Xpeed LX2 Setup Guide

Just got my xpeed lx2 today...haven't plugged in yet...looking through the manual and have a quick query on step 6 configuration mode regarding the tuners

step 6 :simple.not configured.loop through to... equal to and advanced

step 7: configuring tuner a
same kind of options as above

then choosing a mode either : single
tone burst a/b or diseqc a/b

I have two cables from dish I want to connect to record and watch other channel can someone please advise what options to choose...

Have you put the folder cloudix on your drive with all the files inside or just copied the files over from within the folder? make sure the USB drive is in the back of the box not the front. Turn off the box, put in your USB drive and then switch back on, should saying upgrading on the front and done when its complete.

If not do a full format of your USB drive and not a quick format, doing via a MAC wont make a difference

Yes I put the folder cloudix on on the USB, placed in back then switched on using the rocker switch, just said booting.
Not sure how I go about doing a full format on Mac? I just erased the usb stick and reformatted to fat 32.
I've got the box up and running at the moment using bees tut.
All needs setting up to my taste, but would like your image.

Might try reformatting the usb again tom at work on a Windows machine, not sure how to, but I'll suss it out.

Last edited:
Yes I put the folder cloudix on on the USB, placed in back then switched on using the rocker switch, just said booting.
Not sure how I go about doing a full format on Mac? I just erased the usb stick and reformatted to fat 32.
I've got the box up and running at the moment using bees tut.
All needs setting up to my taste, but would like your image.

Might try reformatting the usb again tom at work on a Windows machine, not sure how to, but I'll suss it out.

I don't know anyone who's used a MAC to format the USB drive before installing a pre-set image so many be it does need to be done on a PC, let us know how you get on and I'll update the guide to let others know.

One last thing to try, rename the "noforce" file to "force" and try again, I think its that which is causing the problem. If so I'll re-upload the image with the correct file name.

Last edited:
@ moparopkop I would start a new thread or this will get confusing

Assuming you have a fixed dish set both tuners the same.

tuner.jpg

Last edited:
Just got my xpeed lx2 today...haven't plugged in yet...looking through the manual and have a quick query on step 6 configuration mode regarding the tuners

step 6 :simple.not configured.loop through to... equal to and advanced

step 7: configuring tuner a
same kind of options as above

then choosing a mode either : single
tone burst a/b or diseqc a/b

I have two cables from dish I want to connect to record and watch other channel can someone please advise what options to choose...

As Bee's says you need to set both tuners to the same sat signal, if you install my backup image its already preset to UK sky sat and tuner A is set for viewing and Tuner B for recording but if your doing to setup yourself then yes make sure you follow Bee's advice as always is correct :)

Forcefire have you changed the name of the cloudix folder to Xpeedlx?
I've now reformatted the Usb with a Windows machine and downloaded the folder to the Usb stick with a Windows machine.

Will test when I get home, if that doesn't work I'm stuck.

rename the folder to cloudix

I'll make the change on the download to correct it, my mistake as I was in a hurry when I uploaded it and didn't spot the folder name was incorrect.

UPDATE: File now corrected :)

Last edited:
Forcefire
Just got home and still no joy flashing your image. Just noticed there is no rootfs.bin file this time in the folder?

Just checked the file by downloading it and there is a rootfs.bin file in the image buddy :) Without that file it wont flash. Try loading the file onto your USB again just don't let MAC change any format

Tried that, but I had a really poor USB stick and there wasn't enough room to put the file on, think the stick was only 100 MB or something.

I'll try again at work tom.

I've nearly set the box up now anyway. Sly channels don't seem to have a bar next to them tho, just get a black screen when I select them, I know I haven't set the Ccam out tho yet bit thought it would say scrambled or something?

@Forcefire and bees - thanks for the replies. Will look at the LX1. £79 is a much better price if the specs are the same and the only thing the LX2 has over the LX1 is the twin-tuner, which I don't want.

Tried that, but I had a really poor USB stick and there wasn't enough room to put the file on, think the stick was only 100 MB or something.

I'll try again at work tom.

I've nearly set the box up now anyway. Sly channels don't seem to have a bar next to them tho, just get a black screen when I select them, I know I haven't set the Ccam out tho yet bit thought it would say scrambled or something?

A 100mb USB stick, no wonder your having issues. You need a more modern stick. If you've got the box almost set up then no point flashing the box. Just add the Blue HD skin for plugin's and once you've added your line file then your channels will unscramble, and yes the screen is blank when its scrambled. You can download CCcam or MGCamd from plugin too so easy to get going.

@Forcefire and bees - thanks for the replies. Will look at the LX1. £79 is a much better price if the specs are the same and the only thing the LX2 has over the LX1 is the twin-tuner, which I don't want.

No problem buddy, the only difference is the twin tuner which as you've stated you don't want then get the LX1 and save yourself some cash

Hi, trying to use your image in my new lx2 box but having the same loading issues as above. Downloaded zip, format usb stick fat32, followed your instructions but it just boots up to vix loading screen every time. Any ideas what else I can try, tried 2 different usb sticks but same problem.
Thanks

When it boots into VIX are all the channels pre-set? Does it show any Sky like icons or colours?

Try renaming the folder from cloudix to xpeedlx and see if that works, if no joy try renaming the file force to noforce if that doesn't work I'll pull the image and take a look at what it might be as I could be a bad upload or bad image creation so I may need to do it again. Let me know how you get on.

Forcefire the 1st few times I tried this with a 2gb modern stick, I only used the other stick to try something different.

When it boots into VIX are all the channels pre-set? Does it show any Sky like icons or colours?

Try renaming the folder from cloudix to xpeedlx and see if that works, if no joy try renaming the file force to noforce if that doesn't work I'll pull the image and take a look at what it might be as I could be a bad upload or bad image creation so I may need to do it again. Let me know how you get on.

Thanks for the reply, will try that tomorrow. There are no Sky like icons, just the channels I scanned and organised with Autoboquet

any usb i use for flashing is 8gb,cruzer,kingston,integra all well known and not cheap as enigma 2 boxes are fussy lol

@ forcefire rereading first post i think you need to swap the epg download to under the setting up of usb? as you need to have usb setup before downloading to usb:whistling:

any usb i use for flashing is 8gb,cruzer,kingston,integra all well known and not cheap as enigma 2 boxes are fussy lol

@ forcefire rereading first post i think you need to swap the epg download to under the setting up of usb? as you need to have usb setup before downloading to usb:whistling:

I used a Cruzer 16gig and I also dug out a Kingston 512mb usb 2.0 drive to try that, no luck with either.

Back