as that does need it, lol.

I've just done an update on my box so getting ready to upload a new image.

your best to have epg to usb stick as it stops the starting up of hdd,if you stopped your swap file please edit first post as it stops others setting up swap files on faster boxes as its not needed cheers.

Update 03/04/2015: New image added to first post, please read to see whats installed/enabled.

Last edited:
EPG is set to USB, I think Ive done something wrong with the setup (see screen shot attached) so I'll try the backup from forcefire thanks

That link for the manual including pictures is not there -
The directory ./openvix-builds/Guides and Tutorials/ Read More at : http:/www.techkings.org/general-satellite-discussion/68409-vix-manual-pdf-setting-up-enigma-2-boxes.html/ does not exist

Attachments

• IMG_0607.jpg
    IMG_0607.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 39
Back