F3S F5S 150519 Fixed bug: EPG xmltv download.

Any body having problems with EPG again, mine is back to the same way as before :( decompression fail. I did everything as was said in this thread and was working fine for the last few weeks.
Cheers

Any body having problems with EPG again, mine is back to the same way as before :( decompression fail. I did everything as was said in this thread and was working fine for the last few weeks.
Cheers

Got the same issue :-(

this is working for me, however, alot of channels come up with no information, is there something im doing wrong?

Format usb key to fat32---unzip file and add to key then put key into box and upgade as image file.
Reformat key--back into box---go to XMLTV app and away you go.
Simples.
Reaper.

when I click to upload the latest firmware from skybox.cc it uploads the firmware as a .rar file so I cant unzip it?? Please help. cheers.

v5s here working! also i know you said this key must stay in the box, but can we still remove it to put the new channel lists on as they appear, place back in and update as per usual?

@sneaky

when I click to upload the latest firmware from skybox.cc it uploads the firmware as a .rar file so I cant unzip it?? Please help. cheers.

Download a free copy of WINRAR.
Reaper.

@marc080

Buy 2 usb keys because if you load onto your present as well as epg it can and will give you nightmares.
Reaper.

hi can any body help me ive downloaded the file format the usb to fat32 but when i put it in the box cant update as a image file as thed box cant see the file
do i have to rename the file that i downloaded

Some keys don't play well with the boxes.
Ensure that you format the key first to FAT32---then add the file [a .abs image file]
Reaper.

This firmware is not for F3/F5

Last edited:
This is great thank you reaper, worked first time and now have a full channel guide with program description to. Remember guys you need to go to tv settings and change the epg from satelite to xmltv.

I have a f5s box and the gift is up.. but it wasn't great anyways!Always off!!! should I get a new one? If so , who off? got the last off ebay. or is there a way of updating the gift my self? Cheers all!! I know nowt about computers!! ahhh

---------- Post Merged at 04:30 PM ----------

hi reaper,, your the man on here it would seem!!? :) im bad at all this stuff! had a box f5s but the gift has run out. Whats the best thing to do now?? buy new? update? Please point me in the right direction!! Thanks butty! Taffy

Back