constant freezing

scouse645

tried everything to stop this freezing, using vix image, gigablue quad box, which is new, starting to think it has something to do with the internet, i'm with plusnet, becoming unwatchable, i have good lines,who report no problem, anyone able to offer any ideas? before i shut it all down and stick to cable, no problems with cable by the way.

Either speak to your line provider and ask if it's anything his end he can spot or your internet isn't stable. Dunno if they have anything on plusnet but also turn off any parental tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why dont you request a test line from the forum to see if thats any better
Thanks, tried that and still the same, confident the lines i have are very good, no glitching just freezes, got to be connected to the cam or internet. tried different cams also.

seems strange one side of box has issues and other side is ok.

what type of lines in use on both?

Last edited:
cable side is almost perfect, no glitching and no freeze, does that rule out the internet? just to add cable is another box. can't be the box though as i have a mutant 2400 and that is the same.

Slightly relevant but I've noticed cable servers seem to be more stable than satellite. Don't know if it's just a coincidence and I've been lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try a different mg_cfg file with different setting. The cable mg_cfg setup is different and it may be down to that.

we know cable is good ,so need to study sat both tuners set on 28.2 ,but what signal and quality are you getting.

Try a different mg_cfg file with different setting. The cable mg_cfg setup is different and it may be down to that.
Thanks, tried that last night, was feeling smug that i had fixed it, then it froze, replaced all files today, no different.

---------- Post Merged at 08:46 PM ----------

we know cable is good ,so need to study sat both tuners set on 28.2 ,but what signal and quality are you getting.
got itv4 HD on and it's 90% signal, usually 75% plus on most channels, i have two tuners connected from the same dish.

so you have a mutant on sat with same issues as the quad?
Yes but not at the same time, only one sat box plugged in and that's the gigablue. bought the gigablue to rule out the mutant. just to mention that i have a few lines but it does the same regardless of how many are in the file.

Last edited:
If you have a few lines. set it up to run then in Oscam as all lines will be active together, the box will be picking the best line every 8 seconds.

If you have a few lines. set it up to run then in Oscam as all lines will be active together, the box will be picking the best line every 8 seconds.
not got round to learning Oscam yet, using mgcamd, which has been fine until recently. i did think they may conflict together but 1 line in the file is the same.

what is your cws timeout set to on the line file, it is usually 60, change it to 300.

my files on some boxes look like this now, other boxes, same make model and build, are still on 60 and working fine. but worth a go.

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS = my.server.com 20000 user-name user-password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Last edited:
what is your cws timeout set to on the line file, it is usually 60, change it to 300.
will do, just checked it's on 300, doing me ed in this one, the wife's moaning that i have been on the computer for days and keep messing about with it, they don't understand.

Last edited:
both boxes are using nlines and mgcamd 1.38 ,not convinced its a server issue as many lines tried on both sat boxes and both having issues.wonder if lnbs acting up ,how old is the setup?

Back