Xpeed LX2 Setup Guide

Right folks, some changes are been made right now to both the backup image and the guide.

I've gone over the backup and can't find anything wrong, I've added an extra file and removed a text only info file, I've made sure the folder name is correct and xpeedlx is the correct name. I've flashed the image to my box and its gone on without a problem.

Give me 10mins to get things updated etc and make some changes then I'll report back.

UPDATE: OK, the backup image file is working perfect, I have personally tested this before uploading, the folder is named correctly and the files in the folder are correct and working.
I have updated the install instructions on the 1st post to give a little more information and I have re-arranged the order of USB/HDD mounting and EPG setup (thanks to cactikid for this) so just follow the guide and you will be up and running ASAP.

Note: I use a 4GB drive for flashing formatted to fat32 and blank before use. Linux boxes can be picky on which USB's the will accept so if at first you don't get it working try a different USB drive.

Hope this now helps those who are having issues, I'm new to doing guides and backups so sorry for any hassle but thanks for supporting me with your feedback :)

Last edited:
Thanks Forcefire, that's brilliant. Worked on the second USB stick I tried. EPG now looks very familiar.
Could you tell me how to change from Yorkshire to East Anglia region please.

Thanks Forcefire, that's brilliant. Worked on the second USB stick I tried. EPG now looks very familiar.
Could you tell me how to change from Yorkshire to East Anglia region please.

That's great news brasenose :)

To change the region you follow this:

Menu --> Setup --> Service Searching --> Auto Bouquets Maker --> Providers--> Change Sky UK: area and Change Sky UK (SD): area to your local area by moving the selection down then using left/right arrows to change region. Then Reboot the LX2, once its reboot your region should be changed, BBC1 is best to check.

Hope this helps :)

Force fire I have changed my regions to my local and rebooted, but still showing Yorkshire. Any ideas?

Ok, glad you've had success, don't bother re flashing as its not important to know if it works on a Mac stick. The TV setting is in general system settings, just set to your screen resolution and should be fine. You didn't need to do a factory reset before flashing as the flash over rites all system files/settings so would have made no different.

I'm not at home now so can't get onto my box for exact settings locations, I may have missed a setting for the region but don't think so, if I remember rightly you may need to update the EPG too I'm out for the next few hours so if no joy by then let me know and I'll take a look.

If anyone knows what I missed please help gkf9 out oh and gkf9 clean your PM inbox out its full buddy so can't accept anymore PM's

All sorted now Forcefire, I just updated the Autoboquet thingy,seems to have done the trick.

Ok so I am nearly ready for a line, I have FTP into the device and in the user/keys there is a few files in there as your tut said, they have info in them, do i delete this out then replace with my line?

Glad your sorted :) You now need a line file to enjoy all the channls.

If your getting a nline then you should get a newcamd.list file which you can just FTP to user/keys, your new file will overwrite the current newcamd.list file. If you just get the line details and no file then you can edit one of the files included to get your line working.

If you need help with that PM me, don't post your line information on the forum.

Last edited:
just tried a quick direct crossover with dreambox & it comes up with the following error code ..
Error 10057 in function send socket is not connected
Hmm not a clue newbie here
Help plz

just tried a quick direct crossover with dreambox & it comes up with the following error code ..
Error 10057 in function send socket is not connected
Hmm not a clue newbie here
Help plz

The ip address of the box has probably changed, click the search button in DCC to scan the network.

done that no listing in scan box ?
I think this is the only step I've got to crack with your guide so far this is the only step I'm cant do at the moment , but only quickly had a go before I signed up for a few trials :-)

Last edited:
If its not showing then there is no connection between your box and PC, either your cables come loose or something like that or your box isn't getting a connection like cactikid says. You will need to check your connections and settings, follow Bee's method to check you box, if the box is connected then DCC will find it via a search.

Yes, the difference has to do with the wiring of the cable and the situation in which you will use the cable. On a patch cable, the wiring configuration is identical on both ends of the cable. On a crossover cable, the wiring of pins 1, 2, 3, and 6 are "crossed-over" to pins 3, 6, 1, and 2.
Straight-through cables are used when connecting Data Terminating Equipment (DTE) to Data Communications Equipment (DCE), such as computers and routers to modems (gateways) or hubs (Ethernet Switches). The cross-over cables are used when connecting DTE to DTE, or DCE to DCE equipment; such as computer to computer, computer to router; or gateway to hub connections. The DTE equipment terminates the signal, while DCE equipment do not.

Damn that takes me back to my networking days lol

that's why then lol
as simple as that good then I didn't spend to much time on this part ..
yeah good old days Doom on a local network great fun on a 486 PC (now I am showing my age lol )
Great guide Forcefire keep up the good work ..
Many thanks guys for the quick replys & your input

hi is there a bootloader for this image as i have flashed and it now wont boot, stuck on booting

---------- Post Merged at 08:32 PM ----------

hi is there a bootloader for this image as i have flashed and it now wont boot, stuck on booting

Back