box advice

Hey

I am looking at buying a new box. I currently have a openbox v8s but getting bored having keep updating the channel list. So my question is what is the best box I can buy with a good epg and auto updating for around £100 ?

Thank you

Have a look at Technomate and Zgemmas. I'm sure you'll find what you need out of them. But you'll have to do a lot of homework.

Any particular model ? Probably thr best one with a step by steo guide bexause never messed about with these boxes only ever known v8s v5's cheers matey

If you want for sat, i'd personally say Zgemma 2s. There's a whole section on the 2s on this forum. There's also an thread with a vix image on the Zgemma 2s forum.

---------- Post Merged at 07:45 PM ----------

For recording I'd say the ZGemma cause it's a twin tuner^

Go with zgemma star 2s down to £65 on flea bay now its got every thing you need and loads of help on forum to setup,it a twin tuner and has auto update on epg great box all round

yes it can do cable and satellite,if you need cable go for the zgemma star H1 it is a twin tuner (cable and sat dual tuners) but you will need 2 separate lines/servers

Zgemma H1 is a combo. (1 sat, 1 cable tuner)

S2 is a twin sat tuner.

It is supported by openATV images but most seem to use
a modded Vix image which may cause you some hassle in the future.

What do you mean by 'patched' images. Ive noticed on the zgemma section there is a thread vix apolo 165. I assume this is a vix image but made to work on the zgemma?

Yeah there patched images I use it on my zgemma it just means that you can't do online update you have to do it on usb. Easy to use and can still update epg on box

more or less as you said in above post.a patched image is one that is not supported by the maker of the box (hence patched ) as to supported images but vix images work great on zgemma boxes as do other images on other boxes also not supported by the manufacturers

Back