Cable box

bow

Hi was looking to get a gigablue had ultra eu on a vm feed anyone recommend these boxes and are they Easy to set up. Can't find much info on these in forum.thanks

Ease of set up depends on what image your familiar with

I use an xtrend et8000 and an et10000 on cable and really like them

I would like a duo2 though

Pretty new to this side of cable, used to do old ntl boxes reprogramm cards etc, have sky box f5 on sat in one room looking to something with cable in other room.looked at zegemma but seems to be few issues with this box according to some on here.

If you post your budget and what you want, twin tuner? Internal hard drive, combo sat and cable? Etc. People will give you many choices lol

Take it twin tunner watch one programme record another. Just looked at extrend et 8000 if got this is everything on forum to set this up to vm feed. Thanks

Yes, everything here, don't think box specific for set up, think like windows or Android on different brands, get it pre flashed with openvix and everything is on here, a user called bees did a guide for a combo, just ignore the sat side if no sat needed, I learned all I needed from that thread, you will also get a line gift supplier on here too if you look around

Cheers gmangt4 will look at the post, have line provider no doubt will be in touch with you again for info if that's okay.

Yes no problem, tk is a friendly place, people fall over each other to help out lol
Let me know if you need any assistance, and enjoy the brainache lol

Little bit confused got vm feed about to buy box which I want to record and watch different programme at same time, so would I have to buy combo duel tunner get a dish and get two lines one sat one cable for this. Thanks

if you want both cable and sat then a quad tuner is needed 2 x sat and 2 x cable tuners which allows viewing and recording on both and get a large hdd also 2 lines needed sat and cable.

if just wanting cable x 2 many are swappable tuners and you dont have to get sat tuners if you have no dish.

No, buy the 2 x dvb-c tuner model, where one vm feed can be split
Pm me your email and I will link you the one

You may want to look at something like this

Miraclebox Premium Twin+ Plus 2x DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma 2 Linux HD Digital Receiver PVR Ready £210

or

Vu+ Solo SE V2 Twin Tuner DVB-C/T/T2 Cable / Terrestrial Linux HD PVR Ready Receiver £160

Flashed with openvix from world of sat.

USB Hdd for recording say about £30, plus a cable line say about £80 per year, splitter kit about £5 ballpark

Then have a read here

Don't forget one on these

F connector.jpg lol

Last edited:
hi anyone help just trying to set up xtrend 8000 stuck on first part cant get usb wifi adapter to connect to internet used network wizard says no connection

sorted connection out used homeplugs now working, cant find any channels does anyone no if net id for v---gin ellesmere port is 41048

Back