A Buyers Guide To The Best Box

I've currently got an Openbox v8 but looking for something that allows me to record and watch another channel. I'm not very technical so easy set up and maintain i.e updating channel list.

Cheers for any help

can you use one of the combo boxes just for cable line as i cant have a dish for 12 months at my new property so i could do with some advice to which box to buy just for cable line without dish
thanks in advance and sorry for not having much of a clue

Hi.
I need a new box that's relatively easy to use. I have a VM line.
I want a box for basic channels, movies and sports. One I can literally plug in and go.
Was using a Kryptview HD until May.
Any help much apriciated.

If you want a VM only box then you need a DVB-C/T/T2 tuner box, I would look at the Edision OS Mini which is £79 from WoS, nice stable box and you can get OpenVix installed on it.

Great information as I was unsure of what box to buy, as I had a kryptview until it went off, I just want it for cable so I will probably go for the zgemma h2 I think am I making the right choice? as I just want something to plug and play as I am not very Technical

Great information as I was unsure of what box to buy, as I had a kryptview until it went off, I just want it for cable so I will probably go for the zgemma h2 I think am I making the right choice? as I just want something to plug and play as I am not very Technical

If you do go for a zgemma then look for a flashable image to load, also if you do install OpenVix DO NOT update it via the box, the zgemma range are not supported by Vix so go for OpenATV

Where do I find these flashable images, do I have to install Openvix as I only want films, and sports channels, basically the full tv package as it is for cable tv is this the best box to buy.

Where do I find these flashable images, do I have to install Openvix as I only want films, and sports channels, basically the full tv package as it is for cable tv is this the best box to buy.

You will find the flashable images in the zgemma section for the box you purchase, OpenVix or OpenATV is just the software that runs the box thats all, it doesn't provide any channels or anything like that, you will need a line from a server to get all the channels. I would take a look around the forum first to learn whats required to run these boxes before purchase, everything you need to know is already posted, just need to look and read.

get the kryptview back down from loft updates where u can add line good to go again and i would look at the edison box from wos

Hello kings of the technological age. I'm looking for a box and would like pointing in the right direction, I have VM broadband but also a sky line coming in but no subscription with them and would like a box that has TV listings and HD. Could anyone advise on the best and cheapest option for a plug in and play box. Much appreciated chap

Hi,

As long as you keep the VM Broadband then you are looking at a combo box, 1 tuner for VM and 1 tuner for sky, this way you can have all the channels including HD from VM and all the channels not including HD from sky. You need to consider your budget as you will need to pay for a box, storage like a USB stick or external Hard Drive and then a line for sky and a line for VM

As your looking for the cheapest option in boxes then I suggest you look at these 2 boxes:

1) Edision OS MINI 1x DVB-C/T2 + 1x DVB-S/S2 Linux Enigma 2 Combo Tuner Digital Receiver HD 1080p PVR for £99, very solid box and offically support by Openvix and comes with a 2 year warranty
2) Zgemma Star H.2H Two Tuner DVB S2 + DVB T2/C for £89, very popular box with support on this forum within this section: Zgemma Star H.2H

For recording then a 64GB USB Stick will do as it should give you about 50+ hours of recording time and you can pick one up for £15

As for a line, you need to request from the correct section here
Request a Sky Line: http://www.techkings.org/general-sa...ecommend-good-server-satellite-june-only.html
Request a VM Line: http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/59334-recommend-good-cable-pay-server-request-only.html

Some providers will offer both Sky and VM and always test the service before purchase, also make sure you look for the VIP and VET's for lines too.

Hi ...Complete noob to all this but can't keep paying sky an absolute fortune every month. Where do I start ? Looking at a Zgemma h2s box from the sponsors site so I know its the real deal. Can someone tell me which software / skins I will need to use to get the Sky type EPG and I'm looking to be able to get all channels inc PPV, Football and Movies. Is this decided by the line or server used ?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Cheers

Mick
:)

Start off searching the forum, there's tons of info on just about anything you wish to know. Most if not all will provide a full sly package inc PPV on the line they provide. There's a section on the forum for requesting a line if you haven't already found it. Just post a message and you will get many replies, try a few test lines.
There's a few sly skins, again just have a look round

Hi ...Complete noob to all this but can't keep paying sky an absolute fortune every month. Where do I start ? Looking at a Zgemma h2s box from the sponsors site so I know its the real deal. Can someone tell me which software / skins I will need to use to get the Sky type EPG and I'm looking to be able to get all channels inc PPV, Football and Movies. Is this decided by the line or server used ?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Cheers

Mick
:)

If your looking at a zgemma then take a look in this section: Zgemma-Star H.2S

Consider installing either Wooshbuild OpenATV release or Sucmnsee's OpenVix

When your ready for a line post here: http://www.techkings.org/general-satellite-discussion/77914-buyers-guide-best-box.html

Thanks TK
Finally i bought[h=1]GiGaBlue HD QUAD+ PLUS Linux Enigma 2 HD PVR Satellite Receiver 2x DVB-S/S2 + 2x Plug & Play Tuner Slots From (WOS).[/h]

Hello everyone. New to all of this, well sort of, I have a T8 box with Kodi which I use for sports subscription (not sure if I can name them so I wont just in case). I have VM B/Band and was looking into trying something different for my sport. So far I have been pointed in the direction of Zgemma (not sure which version I need for cable) and also the Venton Unibox. I think I'm right in saying I will need to add a N line once I have it up and running and I was hoping to possibly add an IPTV sub for 3pm's later down the line.
Would the 2 boxes mentioned be ok for what I want?
Cheers. (y)

If you are after a box that can run cable and IPTV sub then you might want to consider the Extrend E8500. Both 1554leslie and blackwidow have good review of the box in this thread and they said the price is going up within a day or so
Cheers Snapper, I'll have a look.

Hello peeps sorry to be a pain, im know absolutely nothing about these boxes, i have tried to research them. I am after a box with all channels including ppv and hd, i have sky but its a rip off, has anyone got any recommendations and also how i go about purchasing one?? i have been on ebay but they say no hd channel. Cheers peeps

Back