Zgemma 2s usb stick help

Hello i am trying to install the openatv 4.2 on to my zgemma box but it doesnt want to flash for some reason

yet it will let me flash the openvix and open pli images no problem

my usb stick is formatted to fat 32

but on one of the posts someone was saying it might be the usb partition or something and that i was to ask here for help.

any help at all would be much appreciated

have now purchased 3 different makes of usb sticks and non of them can seem to flash the zgemma star s2 box

---------- Post Merged at 08:24 PM ----------

sorted this problem myself lol after paying a fortune out on usb sticks.

here is how you do it for everyone else who might be struggling

Plug the USB in to the back panel USB port., Power on, Press the Power Key on the front panel after you see “USB”on thedisplay.Then the display shows “Flash”

had nothing to do with what brand of usb stick i used it was just for some reason when i tried to update this box with open atv 4.2 it wouldnt automatically start to flash the box as it did when i flashed it with other firmware ie the open pli and open vix so therefore i thought it was the usb sticks but it wasnt.

you put the usb in the back of the box and power it on then have your finger near the stand by / power button ready to press as soon as you see usb on the display panel of the box as soon as you see it press the power button once and it will start to flash

Ive posted this before Dont even wait for it to say usb on the front Ive had problems with sandisk Cruz wont flash the box but will do recordings and epg found Kingston data traveler works fine

Yes with atv it doesnt just flash. You have to press standby on box to confirm flash.
Wasn't USB issue.

Last edited:
I've hooked up a 2tb external HDD for £55....I found it to be very reliable and has plenty of space too

Best whichever type of drive try to make sure it has own power supply rather than powered by USB. Best in long run and 'tend' to be faster

My box won't even say usb just says boot for 15 seconds and then goes through the numbers please help it's driving me nuts

I low level formatted using hddguru and for some reason it's put a write protect on tried removing this through cmd in my pc but didn't work, so ordered a new one I'm not a techy person but have learnt loads this last few days thanks to this forum

having same problem did a low level format using hddguru and then format in windows whole process took about an hour and half still no joy box just boots up as normal would you suggest i try a different usb stick? thanks

Back