BM5000s Tweek

bees

VIP Member
Menu - Setup - TV Set up.

Turn the resolution to 1080P

Turn standby mode to normal,

I thought my remote had a faulty button it was taking that long to boot in power save mode lol

mine took a long time to boot, also doesn't clear BBC channels on the V polarity, will drop sound and then signal after 2 - 3 minutes but ok on BBC channels in H polarity. when watching FTA channels (UTV..etc..etc) i change to a $$ channel it would take up to ten minutes to clear. it was like that before any new FW was installed and i thought they would clear it up but no joy also random reboots while watching tv so its off for a refund and shop elsewhere , hope next one is a lot better. :(

I have the same problem but thought it was just me and my powerplugs.. When I am watching a FTA channel and I then change to a $ channel the channel stays scrambled until I reboot the box, it is very frustrating does anyone else have this issue?

---------- Post Merged at 08:43 PM ----------

Sorry what does the above tweek do?

tweek looks like a faster boot time from power on by the looks of what Bees is posting. although i dont see what the resolution adjustment is for apart from better picture quality but it should do no harm..!!

The box boots faster and gives a 1080p picture.

It defaults on auto to 1080i, even if it's a 1080p tv.

mine took a long time to boot, also doesn't clear BBC channels on the V polarity, will drop sound and then signal after 2 - 3 minutes but ok on BBC channels in H polarity. when watching FTA channels (UTV..etc..etc) i change to a $$ channel it would take up to ten minutes to clear. it was like that before any new FW was installed and i thought they would clear it up but no joy also random reboots while watching tv so its off for a refund and shop elsewhere , hope next one is a lot better. :(

Any solution to this, wow i hope i dont have the same problem when box is sorted. That must be so annoying!!!

Hi Bees I thought the broadcasts were 1080i [sky] unless I am mistaken I cannot therefore see the point in setting the blade to 1080p wont it just scale the 1080i to 1080p causing more work.

Cheers bees, boots up in seconds. Was getting fed up with pressing the s*%t out of the power button.

Back