Zgemma delay when changing channels

Chilly

Ive noticed that im getting a 1 sec delay when changing channels,if im on bbc1 then change to say itv, it goes to itv then i get a blank screen for 1 sec then it goes back to itv,anyone know whats wrong

Your box is probably a bit busy. You need to reboot the box by turning it off completely and back on. Also install the cachflush plugin.

Typo cache flush, best bet is to google cache flush and see what it does on any software driven device

Also too many plugins can cause this too, also timeshift settings maybe?

think i read this somewhere............plugin for periodicaly flushing the box's memory cache

I wouldn't bother with cache too much, its a nice to have, but you have not answered the other questions, have you too many plugins? How much memory is free? Is your timeshift setting affecting? Are you expecting too much as its not the fastest box anyway?

Not sure to any of them questions as I'm a complete novice turning the box on and changing channels is my lot.I'm prepared to learn and greatful for all the advice I get of here.maybe someone can pm a check list of things I need to do to eliminate the issue

Press menu, information, memory see how much is free, also is your EPG saving to a USB as if it saves to internal it can full the free memory quickly and slow the box down to an eventual crash

P.S.its the flash we're interested in

image.jpg
Press menu, information, memory see how much is free, also is your EPG saving to a USB as if it saves to internal it can full the free memory quickly and slow the box down to an eventual crash

P.S.its the flash we're interested in
Hi gmangt4 thats my memory not sure if its enough?

Go menu, setup, system, channel selection settings then scroll down to zap mode and you can change from black screen

Thanks, you need to scroll down to see how much flash is free, but you don't have much free RAM either, you can do as gibbletts says and it will keep the old "channel" until new one locked, they are not the fastest boxes at changing channels anyway.....maybe free up some RAM by removing plugins you don't use and see its any better/faster.
I just tried my solo2 and it goes blank until the new channel clears but is yours going black again and then back on again?

I will try and delete some plugins,yes the pic goes to the channel then goes blank then returns to the channel again,very strange,
i think im gonna invest in a new external hard drive,as the 8gig im currently useing in the rear port im guessing isnt enough

---------- Post Merged at 05:56 PM ----------

image.jpg
Thanks, you need to scroll down to see how much flash is free, but you don't have much free RAM either, you can do as gibbletts says and it will keep the old "channel" until new one locked, they are not the fastest boxes at changing channels anyway.....maybe free up some RAM by removing plugins you don't use and see its any better/faster.
I just tried my solo2 and it goes blank until the new channel clears but is yours going black again and then back on again?
can i delete all these plugins?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 109
Keep media scanner and media player, the others can go, just remove 2 or 3 and reboot and see if its any better, the 8gb stick should be plenty unles your timeshifting to it? press menu, set up, system, scroll down to timeshift settings, change automatically start timeshift to disabled and try

I would delete weather plugin, media portal, mymetrix lite and kodi for now, reboot and see if its better

Keep media scanner and media player, the others can go, just remove 2 or 3 and reboot and see if its any better, the 8gb stick should be plenty unles your timeshifting to it? press menu, set up, system, scroll down to timeshift settings, change automatically start timeshift to disabled and try

I would delete weather plugin, media portal, mymetrix lite and kodi for now, reboot and see if its better
I thought @sucmnsee said not to delete mediaportal because it causes bootloops.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Back