F3S F5S 150519 Fixed bug: EPG xmltv download.

It's a few weeks now since the (summertime bug ) has returned I'm sure the top guys on here will let us know when a fit and proper fix is ready to get our openbox/f5s back to working in a good shape

It is a bit of a pain having all the programs out by an hour but at least we have something other than just now/next:yes!:

It is a bit of a pain having all the programs out by an hour but at least we have something other than just now/next:yes!:
Hi I agree I thought the 1 hour fix might have been sorted by now,it's so confusing trying to judge the next programs to come on in a few hours time,let's hope XMLTV get there finger out soon

Still awaiting the 1 hour fix for the skybox,check here with me next week for the latest news on this.:peace:

There is no news from box manufacturers reference the summertime fix--replies to e-mails have been evasive except one that stated more emphasis has been placed on the V series which are working ok and the stock of F series is being run down.
Technology is moving very fast and the older boxes seem to be getting phased out.
Skybox/Yojia are well aware of the problem so once again it's a case of patience and waiting.
Reaper.

Whats the problem when some channels have no epg info. On mine ITV and SKY movies premier have no info amongst a few others.
Thanks

Hi there, im a noobie but as i have a V5s i was going to have a go at updating to this fix. I updated my channel list recently and was ok to do.

Ive just done a backup incase it goes wrong. My image files on my usb look this this: test_write1.dvr / test_write2.dvr and TP_PROG.dbs

Which one is my image btw??

I also discovered my line is a newcamd.list file too, does this mean i have a "n line"?

Lastly and relating to this thread, does any of the above mean i wont be able to update to this fix if i give it a go?

Thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions ;)

Hi there, im a noobie but as i have a V5s i was going to have a go at updating to this fix. I updated my channel list recently and was ok to do.

Ive just done a backup incase it goes wrong. My image files on my usb look this this: test_write1.dvr / test_write2.dvr and TP_PROG.dbs

Which one is my image btw??

I also discovered my line is a newcamd.list file too, does this mean i have a "n line"?

Lastly and relating to this thread, does any of the above mean i wont be able to update to this fix if i give it a go?

Thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions ;)

None of those are a backup of your image. The first 2 are test folders for recordings. The 3rd is your channel list (TP_PROG.dbs). Are you sure that you dumped your whole image & not just a channel list. Your image should be a .abs file.

Yep. You have an N line. Do you already have a copy of this somewhere? If not, you have the option in the menu to dump a copy of this onto your USB stick.

Once you have done this you can go ahead & install the new image. If you select "keeping settings" before installing, then your old settings should still be intact on the new firmware.

Keep in mind that the 1 hour "summer time bug" has resurfaced in this update though. Hopefully new firmware will be out soon.

Last edited:
hi Guys

A Total newbie on ere. Can you tell me what to do with the download? do I copy this onto a pen then insert into my F5s, then update from USB?

Hi fellas, right ive done the update and its worked!! I must admit my heart was racing doing it just incase it went wrong ;)

All good though, the only problem i seemed to have was when i ran the update on the EPG the "write back to disk" part took over 25mins??

I never used to take that long, now it that what it should do or is it my usb stick? Also i have a small external formatted to FAT32, can i use that insead of the the USB stick as it will prob be faster and i can recored more onto it.

I understand i have to leave the USB in now all the time but can i swap it over to the external hard drive now or am i stuck with the USB?

Thanks in advance.

Ricky

Firmware f5s update elpg working.jpgjst downloaded xmltv epg update and time showing ok on an f5s box

Attachments

• F5s firmware fixjpg.jpg
    F5s firmware fixjpg.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 32
Back