CROSS EPG OPEN ATV 6.0 (Dsayer)

XSONY_NGUX

TK Veteran
Guys anyone got a working version for 6.0?

It just stops download on the one in plugins at 586 kb for me.

Help would be appreciated i don't like EPG IMPORT

6.1 is out tried that?
I don't know how to do i get on there?

I went on Dsayers 6.0 OPENATV BUILD

This was yesterday btw and i did do a full software update from the box and i had no luck installing the 0.6.2 Cross EPG.

If it did install when i launched cross epg it was 0.8.3 the 0.6.2 did not install.

I also tried the 0.8.3 Cross EPG from the system plugins and that had a jam issue at 586 KB.

On OpenVix Cross EPG works fine for me but the reason i wanted to go back over to OpenATV was because it's officially supported and as they are making new updated versions of the software i'm starting to feel they less reliable with both Vix and ATV.

They need to make one super strong build that has no bugs but guess that won't be till the developers have finished what they are trying to achieve and done everything they can with the coding.

The stable release for me was the last OpenVix 4.xxx versiom but ABM and Cross EPG are not supported on that and and with the latest Open Vix 5.0 the issue is ABM config files always getting changed after months that have to get replaced if a new ATV fixes it or through an updated Vix release which has to be done manually and not through the box.

Hence why i wanted to roll back to ATV 6.0 and that doesn't even have a working Cross EPG. Not a fan of Epg import and i'm sure Dsayers aint too cuz when he first used to do his releases they had Cross EPG and that is far by the best for Sat.

If you're on ATV or if anyone is on ATV and they get cross epg working please let me know how they did it.

I have heard rumors that the Wooshbuild cross epg works but god knows if they running the latest ATV version or a specific version.

I would prefer the Cross EPG to work on the latest 6.xxx version of ATV and not 5.3.

For now i'm sticking to the latest Vix from zgemma.tv but i would want a working version of cross epg on the latest open ATV.

Once that's done i'd most likely flash back.

Hope that makes sense.

Uninstall current version then try this one https://www.dropbox.com/s/hgfye3erh...templugins-crossepg_0.6.2_OE2-r2_all.ipk?dl=0

The issue is I couldn't get it to work it was going straight to DVB service without any errors someone suggested to do a an automatic scan then it should work but I never got round to trying it as I use epg importer for iptv aswell so I thought I might aswell use it for sat and have one less plugin installed.

Don't forget once you get it working you'll have to opkg hold via talnet so it doesn't update on software updates

Uninstall current version then try this one https://www.dropbox.com/s/hgfye3erh...templugins-crossepg_0.6.2_OE2-r2_all.ipk?dl=0

The issue is I couldn't get it to work it was going straight to DVB service without any errors someone suggested to do a an automatic scan then it should work but I never got round to trying it as I use epg importer for iptv aswell so I thought I might aswell use it for sat and have one less plugin installed.

Don't forget once you get it working you'll have to opkg hold via talnet so it doesn't update on software updates
I tried installing that it just wouldnt install on your build.

I did do a box update on your build after i set it all up and then installed it with 0 errors but when i went on the settings in epg cross epg weren't there so couldn't get it to work.

I also restarted the gui to see if it appears but no luck

Would be great if you could test it for me and post results as im back on the latest vix for now.

I dont want to go back to atv and find out im back at square one.

Im just wondering that cross epg may not be supported on 6.0 only 5.3 and someone said 6.1 is now released so would want to know exactly what atv version it works on

Please try it out or if you dont wana then hopefully someone else will help.

open atv 6.1

green button
green button to download plugins
system plugins

crossepg (0.8.2+gitr462) its there in plugins on mine but i dont use it

open atv 6.1

green button
green button to download plugins
system plugins

crossepg (0.8.2+gitr462) its there in plugins on mine but i dont use it
How did you get on 6.1?

Did you update from the box from 6.0 or download a backup from a site?

I have tested it on 6.0 and no luck.

Please can you try it for me and post results if it works or not?

Thanks.

hi, i'm trying to set up my mates box, but in the cross epg there is no Rytech Virgin. What do i need to do? Also not even getting fta channels

Edit, got everything running but epg is wrong

Last edited:
hi, i'm trying to set up my mates box, but in the cross epg there is no Rytech Virgin. What do i need to do? Also not even getting fta channels

Edit, got everything running but epg is wrong
strange i loaded it on mine and its there in crossepg-xmltv providers
rytec virgin uk / ireland xmltv

make sure you have green tick in box and save settings

also update rytec providers too

Im just flashing a fresh ATV 6.1 image and getting the same on crossepg 0.6.2 going straight to DVB service so im now doing an automatic scan then I will try again if it does the same im going to enable debug logs to see if it gives any clues although those logs confuse the :poop: out of me lol

strange i loaded it on mine and its there in crossepg-xmltv providers
rytec virgin uk / ireland xmltv

make sure you have green tick in box and save settings

also update rytec providers too

tried all that, still not there. EPG does seem to be working properly now, though

Ok after a manual scan on tuner A crossepg 0.6.2 works fine. My only issue is if I remove the lamedb file via script to remove all channel data then rerun ABM and try cross epg it does it again goes straight to DVB service so another manual scan is needed.

So my question is do I use crossepg on my next release? At the moment im not sure as I want to include a delete script in my backups so users can easily remove all channel data including IPTV.

Here is a debug log if someone can make sense of it.

Attachments

• Enigma2-debug-20170804_10-40-55.zip
    16.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Ok after a manual scan on tuner A crossepg 0.6.2 works fine. My only issue is if I remove the lamedb file via script to remove all channel data then rerun ABM and try cross epg it does it again goes straight to DVB service so another manual scan is needed.

So my question is do I use crossepg on my next release? At the moment im not sure as I want to include a delete script in my backups so users can easily remove all channel data including IPTV.

Here is a debug log if someone can make sense of it.
I would love Cross EPG in your next 6.1 backup as it's more stable in terms of the Sat EPG so would suggest you to use it please.

Back