AutoBoquetsMaker - "Timeout for Tuner Lock"

cant make out what you look like daft or not

I don't need any help looking daft mate, can manage all by myself sometimes! :willy nilly:

Back to the thread - the version of mgcamd definitely ain't causing the problem with ABM!

Last edited:
It seems strange why you would only get some paid channels working and a whole bunch that wouldn't work. Any updates on this as im quite interested to see what the issue was.

Some people with E2 boxes having this problem try this
Owing to the shuffling of services to use the narrow beam satellite, the details of the transponder to obtain the data for freesat need editing So till the clever people sort this out a way round it is Setup -Service searching- AutoBouquetsMaker- Providers-Freesat UK change to no- Start scan ABM works as a whole process. If one of the providers fails, they all fail. Also don't download timed scan for now

if you deleted old channels and autoscan 28.2 with a new list as abm has to run on a live channel does it not?

I'm not 100% sure it is the freesat as I've both home Boxs with it in ABM and mines fine while others cloned off mine aren't.

Hi, the last couple of days I have awoke to the same issue using sucmnsee's back up, been running perfect up until then, Freesat UK is turned off but after running ABM certain channels gone...any fix?

Menu
Setup
Service searching
Autobouquetsmaker
Start scan

Not a problem with the image.
Think its sky changing sh*t

Last edited:
Another reason for this problem is after changing the configuration of tuner B if you don't do a fresh channel scan you'll have this error. You just need to redo the channel scan, (ie Tuner B has been enabled when previously disabled ) otherwise ABM will just timeout...

ie Menu,Setup,Service Searching, Automatic Scan before running ABM and in ABM make sure previous bouquets are deleted - perhaps this is just an ATV thing but OP didn't state what image is in use...

Still no luck mate....i've actually managed to delete the way in which my EPG was setup....e.g sports...movies....entertainment....not sure how to get it back could you possibly help with that?

When i press EPG now it just shows "Last scanned" channels

Also when I press Cross EPG > Download Now ... This also brings about a timeout for tuner lock message for some reason :s

Thanks.

Last edited:
reread the tuts for setting up box again ,epg should not have anything to do with last scanned as that is abm.

Another reason for this problem is after changing the configuration of tuner B if you don't do a fresh channel scan you'll have this error. You just need to redo the channel scan, (ie Tuner B has been enabled when previously disabled ) otherwise ABM will just timeout...

ie Menu,Setup,Service Searching, Automatic Scan before running ABM and in ABM make sure previous bouquets are deleted - perhaps this is just an ATV thing but OP didn't state what image is in use...

Still no luck mate....i've actually managed to delete the way in which my EPG was setup....e.g sports...movies....entertainment....not sure how to get it back could you possibly help with that?

Also when I press Cross EPG > Download Now ... This also brings about a timeout for tuner lock message for some reason :s

Thanks.

Press exit til nothing on it then up or down for that EPG.
Then yellow for providers or blue for favourite. Cant remember which.

Or do the ABM scan again:
Menu
SetUpSetUp
Service searching
Autobouquetsmaker
Start scan

Menu
Setup
Service searching
Autobouquetsmaker
Start scan

Not a problem with the image.
Think its sky changing sh*t

Hi sucm, I sorted mine by switching from AutoBouqets (28.2E) to AutoBouquetsMaker, configuring and then start scan, sly channels cleared again, I prefer the AB28.2E because Setanta was listed in the sports "Favourite", previous morning's fix was to do an Automatic scan (took a while).....been ok this morning.

easy fix

hxxxxs

Thanks.
Its to do with Tuner B if you don't have a second cable in from the sky dish it won't scan, and if you do please check connection as the pin was bent in 1 of mine and the other was loose. when you have both cables connected and both working fine you should get rid of tunes lock!

I got a Zgemma s2 and only have a single feed as i live in a flat. Got the s2 as i am moving soon.
I kept getting tuner lockout error, so simply go to tuner b in the set up and set it to "Equal to" and select tuner a. Then scan and it will work.

I'm having trouble with tuner lock time out... I have a zgemma 2s & works fantastic with sucmnsee sly image... thought I'd try the zgemma h1 on cable as my girlfriend has cable only, no dish. I'm connected via tuner b rf... ethenet plugged in... followed the new sly image by sucmnsee for cable... but I get the time out thing in auto bouquet and scan picks nothing up. I disabled tuner a... in providers chose v media, put in net id etc... no joy at all. anyone done this yet? thanks

Back