A Buyers Guide To The Best Box

Hi everyone, i am new to all this and i guess these questions have probably been asked a lot but i cant find all the answers that i am looking for. Going to buy a zgemma h2s box, so i am correct in saying that all i need is a satellite dish and internet? Then i can load on the sky skin, and then i need a line? Some people on these posts have said do not get a 12 month line as some go out of business, what would everyone advise? Thanks for your help, this is really a great site with so much info.

Hi all,

My sky subscription is coming to an end and I'm looking to see what I can get from doing it on my own. However I'm a totally newbie to this scene but willing to learn and do it correctly.

I'm looking for recommendations for a premuim box (Mutant, MiracleBox etc), how to set it up for sky and where to get access to a reliable server.

Apologies for the generic questions but would really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

hi all,

my sky subscription is coming to an end and i'm looking to see what i can get from doing it on my own. However i'm a totally newbie to this scene but willing to learn and do it correctly.

I'm looking for recommendations for a premuim box (mutant, miraclebox etc), how to set it up for sky and where to get access to a reliable server.

Apologies for the generic questions but would really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

bump

Your best bet is look on world of sat for getting your box and instructions for it but do not mention servers on there look in threads for server recommendations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone, Curious... Seems to be a lot more talk on here about sat boxes over cable boxes. I thought with cable having HD more people would use them?

Im looking to buy a zgemma box to get started as I paid for an iptv service and they are giving me a free sat line (How good it is going to be I don't know) but was looking to see whats the best cable box to go for? or combo. got about £100 to spend, not fussed about recording n all that just want something reliable and decent quality for sport.

any suggestions would be great.

Hi all,

Totally newbie to this so be gentle :grin:

At the moment i have Sky HD+ with everything apart from films. I have 2 boxes, main one in the living room and one in the bedroom.
I also have a 150mb Virgin Vivid line as well.

Basically i'm looking to replace my Sky boxes (can do the main one first and then the bedroom one later). I love my Sky but the price is now getting out of my reach for each month.
I'd like HD, be able to record, basically what i have at the moment just cheaper lol

I realise the initial cost will be more but if i can outlay some money to start then save ££'s each month that would be great.

After having a look through i believe HD can only be achieved using a cable box. Would my Virgin internet line be able to supply this?

Thanks for any info shared

If you've got Vermin to your house already then you are half way there pal, get yourself a combo box, sat and cable. Zgemma is a good starter box and cheap enough to take a gamble on. Have a look on Mobishop, good service at a good price.

If you've got Vermin to your house already then you are half way there pal, get yourself a combo box, sat and cable. Zgemma is a good starter box and cheap enough to take a gamble on. Have a look on Mobishop, good service at a good price.

Cheers Leebod :woohoo:

Was looking at either the Zgemma H.2H or saw the Mutant HD2400 recommended in other posts, the Mutant obviously being more expensive.

Now i just need to look at all the other things i have to get/do when i receive a box. Is there any foolproof guides kicking about for noobs?

Cheers again.

Have a look at this video guide, it has been produced by someone else and credit goes to 442goals. You will obviously need to change the ** to tt when you paste it in.

h**ps://vid.me/zj9S

Just watched the video, seems easy enough.

Only bit though was the instructions at the start says it needs an RF connection is required.
Don't think i have one tbh, only VM and Sky sat. Will this matter at all?

techking.PNG

As you need to split your VM cable just make a small cable from splitter to rf in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think im going to order the Mutant HD2400 and Western Digital 1tb 2.5" internal drive for it (had a few problems with other hdd's in the past, WD hasn't let me down yet!)

Behind the tv on the skirting there's already a 2 way spliter. I has Virgin tv for about a week but hated the interface, remotes, etc after having Sky for 10 years, went back to Sky again after that, plus VM made an arse of the install upstairs!

Will i need an RF connection for the Mutant as well? The video was for the Zgemma. In that case will be a tri splitter, one for cable, one for broadband and one for RF?

One quick Q i just thought about, using the VM to get HD, etc, will i need to run the VM interface or can i use Sly with the VM cable feed so i can use Sky interface i'm comfortable with and used to?

Cheers for all te help, much appreciated

What are the chances of getting caught out using these boxes and lines?......... I have a bit of a paranoid mrs lol

Please can someone link some of these boxes, I want a hybrid one not to expensive which I can use with sat line and cable. Thank you

Back