1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cable Biohead Image - OpenATV 5.3 with VSkin - Cable only

Discussion in 'Zgemma Star H.2H' started by Biohead, May 3, 2016.

1. Roversmad22

Roversmad22 Member

Does this work on the Zgemma star h2 please?

2. dsayers2014

dsayers2014 TK Veteran

No h2h only

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Roversmad22 likes this.
  3. Roversmad22

Roversmad22 Member

I've got a Zgemma star H2 and have a issue with the channels.all the hD channels have got no name except n/a

4. Biohead

Biohead Member

This image won't work on a H2H. If you're running a different image ask in the H2 forum which is specific to the box you have.

Roversmad22 likes this.
  5. Westwoodo

Westwoodo Member

I have just installed this, it's working fine but could someone tell me how I can get the channel numbers to show in the epg please?

Thanks for the good work!

6. maverick718

maverick718 Member

Hi mate. Downloaded your image for my h2h and flashed. Problem is that it is getting as far as loading on 50% once the loading logo is on and then crashes. ive tried numerous usb sticks and redownloaded the build but still the same problem. Could you help?

7. Westwoodo

Westwoodo Member

Another quick question, how do I go about being able to pause/rewind live tv?

8. dsayers2014

dsayers2014 TK Veteran

Menu
    Setup
    System
    Rexording and timshift settings
    Timeshift settings
    Ensure timeshift location is showing: media/hdd/movie/timesshift
    Autorecord is showing media/hdd/movie
    if you want enable Autorecord
    Autostart ts after 30secs or whatever.
    As it is u must press pause to start timeshift

9. Biohead

Biohead Member

Just released an updated version. In this one ATV has had the latest updates applied and I've finally gotten round to adding the EPG page up/down feature using the remote Channel Up/Down buttons.

I've also started using mine exclusively with Wifi - I did leave ethernet enabled so if you're not using Wifi it should still work without having to make changes.

Is there any hint as to what's causing the crash? I have very little added in my image over standard ATV, never known to cause issues with other boxes. It suggests potentially there's a hardware problem with your box, or there's been a silent hardware change. I've just updated my image - so give that a try and see if there's the same result.

djstevie and bangord30 like this.
  10. oTangg

oTangg Member

Hello Biohead, is there anyway of stopping the box from going into standby mode overnight when its inop? I cant seem to find the option in the settings. A fast response would be appreciated!

EDIT:GOT IT, SETTING WAS IN EPG REFRESH LOL

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  11. maverick718

maverick718 Member

No idea pal. It installs wooshbuild and ipab OK but your image loaded via USB Then on the initial loading after the flash it only got as far as loading to 50 on the box then a black screen

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

12. Biohead

Biohead Member

Any luck with yesterdays update?

13. kilohydro

kilohydro Member

how do updates work bud? do i have to reflash the box with the new image or do i just run the software update on the box

14. maverick718

maverick718 Member

I'm away for weekend pal but will let u know when I get back and reflash

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

15. Biohead

Biohead Member

You can run a software update to bring ATV upto date - but if you're on a really old image it will break as there was a big change around August last year.
    If you reflash my new image you'll also get all the extra changes I've added to the image too - you won't get these through a software update. It does mean you'll need to reload your line after you flash so make sure you have a backup of it.

kilohydro and djstevie like this.
  16. djstevie

djstevie Member

I was using another image that appeared to update last night (dunno why thought i'd turned autoupdate off) and got the dreaded stuck on boot this morning. Thanks to you Biohead i flashed this image and was up and running again in less than 20 minutes. Works perfectly. Thanks for the hard work mate. Appreciate it.

17. kilohydro

kilohydro Member

just flashed the new updated version and now none of the volume buttons work on the remote (mute at the top and the vol-+)
    is there anyway i can turn them back on so the remote works like your old version

18. dsayers2014

dsayers2014 TK Veteran

Biohead where did you get the epgselection.py from?

19. Biohead

Biohead Member

KiddaC's website for the slyk skin. Didn't want to add the tabs, but it sorts out the pg up/down. I can't say I noticed it breaking the volume controls when testing though.
    @kilohydro have you tried disabling HDMI CEC in the settings? I enabled that be default a few builds back and it might not work properly with your TV?

20. dsayers2014

dsayers2014 TK Veteran

No that should be fine just wondered if that would cause issues with volume but kiddacs wouldn't.