constant freezing

One thing i have noticed is when it freezes if you restart the cam it come back on, not sure if that is relevant in any way.

that's for a combo, mine is just sat

---------- Post Merged at 11:48 PM ----------

that's for a combo, mine is just sat
i wish i had a fiver for all the times i've set this box up from scratch.

---------- Post Merged at 11:55 PM ----------

anyway thanks all for your help.

no difference same setup use sat or if people had cable tuner they use other side.but did you set it up correctly is the question?

been racking my brain to think what else i can change, i was looking for something near the phone socket, i looked at the micro filter and thought maybe that's playing up, i changed it and touch wood it seems to be ok, not getting carried away as i have had a few false dawns, i will observe (easy for me) and report back, all the help i have received is much appreciated.

---------- Post Merged at 11:42 AM ----------

a new false dawn i'm afraid, took a bit longer but still froze, i have redone the cable ends many times, they are fine, i changed the lmb a few weeks ago, not sure there is anything else i can change, not a faulty box either as i have 3 sat boxes, only one connected though, and they all do the same.

---------- Post Merged at 12:08 PM ----------

can anyone describe how the network is set up on a sat box, just to make sure it's correct? feel sure it's internet related somehow.

I had a freezing for well over 2 months. try this try that think you have a cure for 15 mins perfect then starts again. But 2 weeks back started OSCAM with 2 nlines (with guide help found on here) and haven`t missed a beat since.easy to do on my zgemma box. post guide link if i can find it.
If you have a few lines. set it up to run then in Oscam as all lines will be active together, the box will be picking the best line every 8 seconds.
not got round to learning Oscam yet, using mgcamd, which has been fine until recently. i did think they may conflict together but 1 line in the file is the same.

---------- Post Merged at 09:36 PM ----------

this is the link i followed, but i see its was for atv but i think you will understand the idea post 45 http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/95494-oscam-atv-3.html
I had a freezing for well over 2 months. try this try that think you have a cure for 15 mins perfect then starts again. But 2 weeks back started OSCAM with 2 nlines (with guide help found on here) and haven`t missed a beat since.easy to do on my zgemma box. post guide link if i can find it.
If you have a few lines. set it up to run then in Oscam as all lines will be active together, the box will be picking the best line every 8 seconds.
not got round to learning Oscam yet, using mgcamd, which has been fine until recently. i did think they may conflict together but 1 line in the file is the same.

You on Vix? Posted on w o s? Think I saw folk with this problem on that receiver on there. Just mind don't mention lines lol

Back