Blade BM8000 Firmware

Hi I just bought an bm8000 combo but I have don't have a clue his to set up. Would love some help if possible. Thx

With these boxes you need to load the patched firmware, download and unzip, put it on a pen drive, you should have an option
in the menu that says upgrade by USB or something similar.

Then use blade online (in the menu) to load your channel list.

Next enter a line either manually, (menu then 9991) or just (9991) on your remote when you have any FTA channel showing.

Or enter it by USB in a similar way to upgrading the firmware.

Don't have the new box but i'm pretty sure it will be similar to the others they have brought out.

When updating the insert the usb in the back

Menu
External Device
File Manager
Press Group on remote until it Says S/W along the top
Select Firmware and it will reboot

You can then press 9991 on a channel and it will allow you to enter details manually

For those out there this is the 'patch' Firmware I used for 9991 access.

If you download the file and unzip it and place it on a usb drive, plug that into the box.

Then enter the menu, then external device, then file manager. You will then see your usb, select the file by pressing ok and it will start to flash it.

Good luck.

Hope that helps

Hi, I carnt open the attachment

hi im new to these boxes i ve just got a bm8000 can any obne help me with the patched firmware ??

---------- Post Merged at 09:42 PM ----------

i cant open the attachment on here

No, sat and terrestrial so it's a bit misleading
as most think of combos as sat and cable.

See post 2 and 3 lol

The answer you where searching for was well hidden lol

Last edited:
hi mate thanks reply i bit confused is it a sat box ;;;;or cable box then lol yes i thort combi was sat and cable ps does it work on sat then with third party firemware ;]

Hi just received the BM8000 after getting fed up with Skybox. I have downloaded the firmware but the bm8000 keeps telling me there is no usb drive attached? If I go in to file manager the system locks up. I have even tried formatting the usb and re-trying.

Any help please?

Have you tried the earlier firmware version
in this thread ?

I cannot get the unit to recognise the usb drive let alone read it.

---------- Post Merged at 12:47 PM ----------

Found the problem. If I have a usb hard drive plugged in to the back of the unit it will not read a usb pen drive in the front, Whats the point of a front and rear usb if it can only use one or the other?

---------- Post Merged at 01:40 PM ----------

OK is there an idiots guide to help me, an idiot with this box bm8000?

The instruction leaflet that came with it is about as useful as a chocolate teapot in the sahara desert?

Once I have downloaded the firmware and performed the blade online for the channels what else needs to be done as I am getting nothing. the Sky satallite is not even listed in the setup list.

hi does anyone have the latest firmware for this box i have seen it on another site but cant find it on this one [150127]BM8000_109p this is the latest one

I have just received the 109 firmware, but I am in work so can't upload it till later (y)

Latest firmware / Best WiFi Adapter BM8000

Hi bees,

Can you plz upload the 109 firmware? Thanks

On a side note, has anybody used a WiFi adapter for the Blade Media BM8000? Can someone recommend one to me? Cheers ppl

It's in the download section here

Also if you can run a pair on homeplugs I would go that way rather than WiFi

Back