constant freezing

Yeah there's a section for that box. Diifferent file! But if you've tried other images...hmm.

Cacti has done the splitter lecture hasn't he lol?

Yeah there's a section for that box. Diifferent file! But if you've tried other images...hmm.

Cacti has done the splitter lecture hasn't he lol?

i think i tried that one the other day, i did change the router but still the same, changed the micro filter and adsl cable to the router today, i think i mention everything on previous posts.

Could ba a drivers issue so all OSs be the same. VIX team would know I bet. Rolled back to older versions to try?

Could ba a drivers issue so all OSs be the same. VIX team would know I bet

as you mention i can't say much on there, i will give the ATV image a go again, there not catering for the likes of me on vix images i suppose. appreciate your help though.

i think i would try boxes at a different location and have a feeling will work perfect elsewhere.
run through all thing tried,reflashed many times,how is box connected to internet,nlines in use,lan cables replaced,wifi/homeplugs? what hub in use?trying to cover all basis,how old dish is and clear field of vision?

Could ba a drivers issue so all OSs be the same. VIX team would know I bet

as you mention i can't say much on there, i will give the ATV image a go again, there not catering for the likes of me on vix images i suppose. appreciate your help though.
Sorry I see you've another box like this too. How odd! Yeah sounds like we're all out of ideas except try a box at a different location

connected to internet by ethernet, nlines used with mgcamd, router is tp link, not very old, put plusnets own in to try but the same, sky dish is new, changed it to sort the problem out, lmb is new, used new files for newcam etc, i thought it maybe the cables from the sky dish, i have a motorised dish in the garden, connected that cable, just the same. my daughter has a box i put in, could i take my box down there and use her line to try it?

does the fta on sat also have issues?

try her box in your location and i have a feeling it might be the same?

and your box in her location to see if works better,is it a different house or using same location.

Last edited:
worth a trip then to hers to see your boxes working better over there.

fta on yours point to to something not right on your sat system.

worth a trip then to hers to see your boxes working better over there.

fta on yours point to to something not right on your sat system.

do you mean cables? seems odd that it's from two different dishes, maybe one dish could have bad cable but not two, maybe i can run a cable from my sky dish through the house to see if that would help? or does that sound daft? anyway lads i will bid you good night and many thanks for you help, will take my box to hers tomorrow.

Last edited:
Mate, I was having the exact same issues...paid channels freezing and FTA channels working perfectly. Done everything you have done

Reflashed box
Replacement router
home plugs & wireless - Now on home plugs
Tried several lines
Tried another box (setting up for my cousin) - all the above did not fix the issue

All made no difference so I was on the phone to my provider who I noticed is the same as you.....PlusNet. Been on the phone to them since last and last night the guy changed my router IP and then called back about 10mins later asking to reboot my router, not sure what else was done but since then there has been no freezing. My misses is in the house just now and we have went the longest without freezing, at least 3/4 hours. I was constantly getting the freezing every 10/15mins before hand

He is calling me back tonight to see how the internet has been so i'll ask what was done and maybe you can phone up plusnet and ask them to try with yourself.

---------- Post Merged at 12:32 PM ----------

here's a link to my thread, literally the same issues as you - only diff, I have a zgemma 2s box but the common factor here is PlusNet

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/109405-zgemma-freezing-lot-more-often-now.html

Thanks mate, round my daughters and it's perfect, i'm on the case, my laptop is also better round my daughters, it's defo plusnet, cheers for that.

cams dont work on fta as no need and you can pull lan cable out of box to double check and if it still freezes might be worth consulting sat technician,next door had issues with their skybox and water ingress entering cable at lnb went down to box and when removed from box it was black.

i rang my sat tech and he thinks either cable blowing in the wind on lnbs could be damaged if not tied down,remember your cable line works perfect so not internet issue,how easy is it to check cables are tight on lnbs?

cams dont work on fta as no need and you can pull lan cable out of box to double check and if it still freezes might be worth consulting sat technician,next door had issues with their skybox and water ingress entering cable at lnb went down to box and when removed from box it was black.

i rang my sat tech and he thinks either cable blowing in the wind on lnbs could be damaged if not tied down,remember your cable line works perfect so not internet issue,how easy is it to check cables are tight on lnbs?

Went to my daughters today and set it all up, ran perfect, as you said it probably would, so i thought must be cables or internet, i also took my laptop which i thought was on it's way out, that also works fine round there, after daverfc81 post today i rang plusnet and they checked there end and said it was fine, told me to try another router, which i did and guess what no freezing, up to now anyway, i had already used another router, ordered a new one now anyway, why my cable box wasn't affected i don't know' hopefully that will sort it, thanks all for helping in this matter.

Went to my daughters today and set it all up, ran perfect, as you said it probably would, so i thought must be cables or internet, i also took my laptop which i thought was on it's way out, that also works fine round there, after daverfc81 post today i rang plusnet and they checked there end and said it was fine, told me to try another router, which i did and guess what no freezing, up to now anyway, i had already used another router, ordered a new one now anyway, why my cable box wasn't affected i don't know' hopefully that will sort it, thanks all for helping in this matter.

It took me about 4/5 phone calls to PlusNet before they managed to accept that something was wrong mate. I wouldn't be accepting them saying everything is fine because that's all I got for the first few days.

Unfortunately the guy never called me back last night after being a great help throughout as well. If I don't get a call back tonight i'll be giving them a call to find out what was done.

Just a question mate, when did this start happening for you? It really started to ramp up on me about 2/3weeks ago.

Anyway, i'll find out what PlusNet done and get back to you

Thanks for that, i'd say it started about six weeks ago, like you i farted around with it for weeks, got a new better router today, seems ok at the moment, fingers crossed that it's cured, drove me mad.

Back