ZgemmaStar2s OpenATV 4.2 31.01.2015 mtpockets

Status
Not open for further replies.
So would like to know does anyone have any idea as to why thezgemma box is working on sky but not on cable.

Sorry - I'd completely missed your post. Did you manage to get sorted? Have you changed the second tuner over to the dvb-c one and successfully got channels it's just they aren't clearing?

Sucmnsee's posted example of the newcamd.list above has another line in compared to the one you've posted, is this anything to do with it?

Yes mate finally got it working on both Sly and Cable, to cut a long story short, was putting an extra number in the cable password only realised when I checked my amiko which had the proper password.

So would like to know does anyone have any idea as to why thezgemma box is working on sky but not on cable.

Sorry - I'd completely missed your post. Did you manage to get sorted? Have you changed the second tuner over to the dvb-c one and successfully got channels it's just they aren't clearing?

Sucmnsee's posted example of the newcamd.list above has another line in compared to the one you've posted, is this anything to do with it?

Dont go by me on anything cable related as just guesswork. :)

Excellent reading and very helpful across the forum... Just waiting for delivery of my box will come as manufacturing default.

a quick question, i can see all the hard work that has gone into this build etc..

a couple of questions..

i will ill be keeping the box in openATV as I won't be using it as a main box so not worth changing the firmware etc.

so do you recommend using the build or adding these addons/ plugins in myself?

idealy I just want to set it up once and let it update itself automatically.

are you able use the same HDD for the EPG data etc & the recording of programs?

cant wait to get it, but may need help setting up...

cheers

Have a read of mtpockets post at No 3 -seems there is a problem with factory built images -so may be better to use his

That's a good point well made...

somit it looks like everything I would need is added on to it already...

is is it easy to add the "line" it's N - mgcamd....?

Yes, easy enough to add mgcamd - plenty of helpful people on forum to help guide you if you get stuck - we all had to start somewhere lol

Yes you can mate, however I'd recommend using a USB pen drive for the EPG and channel lists as daily updates would put unnecessary stress on a traditional hard disk. I now have both pen drive and desktop hard drive due to the amount of content being downloaded from TSMedia and recorded but I'm not sure when I'll have chance to watch it all!! :grin:

Don't forget once you're all setup to do the over the air update (blue button, software manager, software update, OK, green button and then reboot when prompted) as it's been a while now since I posted this build and things have advanced... Good Luck with your new box, hope you enjoy it as much as me!

Yes you can mate, however I'd recommend using a USB pen drive for the EPG and channel lists as daily updates would put unnecessary stress on a traditional hard disk. I now have both pen drive and desktop hard drive due to the amount of content being downloaded from TSMedia and recorded but I'm not sure when I'll have chance to watch it all!! :grin:

Don't forget once you're all setup to do the over the air update (blue button, software manager, software update, OK, green button and then reboot when prompted) as it's been a while now since I posted this build and things have advanced... Good Luck with your new box, hope you enjoy it as much as me!

Just ran the updates on my new box, its replaced the Sly Enigma boot screen with a open atv one, any way to get it back or reload it? new to these boxes so forgive my simple questions!

And can someone confirm the directory my newcamd.list should go in? and the best mgcamd plugin to run it? where can i get the mg_cfg file from? thanks

Last edited:
Download 'cams' from dl section. Has everything u need. 1.35a is there along with mg_cfg and newcamdlist u paste ur details into replacing the ***********.

It goes in /usr/keys

Download 'cams' from dl section. Has everything u need. 1.35a is there along with mg_cfg and newcamdlist u paste ur details into replacing the ***********.

It goes in /usr/keys

This ok to run under open ATV? Says its for vix......
i can also download direct to box via plugin?

No joy with the newcamd.list and mgcmd setup, i can get my line (n) working through cccam.cfg, any ideas where im going wrong?

wow, im starting to get a little worried now...

some people saying its dead easy to set up some people struggling..

I like to think im very tech Savvy and anything computer based is usually a dodle for me..

Time will tell as its not even been dispatched yet and im about to go on holiday. Bugger.

Hopefully i can pick some of your brains when i get back... pretty please....

---------- Post Merged at 08:29 PM ----------

wow, im starting to get a little worried now...

some people saying its dead easy to set up some people struggling..

I like to think im very tech Savvy and anything computer based is usually a dodle for me..

Time will tell as its not even been dispatched yet and im about to go on holiday. Bugger.

Hopefully i can pick some of your brains when i get back... pretty please....

No joy with the newcamd.list and mgcmd setup, i can get my line (n) working through cccam.cfg, any ideas where im going wrong?

Make sure you don't have the letter 'N' at the start of your line in the newcamd.list file. You also need to make sure you go into Softcams and activate mgcamd. let us all know where you got to and what you have done so far so we can help

Its me again! i dont seem to be able to record one channel and watch another, setting somewhere that needs adjusting? missus will be peed at me for missing the Brits :S

tuner config. Make sure both are set up
and make sure both cables from dish are in tight but dont force

Make sure you don't have the letter 'N' at the start of your line in the newcamd.list file. You also need to make sure you go into Softcams and activate mgcamd. let us all know where you got to and what you have done so far so we can help

I've copied the line so it begins CWS removing the N, started the mgcamd in Softcams and rebooted box, pressing the yellow button shows info for the line, but no picutres clearing

In newcamd.list make sure if ur line is blogs.org 11641 user pass 01 02 03...........13 14 you are just pasting the bit in red into where the *********** are. Using the newnewcamd.list you got here then save.

Also cant have cccam plugin or CCcam.cfg on box for it to work propely

tuner config. Make sure both are set up
and make sure both cables from dish are in tight but dont force

thats was it! tuner B wasnt configured, just set it to Equal to Tuner A?

---------- Post Merged at 09:01 PM ----------

In newcamd.list make sure if ur line is blogs.org 11641 user pass 01 02 03...........13 14 you are just pasting the bit in red into where the *********** are. Using the newnewcamd.list you got here then save.

Also cant have cccam plugin or CCcam.cfg on box for it to work propely

Ok seem to have cracked it now, last question, how do i get setanta\irish channels up? had them on Openbox setup etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back