1080i or 1080p whats best atv image

P is best (progressive, as opposed to interlaced).

However - currently all broadcasts are at 1080i maximum so if you're only using the box to watch TV via the tuners it makes no difference.

I know a camera man for sly and he said use to use 1080i
Interesting they only film in HD and 4K.
The SD picture your watching was an HD picture lol
(I asked the question can it be reverted, and he just laughed)

1080p is a greater image quality than 1080i so if you're set to 1080p then you're at the max.

In a nutshell 1080i only updates half the screen at every refresh. The next refresh then updates the other half. During fast moving images this can lead to a poor image as half your rows are from one image, and the other half are from the one before. The rows are interlaced in how they're updated (hence 1080i) - so on the first sweep rows 1, 3, 5 through to 1079 are updated. Then on the next sweep rows 2, 4, 6 through to 1080 are updated. Think of interlaced fingers.

With 1080p (or progressive) every row is updated on the same sweep. This results in a much smoother image but needs approx twice the bandwidth to do so.

As I mentioned before, Sky and Virgin currently only broadcast at 1080i so there's no benefit to 1080p via the tuners.

So basically theres no point using 1080p on a zgemma is that correct? Ive been changing the settings and cannot notice any difference tbh.

1080p is a greater image quality than 1080i so if you're set to 1080p then you're at the max.

In a nutshell 1080i only updates half the screen at every refresh. The next refresh then updates the other half. During fast moving images this can lead to a poor image as half your rows are from one image, and the other half are from the one before. The rows are interlaced in how they're updated (hence 1080i) - so on the first sweep rows 1, 3, 5 through to 1079 are updated. Then on the next sweep rows 2, 4, 6 through to 1080 are updated. Think of interlaced fingers.

With 1080p (or progressive) every row is updated on the same sweep. This results in a much smoother image but needs approx twice the bandwidth to do so.

As I mentioned before, Sky and Virgin currently only broadcast at 1080i so there's no benefit to 1080p via the tuners.

No idea mate what you mean by interlaced and progessive. Its always been a problem for me trying to understand which is the best 1080i or 1080p

I know HD broadcasts are in 1080i.

However if I have the receiver set to 1080i and TV to 1080p wont there be any conflict?

Back