Auto scan finds 0 channels and ABM providers blank

akki007

Everything works with pre-existing channel lists and bouquets. But if I do an auto scan it comes back with 0 channels. if i go to providers in ABM, its blank!

WHAT THE HELL?

he is getting a habit of doing this. Starting a thread then just going awol. Wasting peoples time. His last thread he said he didn't even use ABM. :bye:

i love those threads when you offer them a solution and don't let you know how they got on then about 3 days later they reply

Last edited:
Jesus, give me a chance to reply. I posted 45 minutes ago. 45 MINUTES. I've actually figured it out. I was going to reply with the fix but you know what, I won't. Get a life.

Jesus, give me a chance to reply. I posted 45 minutes ago. 45 MINUTES. I've actually figured it out. I was going to reply with the fix but you know what, I won't. Get a life.

ha ha it wasn't primarily for you just in general weather you want to share how you solved it or not i'm glad you got it sorted :peace:

ps i blame kiddac for for stirring us on lol lol

we know what the fix is... ha ha... that is why we are here. doh!

go on then I will have a guess so you can say I am totally wrong ...er..... you had it set to the wrong satellite. :druming:

go on then I will have a guess so you can say I am totally wrong ...er..... you had it set to the wrong satellite. :druming:

Youre right in so much as you're wrong. How would I have been using the box in the first place to lose ITV if it was set to the wrong sat? For others who may need to know... Manual scan in Vix (on my box at least) occasionally switches the manual scan option to a random sat and doesn't allow you to change it. so even though tuners are 28.2 and everything works fine, it doesn't then let you see any ABM providers. Rebooting fixes it but I'm not sure what causes it. It's happened twice following manual edits of transponder information in dreamboxEdit - that's the only thing I can see. Possibly a bug

There has been 3 or 4 posts recently where people where unable to change there satellite to 28.2 on scanning. Probably just a random bug that will be fixed via updates. Never had the problem myself though.

Back