Zgemma 2s usb stick help

Yeh new usb
Hi I'm hoping someone can help me. I got a new zgemma H2s. i had it all setup the way i wanted it. then after trying to watch Kodi, the box crashed and then after i could not clear encrypted channel or connect through FTP.
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 500 OOPS: vsftpd: not found: directory given in 'secure_chroot_dir':/var/share/empty
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

I researched on here and could see the suggestion to flash.
my first step was to factory reboot to see if i could get connection back with FTP, but no luck and now i have an image i don't want too.
Trying to flsah by USB is not working either. I have tried several sticks and formatted in all ways suggested.

i really hope you can help.

---------- Post Merged at 06:51 PM ----------

Hi I'm hoping someone can help me. I got a new zgemma H2s. i had it all setup the way i wanted it. then after trying to watch Kodi, the box crashed and then after i could not clear encrypted channel or connect through FTP.
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 500 OOPS: vsftpd: not found: directory given in 'secure_chroot_dir':/var/share/empty
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

I researched on here and could see the suggestion to flash.
my first step was to factory reboot to see if i could get connection back with FTP, but no luck and now i have an image i don't want too.
Trying to flsah by USB is not working either. I have tried several sticks and formatted in all ways suggested.

i really hope you can help.

Guys I'm debating ditching Sky and going down the zgemma route with sly skin. When you series link record (to usb), are all your recordings displayed neatly? Thinking for the wife and kids.

I want to thank Adamrussell for his post about flashing the box.
I have been trying for a week with different sticks and getting nowhere .Box just showing usb then boot.
Have now got new version of open atv up and running so-------
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

as you have rekindled an old thread...

when flashing a new image, in your zgemma folder it will have a blank file called force or noforce.
If it says noforce you have to press the standby/power button on the front of your box when it says usb on the display.
if it say force, you dont have to do anything.
... or you could just rename the noforce file to force.

Hi Guys
I got my H2H yesterday and I have a small problem. I did a factory reset because I was getting some errors . Since I did this the boxes just hangs but a blue screen coming you ever few mins showing errors . I've tried putting the manufacturers firmware back on through USB but have had no luck . I also tried wooshbuild v5 which was the one I had before reset. I've tried various USB Sticks all formatted with various formatting software and still no luck . Any advice welcomed

Hi Guys
I got my H2H yesterday and I have a small problem. I did a factory reset because I was getting some errors . Since I did this the boxes just hangs but a blue screen coming you ever few mins showing errors . I've tried putting the manufacturers firmware back on through USB but have had no luck . I also tried wooshbuild v5 which was the one I had before reset. I've tried various USB Sticks all formatted with various formatting software and still no luck . Any advice welcomed

Wrong thread mate, this is an old thread and should be in the H2H section. I've been in the situation before where I've had 3 or 4 cheap USB sticks that wouldn't flash a box, generally a good brand (Toshiba/Sandisk) that does not have a large storage (16gb or less) works without fail

Wrong thread mate, this is an old thread and should be in the H2H section. I've been in the situation before where I've had 3 or 4 cheap USB sticks that wouldn't flash a box, generally a good brand (Toshiba/Sandisk) that does not have a large storage (16gb or less) works without fail
Thanks for info . I've bought Another stick Sandisk cruiser . Formatting at the min . Fingers crossed

Back