Xpeed LX2 Setup Guide

CCcam can run C or N lines

Generally N lines are run in MGCamd as it is considered more stable. C lines can't use MG Camd.

So you need to put your C line in a file called CCcam.cfg that is then ftp'd the the ETC folder of your box.

When using CCcam you would just paste in a C or N line like so into the CCcam.cfg file

C: topserver 12100 tricky_user 123450

The equivalent N line would look like this (the numbers at the end are called a deskey)

N: topserver 12100 tricky_user 123450 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Using MG Camd you would change the front end of your N line to read

CWS = topserver 12100 tricky_user 123450 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Then paste it into a newcamd.list file then ftp to the var/keys folder in your box.

Last edited:
Brilliant, thanks for that, I'll have a few read throughs till it sinks in.
What's user/keys that Forcefire mentions?

I suppose till I get my box and FTP into I won't know the lay out of the different folders etc.

Last edited:
Another question, what do you do with the cline or Nline when it expires and you want to replace it with another one, simply delete it out of the file?

ftp program like filezilla sends those files to usr/keys=folders on box for nline,to renew or use new line you edit the folder delete old line and copy and paste new line info and save and exit out,all in the tuts to read again.

gkf9 once you get your box things will fall into place, you will see the folders etc so it will be more clear to you when you can actually see things in front of you :)

@Bee's thanks for pointing out my error, I'd put the cccam.cfg file in the user/keys as a single location for all line files but forget to add the extra info about where to locate the cccam file if the user is using a cline so thanks for that buddy, now corrected on the first post.

Yeah your right, when I can see the folders etc it should make sense, I've got a good idea now what to do, more than I did yesterday thanks to you and cactikid.

I'm hoping I can use my Harmony remote with this box, but I'll save that for another day, also getting fibre BB and swaping Isps the week after this, so I'm hoping it doesn't put a spanner in the works when I get the box up and running.

---------- Post Merged at 09:19 PM ----------

As Forcefire mentioned it's much easier with the box in front of you

There is plenty of help about, so just shout,

@Forcefire you are doing a good job there mate, that's what this forum is all about, helping out !. hatsoff

Yeah your right, when I can see the folders etc it should make sense, I've got a good idea now what to do, more than I did yesterday thanks to you and cactikid.

I'm hoping I can use my Harmony remote with this box, but I'll save that for another day, also getting fibre BB and swaping Isps the week after this, so I'm hoping it doesn't put a spanner in the works when I get the box up and running.

---------- Post Merged at 09:19 PM ----------

You may loose the TV for a few hours during the switch over, loosing BB connection during a switch over is normal nothing to worry about, should be no more than a few hours but most are within minutes. you might want to point out to your line supplier too on the day so he's not thinking you've given the login details to another person.

With fibre your speed will vary while your line speed is worked out so keep your modem/router always on, this way after a few days your speed will settle and you'll get your regular connection. You wont notice any difference with your line file, it uses such little bandwidth I hardly notice it and I'm on fibre too.

Good thinking Forcefire on telling the line provider about my ip address changing, I'm starting to think I may wait a while to set this up up, just want to make sure I've got everything 1st, Hdd and might buy a modulator at same time so I can watch TV upstairs.
( Got to keep the wife happy) Plus I need sometime on my own whilst I set it up, hard work with the wife and little girl about.

Might try flash it this aft then set rest up over the next few days.

Yea I know what you mean buddy, flashing it will atleast get it up and running and I did the same, spent time tweaking the box to my personal taste over several days, it also gave me chance to learn the box and get to know where all the settings are.

What's everyone formatting the Hdd/USB to, fat 32 I presume?
Just thinking about the 4gb file limitation for recording.

What's everyone formatting the Hdd/USB to, fat 32 I presume?
Just thinking about the 4gb file limitation for recording.

Yes format to Fat32 before using the drive.

SETUP UPDATE: Added more information to the first post:
Added: Update EPG info
Added: Setup USB/HDD info

I'm trying to make a step-by-step guide to setting up the Xpeed LX2 - if you spot any errors or wish to add to it please PM me, I'm new to making guides so learning as I go lol

Put usb in, switch the box off and on again by the rocker switch at the back so it reboots.

Done that, how long does it normally take to flash?

---------- Post Merged at 03:50 PM ----------

i formatted this usb to fat 32 on a Mac, could that be the problem?

Its wrote 2 folders to Usb to, Movies and timeshift?

Last edited:
I usually set mine up manually, only done an image
flash once, took about 3 - 4 mins I think, then it will boot.

Dunno, never had an issue with any pen drives.

If you want to try a manual set up there is a guide here

Just miss out the cable parts and set both sat tuners up the same way.

You will need to get it to read some type of memory device at some stage to store the EPG on.

You don't normally need to mount a pen drive but you could also try this

Menu - Setup - System - Storage Devices - Initialisation

Dunno, not used the files as I have the combo version ( 1 sat, 1 cable tuner) I guess Forcefire has set up the tuners, downloaded the softcams and added the extra couple of files that you need
to paste your line into, plus added a skin.

Are you flashing it correctly ?

Power off box at the back, insert pen drive,power on the box, you should get a message saying " press up to upgrade "
press the + button on the front of the box,
wait for it to flash and reboot.

(Sorry got to go out, will check back a bit later)

Have you put the folder cloudix on your drive with all the files inside or just copied the files over from within the folder? make sure the USB drive is in the back of the box not the front. Turn off the box, put in your USB drive and then switch back on, should saying upgrading on the front and done when its complete.

If not do a full format of your USB drive and not a quick format, doing via a MAC wont make a difference

Back