Biohead Biohead Image - OpenATV 6.1 with VSkin - Cable only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try Bioheads suggestion as he said you won't brick the box but I don't think it will work as the file names within the zgemma folder are different

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Has anybody tried this build on a H5 or do they know if it will work on that please?
Give it a go? Although its a different box, I strongly suspect it has a chance of working simply because the H5 was nothing more than a marketing re-release so zgemma could tout 4K. It's essentially a H2H with a slightly different processor.

It's not 100% exactly the same processor - but it's 99% there. I'd strongly suspect the logic board is identical as the processor is an exact drop in for the one in the H2H - the only thing that may differ is the tuner.
If it doesn't work, your bootloader should still be intact so you won't have bricked the box and can just reflash a new image.
Cheers Biohead. Only one way to find out. Will give it a go and let you know how i get on [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Use CCcam.cfg and run cccam

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hi,

i have FTP the ccam but I cannot find the softcam manager anywhere on my h2h to run it? Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

Also Biohead, can you use cline with your image as that is what I have not an Nline?

The image that came with my h2h keeps giving the timeout lock when I scan, I am hoping if I flash with your image I won't have this issue?

Again many thanks in advance.

@lfc30: What you might have to do is change the folder name on the USB - so that they match the H5's layout.

So on the USB, you have the zgemma folder and in there you have the H3 folder. I think you'll have to rename that H3 to H5 (or whatever the H5 images use).

@sables: You should be able install CCcam from the plugins menu if it's not already there. To get to softcam menu press red, then SoftcamPanel.

Cheers, just to let you know i couldn't get this to work on the H5. Tried renaming the h3 folder h5 1st then just as h3 but both times it appeared to flash but then stuck on boot when starting backup. I have had more success with the latest wooshbuild v5 for H5.2s but have to change a number of things to suite a cable feed with good advice from Pex and dslayers2014 here:
http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-sta...satellite-wooshbuild-v4-00-openatv-5-3-a.html

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi, Can anybody tell me if a nline will work if not connected to the internet? FTP'd direct from router in another room but vm tv socket is in different location and tplink not playing nice and line won't work?

Get FTA Non HD but that's all.

No, you always have to be connected to the internet to watch encrypted TV - that's how the nline gets it's information.

Thanks Biohead, I need to download a wifi adaptor driver so will try later.

Biohead, are any adaptor drivers installed already as I have read that with some images some adaptors work out of the box?

Last edited:
Yeah there's quite a few installed. You can see which ones are there by going to plugins and remove - the ones installed will be listed under drivers.

Just tried to update software from the image and got stuck on boot with a red light, does this mean I can't update from this image version?

It used to be fine, but then the status changed to orange and it's followed by what you've experienced. I'm not sure if there's been a change in ATV which has broken it, I'm going to do a full update soon and see if that fixes it (using a new base image).

Biohead the brick on software updates started happening a few weeks ago its to do with opkg that needs fixing that cant be done via a software update so a fresh flash is required thats no older than 2.5 months once reflashed you should be fine

It used to be fine, but then the status changed to orange and it's followed by what you've experienced. I'm not sure if there's been a change in ATV which has broken it, I'm going to do a full update soon and see if that fixes it (using a new base image).

updates do crash your box so dont update software.

ive just downloaded a image from zgemma site and created my own for my box this is a cable only image and is working fine and does update software

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back