Xpeed LX2 Setup Guide

@Forcefire, You can use a Mac to download and transfer the image onto a USB stick, I bought a different make of stick ( Toshiba ) and it flashed no probs.

It was my SanDisk cruiser that wouldn't flash the box.

May want to change it in your write up?

On a mac?
Weird, tried umpteen times, no joy.

Formatted it on a Mac= No joy
Formatted it on a Windows machine = No joy

Tried Toshiba worked 1st time, formatted on a Mac.

O well Forcefire, scrap that!

updated first post with information and link to new Hades 005 image flash as Apollo has been retired so no more updates, the Hades image has to reflashed.

boxes wont work by software update and as said its a new image so start afresh with it,like a new box setup again.

Hi Forcefire

I downloaded the image but everytime I try to load it it asks for me to press arrow up I do but nothing happens then goes to boot any ideas.

cheers

Can I ask. How often do updates come out that can't be done OTA?

I assumed with officially supported boxes that you set it up and that's it. Updates done via the box and all your personalisation kept in place? I didn't realise that some updates you would need to reflash completely and set up again.

Is it the same with every new vix update?

Sorry if that sounds daft. I know basics but that's about it.

the odd time you could online update to next image but with all new things added/removed you have to start again from a new box setup as backups are of no use and drivers not compatible and they write a whole new image now called HADES.
when moving from all those different names before a brand new flash is needed and i would also do a new flash if box had problems and start again using no backups restored [ bugs/errors ] so you start with a clean slate.
the more you flash boxes the easier it gets,important bit is to save your files to pc first so you can ftp back [ line info ]

forgot to mention if box is working and your happy you dont have to upgrade,when you get the message feeds are down message from the download plugins could mean no longer supported or support is been upgraded hence check on wos for green icon first before reflashing a new image.

Last edited:
the odd time you could online update to next image but with all new things added/removed you have to start again from a new box setup as backups are of no use and drivers not compatible and they write a whole new image now called HADES.
when moving from all those different names before a brand new flash is needed and i would also do a new flash if box had problems and start again using no backups restored [ bugs/errors ] so you start with a clean slate.
the more you flash boxes the easier it gets,important bit is to save your files to pc first so you can ftp back [ line info ]

forgot to mention if box is working and your happy you dont have to upgrade,when you get the message feeds are down message from the download plugins could mean no longer supported or support is been upgraded hence check on wos for green icon first before reflashing a new image.

Thanks. You learn something new every day around here!

I don't actually have a box yet. I still can't decide if I'm actually confident enough or have enough technical ability to keep everything working as I'd like with an enigma box. It does seem like a lot of work.

the great things about e2 boxes is excellent support like the best pdf file for setting these boxes up makes life a little easier,there are many helpers on techkings to guide you if you stray.

main needs of new box hdd to record to and will need to be mains powered.
2 sat feeds or 1 cable + 1 sat if getting a combo box
2 good usb sticks,1 kept for flashing these boxes i use an 8gb integral as it flashes red when doing something,other is a kingston 8gb micro usb for epg =permanantly in box.
an ftp program like filezilla client to send your files to box
there are others but not used them.
box can be flashed with latest image you prefare VIX
you only need to download your cams to box first
the rest is on the tuts.

Code:
http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Guides%20and%20Tutorials/VIX%20Manual%20Vs%201.1.pdf

the great things about e2 boxes is excellent support like the best pdf file for setting these boxes up makes life a little easier,there are many helpers on techkings to guide you if you stray.

main needs of new box hdd to record to and will need to be mains powered.
2 sat feeds or 1 cable + 1 sat if getting a combo box
2 good usb sticks,1 kept for flashing these boxes i use an 8gb integral as it flashes red when doing something,other is a kingston 8gb micro usb for epg =permanantly in box.
an ftp program like filezilla client to send your files to box
there are others but not used them.
box can be flashed with latest image you prefare VIX
you only need to download your cams to box first
the rest is on the tuts.

Code:
http://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-builds/Guides%20and%20Tutorials/VIX%20Manual%20Vs%201.1.pdf

Thanks.

I was intending to just use a 500gb external drive for recording and EPG. I assume that's okay too?

But as I said. I've not decided yet. Although I imagine it's a lot less complicated than it seems once you have the box in front of you etc.

Forgive me guys for bumping this thread but all files restored on my guide, didn't realise they were missing so fixed it all. Add the latest/last update for Hades and will be upgrading to Vix 3.2 over the weekend so once thats done will be adding a backup image of that release for anyone who wants it. Found Hades Ok but not as stable as Apollo was so hoping the new Vix 3.2 is better with more features. I'll do a review once its on my box :)

Back now answering all your xpeed questions, lol

I can't flash using your image .
Box just goes to boot . I've tried 4 different usb sticks ( 2 of which work on my zgemma box to flash )
And it won't flash , no "press up arrow " on screen .
I've done hdd guru low level for at and full pc format still no flash ..
Must be the sticks I'm using ..?

---------- Post Merged at 11:12 AM ----------

Edit ... Didn't see to rename file
;-)

LOL, no worries its my misake on the file name thats why I put the rename note.

I'm currently doing the latest openvix 3.2 to my box, seems ok and I need to do some more setting up but once I've done I'll upload a backup image for everyone to flash and get the folder name correct

Back