Xpeed LX2 Setup Guide

Hi all, apologies if this has already been posted but I can't find an answer anywhere. So I have just bought an LX1 with Vix already flashed. I have managed to find all freeview channels and added my N Line (I think) using the guide above but I can't find any Sly channels at all, only freeview so I am not even sure if my line has been added or not. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks

did you setup your box to run autobouquetmaker set to your locality and sd as your channels will be in favourites,also bees has done a setup guide for an enigma2 receiver in the cable section might come in handy.

Thanks for your reply. I've managed to get it working but looks like me N Line (newcamd.list) didn't come through so just trying to figure that bit out now. Do you know if I just add the file into usr > keys using dreambox? Thanks

not used dreambox in years but use filezilla client to send your edited nline to usr/keys + you should have 2 files in the usr/keys section
newcamd.list
mg_cfg

Sometimes if you load the newcamd.list file and mg_cfg file you need to back into menu --- softcam/CI --- softcam manager then restart Mgcam 1.38 for it to start the line

Thanks mate, got this working great. I just need to get the EPG up and running properly tonight and I'm good to go. Really impressed by the box so far, especially after having an F5!

Hi Forcefire.

Thanks for all your work on this image and for the 'heads up' the other day.

I got my LX2 yesterday and followed your blog to get HADES up and running. All is woring well except the EPG and Favourites. When I look at the EPG or a section within Favourites not all of the channels have whats on or info. If I view one of these 'blank' channels and then go back into the EPG the info for the channel has now appeared.

Any ideas as to what I've done wrong? I'm using a 32GB sandisk stick.

Thanks gmangt4.

Pretty sure its set to save to my usb drive, I know my recording and time shift are. I'll check after work.

The EPG will need updating thats all, its set to update every 24hrs and location is external HDD so when you first install the image the EPG will be very out of date.

I've not updated the image from Hades yet, I've put the new Vix on my box but finding some issues which need addressing, as I did a box update and it crashed the box and my internet connection so until I can get chance to redo my box it I can't upload a new image, wil lget it done shortly

Hey all,

I have just added the new Vix 3.2 (release 005) to the blog so everyone can download and reflash their box to the new release. As before just load the folder to your USB and yes its named correctly this time, lol

Cheers

Great thanks for this - I'll reflash tonight.

One question. When changing location I notice there is three options SD, HD and Custom. Whats the difference and which is the best option?

Stay away from the HD setting, either use SD or Custom, I personally set it to custom as I've found it sets the region correctly. For some reason if I set my region to SD I get BBC1 Granada but with Custom I get BBC1 Yorskhire which is what I want

Great setup guide. All up and running with the box.

Just one question. When I got to my recordings (media screen) all the writing seems to be cut in half so hard to read. It works but it's just annoying. Anyone any ideas?

If you click the menu button while in the Media screen and set number of rows to 8 and then save, this will sort that out for you.

Back