Zgemma 2s usb stick help

Kingston g4 16gb £4 on amazoooon

---------- Post Merged at 09:00 PM ----------

having same problem did a low level format using hddguru and then format in windows whole process took about an hour and half still no joy box just boots up as normal would you suggest i try a different usb stick? thanks

What size was usb If it took that long?

quick question, doing the LLformat just now. when i go to format using windows. what size allocation should i be using??

Hi I was having the same problems with the USB stick not booting with the image vix 3,2.005 sucmnsee. I found that when I extracted the file on my PC to my USB stick using winrar that it would not flash no matter what I did or USB stick I used. I then tried again but before extracting it to the USB stick I double clicked on the file and the folder appeared called zgemma. I then extracted that folder only with its contents to the USB stick and it flashed perfectly.

It was my stick i bought a sandisk cruzer blade and it worked first time straight out of the packet no formatting or anything would recommend one of these to anyone facing problems flashing only £3.99 well worth the money

I had this problem and i had to delete all current images on ZGemma 'backup' folder . only then did it show USB and FLSH.. Hope this helps.!!??

I have tried 7 different USB sticks from verbatim to San disk and I can't get woosbuild to flash on my Zgemma h2s box...I have used HDd guru..the long version I have formatted sticks to fat 32 on windows the long version and still nothing...now if there is a USB stick out there that works perfectly with this build can someone put it out there as this is getting rather boring...there is a lot of info on here about what needs to be done but no one has said which USB works no problem with Wooshbuild....

have you ever flashed a box before. I ask that because are you sure you are doing it right. 7 Usb sticks? That's excessive. Personally everyone of my usb sticks work, but I know it is a common problem on here with people having problems with usb sticks. All genuine usb sticks should work. cheap usbs bought off ebay tend to be a problem because a huge majority of them are fakes.

I have come to the conclusion that some of these boxes must have a dodgy usb port. Your usb drives are probably fine. Give the port a blow, a wiggle, a clean and see if that helps.

My main usb stick is a 32gb Kingston data traveller micro.

I have tried 7 different USB sticks from verbatim to San disk and I can't get woosbuild to flash on my Zgemma h2s box...I have used HDd guru..the long version I have formatted sticks to fat 32 on windows the long version and still nothing...now if there is a USB stick out there that works perfectly with this build can someone put it out there as this is getting rather boring...there is a lot of info on here about what needs to be done but no one has said which USB works no problem with Wooshbuild....

This sounds like the correct folder / files are not right on your stick. As Kiddac said, 7 sticks is a lot as I am like him and have not had one stick not work and mine are anything from a 1gb old one to sandisk 32gb.

The file structure should be:

Root of USB
Zgemma
|________h3
|____________ 5 files

If you have anything different to that it is unlikely to work. The H2S needs to see that file structure to work properly. A zip file, or a WooshBuild folder with the rest in won't work. the zgemma folder and contents MUST be on the main part of the stick.

It isn't a WooshBuild thing, it is a flashing thing; my build, a vix build, an OpenATV nightly build, if the USB is not playing or the wrong folder structure is used it won't flash.

Last edited:
Thanks for getting back to me....my USB which is an 8gb Verbatim has the following files Zgemma....h3.....and 5 files in it....and it is the first time I have flashed a box

---------- Post Merged at 12:45 AM ----------

I have just realised I have had the Zgemma file in a file called basebuild....if I just load the Zgemna file from the basebuild file I will see if that works

---------- Post Merged at 01:13 AM ----------

Kiddac....Wooshman....thanks for ur help...I have actually done it....I can't believe how easy that was once I had removed the Zgemma folder from the folder I had called basebuild which contain Zgemma folder
Anyone struggling with flashing H2s please make sure as pointed out by Wooshman that all you download on to ur USB is the Zgemma folder only this folder contains h3 folder in that folder there are 5 files so it's Zgemma folder....h3 folder.....5 files

Kiddac or Wooshman.....I have an existing open box which the h2s is replacing the dream box has a fully functioning gift....my question is how do I transfer the gift to my Zgemma and is it possible

Thanks again guys for your help and Wooshman ur build is top man

have you ever flashed a box before. I ask that because are you sure you are doing it right. 7 Usb sticks? That's excessive. Personally everyone of my usb sticks work, but I know it is a common problem on here with people having problems with usb sticks. All genuine usb sticks should work. cheap usbs bought off ebay tend to be a problem because a huge majority of them are fakes.

I have come to the conclusion that some of these boxes must have a dodgy usb port. Your usb drives are probably fine. Give the port a blow, a wiggle, a clean and see if that helps.

My main usb stick is a 32gb Kingston data traveller micro.

cheers Kiddac....it was me with my zgemma file being a bit of a thicko when it comes to this stuff i wasnt following Wooshmans instructions properly.....

---------- Post Merged at 02:30 PM ----------

This sounds like the correct folder / files are not right on your stick. As Kiddac said, 7 sticks is a lot as I am like him and have not had one stick not work and mine are anything from a 1gb old one to sandisk 32gb.

Root of USB
Zgemma
|________h3
|____________ 5 files

If you have anything different to that it is unlikely to work. The H2S needs to see that file structure to work properly. A zip file, or a WooshBuild folder with the rest in won't work. the zgemma folder and contents MUST be on the main part of the stick.

It isn't a WooshBuild thing, it is a flashing thing; my build, a vix build, an OpenATV nightly build, if the USB is not playing or the wrong folder structure is used it won't flash.

it wasnt a Wooshbuild thing Wooshman you are bang on the money.....it was a Skip thing.....:taz:

HELP Please!

Root of USB
Zgemma
|________h3
|____________ 5 files

I am in dire straits here, i have tried 3 different usbs i have been and brought 2 sandisk usb today, i have unzipped the wooshman build i have put just the zgemma folder onto the usb but it just wont go into usb mode i have never seen the screen say usb! i have had the box 36 hours and tbh its starting to really F*CK me off i have tried everything i have HDDguru and done the full low level format on all my usb sticks aswell as the proper format on windows and guess what F*CK all is working! im at the end of my F*CKING teather here. please can someone give me something else to try before i smash this stupid piece of S*IT box to pieces

---------- Post Merged at 12:48 AM ----------

Root of USB
Zgemma
|________h3
|____________ 5 files

I am in dire straits here, i have tried 3 different usbs i have been and brought 2 sandisk usb today, i have unzipped the wooshman build i have put just the zgemma folder onto the usb but it just wont go into usb mode i have never seen the screen say usb! i have had the box 36 hours and tbh its starting to really F*CK me off i have tried everything i have HDDguru and done the full low level format on all my usb sticks aswell as the proper format on windows and guess what F*CK all is working! im at the end of my F*CKING teather here. please can someone give me something else to try before i smash this stupid piece of S*IT box to pieces

SORTED! went to original opena.tv website updated the firmware with their nightly build and it worked now i just hope that the wooshman aio wooshbuild will go on without a hitch now ive updated to latest firmware fingers crossed, by the way i still think these boxes are S*IT! haha F*CKIN chinese crap :/

Using an old 1TB driver from a defunct PC - stuck in an enclosure (powered) bought for £15 and works fine - had to re-initialise etc. as was using a cruzer but only had 32GB

Hi, it look like I made the same mistake by performing a factory reset. when I try to flash it does not say USB, it just boots. To check if the box has recognised the USB, I checked in storage device. The USB is there. I don't understand why I can not get it to flash!!!

Back