Atv 6.1 stuck on 49... Help

I appreciate what your saying, but what's the point of a setting backup if it can't be restored??...

If there is no problem with the settings backup you can restore it with no issues, I have lost count of the amount of times I have reflashed my boxes and restored settings and there has only been a couple of occasions it has not been successful.

I Have tried to help a friend out by adding the Xtream Editor onto his Zgemma Star S box and now it displays -49- no the display, on the TV it says Sky. I have tried to download flash images to various USB drives, but can even get it to boot. Please, can anyone offer me any guidance? I have access to the terminal via putty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As @Graham19811981 has said does it load up if not are you downloading the right flash image for that box
Thank you for your quick replies. It kind of starts in the fact it displays a Sky image and I can access the box via putty. The display on the box its self shows -49- but can't use the remote control. To be honest I'm not sure I know exactly which image I would need to download and use. there's so many... I hope this helps

Thank you for your quick replies. It kind of starts in the fact it displays a Sky image and I can access the box via putty. The display on the box its self shows -49- but can't use the remote control. I hope this helps
When it gets to 49 that's when it usually sets up what it needs to bare in mind the star 2s is an old slow box how long have you left it before turning it off thinking its broken lol

When it gets to 49 that's when it usually sets up what it needs to bare in mind the star 2s is an old slow box how long have you left it before turning it off thinking its broken lol
I left it overnight and it still is at the same place, it's strange how I can still access it via putty so it is getting as far to be able to connect to the network. What would you advise?

I left it overnight and it still is at the same place, it's strange how I can still access it via putty so it is getting as far to be able to connect to the network. What would you advise?

49 is usually a skin issue. If you can putty into the box go to /usr/share/enigma2/ and delete the current skin folder and see if it will boot with the default skin.

49 is usually a skin issue. If you can putty into the box go to /usr/share/enigma2/ and delete the current skin folder and see if it will boot with the default skin.
I have deleted the Slyk-1-hd skin folder and rebooted but it still shows the sky image - should I delete the skin.xml file?

I do appreciate all the help.

I have just had a look in the log files and found these lines since the reboot

Mar 9 18:00:11 zgemmas2s user.warn kernel: ipv6: disagrees about version of symbol tcp_conn_request
Mar 9 18:00:11 zgemmas2s user.warn kernel: ipv6: Unknown symbol tcp_conn_request (err -22)
Mar 9 18:00:11 zgemmas2s user.info kernel: do_page_fault(): sending SIGSEGV to enigma2 for invalid write access to 00000014
Mar 9 18:00:11 zgemmas2s user.info kernel: epc = 0057d384 in enigma2[400000+276000]
Mar 9 18:00:11 zgemmas2s user.info kernel: ra = 0057d3d4 in enigma2[400000+276000]
Mar 9 18:00:11 zgemmas2s daemon.info init: Id "gui" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

Does this help?

Back