Zgemma Star S2 stuck on boot

my box is also stuck in boot goes from 50-99 % then restarts ive tried using an unbranded usb im off to buy an new one to see if that works

if your box is stuck on bootloop. There are a few things you can do to try and fix it via ftp.

If you have installed a new skin - delete the skin you have just installed.
/usr/share/enigma2/

If you have installed a new plugin - delete the plugin
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins

If you have vix and done a software update - unfortunately this might break it - so a reflash will be required.

If you have done a factory reset - zgemma don't like this and you will need to reflash.

Don't forget to backup your line if you are reflashing. Instructions on how to do this can be found in my bare bones guide in the stickies at the top of this thread.

You can also try posting your crash log on here which lives in
/home/root/logs

I had this issue for the first time today - box stuck on boot. I had to re-flash it via USB stick, but also had to carry out a low level format using HDD Guru when the box wouldn't flash, as kindly suggested by some of the other guys.

Thanks for the reply kiddac and driver, i had done a factory reset on the box this is what messed things up, bought a cruzer fit 16gb tried a quick format didnt work so did a low level format and formatted to fat32 using windows then used sucmnsee backup , this worked perfect flashed from boot didnt need to press anything.

http://www.techkings.org/members/kiddac.html

yes I got this but my will not let me do eny thing to it it will not sea the pen I have try formatting it come up boot then 00 go to 99 then start a gen I did a 1 older box by jtag but can not get the software to work on windows 7 thank u mick

Hi, I had to flash the box as it was stuck on boot. Install new image openvix via usb. it is just now showing the flash screen and box is still stuck on boot. Any help welcome. Please

HI i had the same problem did low level format but did not work i had to change my box if anyone manage to solve the problem please let us know

I had the same problem and unplugged the power supply then pushed the white on/off button a few times to drain the internal gubbins of power ... reconnected the power supply with the usb in the rear port and reflashed it worked for me

Hi guys,
I cannot get my H2S to go into FLSH mode.
Have tried a whole host of suggestions including using HDD guru LLF then default format in windows and copying the zgemma folder as is to root directory, but the receiver just goes straight to boot and boots with original image.
Any Ideas?

Many Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 06:14 PM ----------

Hi guys,
I cannot get my H2S to go into FLSH mode.
Have tried a whole host of suggestions including using HDD guru LLF then default format in windows and copying the zgemma folder as is to root directory, but the receiver just goes straight to boot and boots with original image.
Any Ideas?

Many Thanks

Hi guys im new here i got zgemma hs with vix when i put my box on deep standby and start the box is stuck in the boot mode then i restart my box and its working is soemthing wrong with my box or is it normal
and could anyone tell me how can i write or open a thread thank you

To anyone who's still having issues flashing their box. If you have followed the idiots guide to sucmnsee image then right at the beginning there is a list of compatible memory sticks, at no point does it say about using a cheap unbranded memory stick.

Just for the record I have used sandisk cruzer everytime when flashing a box with zero issues.There has been no need to format it when it comes straight out the packet, just connect to your computer and drag the zgemma folder across into the root of the memory stick, pop into the back of the box and viola! I have used 8gb,16gb,32gb,64gb and the 128gb to flash boxes! all of which can be purchased cheaply from popular high street stores.

Hi guys,

I'm have a Zgemma Star S box which has Openvix running on it - last night I stupidly tried to update the box via the menu and have run into a whole world of trouble, cue almost 5 hours of fun attempting to reflash the box without success.

I can FTP into the box and have managed to obtain a crash log detailed below.

Any advice on the best course of action would be greatly appreciated - I'm just awaiting Windows doing a full format of Kingston USB stick I have, also formatted using HDDGuru.

The log is as follows.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<openvix>
<enigma2>
<crashdate>Thu Jan 1 01:00:25 1970</crashdate>
<compiledate>Feb 22 2016</compiledate>
<contactemail>vixlogs@oe-alliance.com</contactemail>
<!-- Please email this crashlog to above address -->
<skin>Default Skin</skin>
<sourcedate>2016-02-22</sourcedate>
<version>3.0.0</version>
</enigma2>
<image>
<kernelversion>
<![CDATA[
Linux zgemma-star-s 4.0.1 #1 Thu Nov 12 01:57:29 CET 2015 mips GNU/Linux
]]>
</kernelversion>
<kernelcmdline>ubi.mtd=rootfs rootfstype=ubifs root=ubi0:rootfs bmem=256M@512M bmem=16M console=ttyS0,115200n8 </kernelcmdline>
<nimsockets>
<!-- No such file or directory -->
</nimsockets>
<imageversion>
<![CDATA[
box_type=sf8
build_type=
version=3.2
type=release
build=037
date=20160222154554
comment=OpenViX
target=9
creator=OpenViX
url=http://www.world-of-satellite.com
catalog=http://www.world-of-satellite.com
]]>
</imageversion>
<imageissue>
<![CDATA[
Welcome to OpenViX for %h
openvix 3.2 %h

]]>
</imageissue>
</image>
<crashlogs>
<enigma2crashlog>
<![CDATA[
< 25.254311> [eInit] + (1) Background File Eraser
< 25.264459> [eInit] + (5) Tuxtxt
< 25.266705> [eInit] + (8) graphics acceleration manager
< 25.271084> [bcm] /dev/fb0 No such file or directory
< 25.271333> [eInit] + (9) GFBDC
< 25.281679> [fb] /dev/fb0 No such file or directory
< 25.281964> [fb] framebuffer /dev/fb0 not available
< 25.282193> FATAL: [gFBDC] no framebuffer available
]]>
</enigma2crashlog>
</crashlogs>
</openvix>

Please ignore the above - managed to get back up and running.

Basically the low level format using HDDGuru and then Full Format using Windows works guys.

Be patient with it, I can understand how frustrating it is having spent the best part of 6 hours to get things moving again but the short wait you have for formatting the USB drive will save you a lot of that time.

Updating the box online is NOT a mistake I will ever make again and at least I know have a little more knowledge to use rather than going into these things blindly.

I'll keep an eye on the thread and happy to pass on any of the info that got me working again - don't give up on the box.

Having accidently deleted multiple files from my zgemma while using File Zilla the device stuck on boot and would not flash The advice on this page to use the hard disc format tool on the flash drive before flashing the zgemma h2s was just brilliant. Reinstalled open vix with no hiccups. Many thanks to all. coramick.

Mine is now stuck on "Boot". I did fiddle about with it before it got to that. Tried to update it after some of the channels stop work. SkySports, SkyMovies etc. However before the update, other channels were working ie free channels. How do I get the channels back and how do I get it from being stuck on BOOT.

Can someone help me please.

Hi almashud have you got a usb stick if so format the usb stick to fat32 first and then go to the zgemma official website and go to firmware and select your box model next choose a image like for example openvix and download the file after that right click on the downloaded file and select extract and move the extracted zgemma folder on to your usb stick. And then switch off your box from the back button then put in usb in the rear usb slot not in the front and that's it. wait for about 10 to 5 minutes and remove usb. Hop it helps let me know how u get on.

Hey nitro123, Thank you for your help. I have tried what you suggested but the firmware on the Zgemma official website was not working. However I have downloaded "ZGEMMA 2S, S, H1, H2 VIX 4.1.001 SUCMNSEE 17.4.16" and followed your same method and this seemed to work fine and looks very similar to what I had before. Now all I need is my paid channels back. Can you help with that? Thank you in advance nitro123!

Back