The IPTV Crackdown Continues: A Thread For Customers Not Resellers

I think the same as most people on here ,sell everywhere and to anyone and you are going to get busted. Good suppliers are not that stupid and much harder to track down. Like most I have a supplier I have used for years and never get any issues because he only sells on recommendation. Avoid social media like the plague and you should be fine. I don't do Facebook,Instagram or anything like that as it has become a complete circus tbh. I am in my late 50's now and I have always loved technology but most of the tech around now you just don't need. Get a life. Kids hardly leave the house now,it's not good for them Just my opinion for what it's worth.

BTC isn't that volatile that the price will fluctuate wildly between the customer buying 35 quids worth and transferring it to the reseller though.
I have seen BTC drop just over 40% in one day and the network fees also fluctuate depending on activity.
Also great if you are shorting BTC.
Stable coin barely fluctuate that’s why lots of traders use them to trade with and can be used on different blockchains.

If I am paying for something in crypto I try to use a stable coin if it is accepted as payment.
Hopefully the seller takes the hit on any price fluctuations using BTC.

I haven’t had to use crypto to pay for a sub yet and not familiar with the transfer method that sellers use but just curious about the acceptance of stable coins.

You were very specific with your price of 35 quids worth is that due to experience?

Last edited:
The only person really taking a hit is possibly the person you pay.

Thete are services you just do the following

1 enter the amount in standard currency e.g £60

2 choose btc

3 enter wallett address

4. Pay with debit card and click send.

No need to sign up for any accounts
Well that does seem simple enough, only beaten by paying your mate in the pub.

I have seen BTC drop just over 40% in one day and the network fees also fluctuate depending on activity.
Also great if you are shorting BTC.
Stable coin barely fluctuate that’s why lots of traders use them to trade with and can be used on different blockchains.

I don't think it's ever dropped 40% in a single day has it? This site lists the 5 biggest bitcoin crashes and it's not on the list

https://www.techopedia.com/biggest-bitcoin-crashes

But anyway, I assume you'd be advised by your reseller to purchase the amount required and transfer it straight away, and the reseller would have to absorb any small drop in value there may be.

You were very specific with your price of 35 quids worth is that due to experience?

It was the price I last paid for a standard sub that's in my son's bedroom so just used the price as an example.

Yeah there are services out there whereby the user isn’t required to setup a wallet first so it’s easy to do, just people aren’t keen on doing it for some reason…

I assume anyone accepting BTC as payment would probably not sell subs if it was a day like that, although tbf days like that must come along only under very extreme circumstances (like a global pandemic)
Days like that are uncommon but in a down trend after a bull run at the end of its 4 year cycle it can drop up to 20% in a day.
Falling over 80% after it’s bull run isn’t.
But as someone mentioned it looks like the seller takes the hit.
I just see a stable coin as a better option imo.

Days like that are uncommon but in a down trend after a bull run at the end of its 4 year cycle it can drop up to 20% in a day.
Falling over 80% after it’s bull run isn’t.
But as someone mentioned it looks like the seller takes the hit.
I just see a stable coin as a better option imo.

I think maybe a seller asking for crypto payment is going to fill some customers with dread so maybe they go with BTC as it's the most widely known coin.

Price drops and increase really does not matter its only going to affect the seller not the buyer
it does affect the buyer if you got £60 in your crypto wallet one day then £30 the next. you can no longer buy what you wanted on the day before.

on the flip side, if it doubles..... free TV for the year.:smiley:

it does affect the buyer if you got £60 in your crypto wallet one day then £30 the next. you can no longer buy what you wanted on the day before.

One member mentioned they have seen a system where you buy an agreed amount with your debit card eg £60 and send crypto the same day directly to the suppliers wallet.

Fluctuation in value of BTC is on the receiving end I suspect and which makes sense.

You buy £60 of BTC INTO the sellers wallet, so it never affects the buyer

You buy £60 of BTC INTO the sellers wallet, so it never affects the buyer
if they got some kind of payment gateway, otherwise you buy it, it goes to your wallet, then you send send to there wallet.

if you buy and send straight away, you are unlikely to see much change in value. if you buy btc and it sits in your wallet , it goes up and down, thats how crypto works.

if they got some kind of payment gateway, otherwise you buy it, it goes to your wallet, then you send send to there wallet.

if you buy and send straight away, you are unlikely to see much change in value. if you buy btc and it sits in your wallet , it goes up and down, thats how crypto works.
Also depending on if the seller stipulates a set amount of Satoshi’s or a fiat currency value. I would think they use fiat value.
Also the price varies on different exchanges.

Back