Bug fix for summer time EPG

? i have a f5 skybox done all the uploading new sw from open box.cc ,al ok till about ten mins in then starts to loop up to 100 keep doing this till i turn it off for a while, then ten mins later same looping again is there any fix for this, cherrs paul

? i have a f5 skybox done all the uploading new sw from open box.cc ,al ok till about ten mins in then starts to loop up to 100 keep doing this till i turn it off for a while, then ten mins later same looping again is there any fix for this, cherrs paul
First check your coax connection Cable going to back off box make sure centre core is not touching outer core if that fail you will need to recover your box look in the stickys in the f3 /f5 thread Look here Recover Dead Skybox Flash Using Serial RS232 Null modem Cable

Read More at : http://www.techkings.org/search.php?searchid=1696363

Last edited:
cheers for reply, just to let you no the cable going into box is ok, i have uploaded sw with null and thats ok aswell ,it the right for the box no miss match, channells all upload ok on channell scan, then it just loops . i could be watching it for a hour or just ten mins, im thinking prob with psu, i think iv put every update on it inc clone just to see but still loops ,strange one

You could try another Psu they are cheap enough on fleabay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im getting error decompressing please check disk free volume on skybox f5s when trying to update epg, my box was fine up until about 2 weeks ago,its updated to latest firmware have tried several diferent usb,s,i can record to usb so its fine any one any ideas

I didn't think this box could get any worse until the summer bug.........I guess we get what we pay for.

My mistake...... It's not the fault of the box afterall, it's the 7 day epg problem that's happened recently.

Doh!

EPG for skybox f5s is still down and still putting out the failed message.soooooooo frustrating,there must be some clever soul out there with an easy fix.

xmltv epg

is there a way to put the XMLTV EPG on the usb stick from an external source.. ive tried the xmltv grabbers and other stuff but I cant get my head round it all I got as far as getting the single channel xml files downloaded from a site that had them up for DL and put them on the usb ... but to no outcome as I expected lol just a try though worth a dabble when you don't know what your doing ... would it be possible for somebody in the know to download the file needed (using the aj channel list) and upload to everyone who needs it or does it have to update via the box (f5s) or even if it is possible doing a tutorial on here ..... just a thought ..

thanks

OK I have got a grabber working and downloading but not showing up on the f5s box the grabber has different settings for grabbers and postprocessors .. I presume they must be set specific for the box to read them ... Anyone any ideas what the setting may need to be .. ? .. The software is called XMLTV GUI ..

Back