Failed to tune ABM

Have you tried update providers in ABM? What error are you getting also have a look here http://www.techkings.org/threads/failed-to-tune-abm.144448/page-4#post-913217

OK i've read this and downloaded the xml file from the location in enigma2 box
i've checked the Virgin newbies channel and got the info, 256 qam and the 6952 frequency...AB says edit the xml file and away you go, what am i supposed to edit?
the wearside freq is already set at 6952, does the:
Wearside</configuration><configuration modulation="3" system="0" symbol_rate="6952000" frequency="666750" bouquettype="hd" netid="41055" key="hd_41055_dvbc_uk">41055

''3'' need changing to ''5''?

if you do a manual or automatic scan sre you getting channels?
Yes, sorry i missed this, got all channels, 600 of 'em in one list, abm won't run
I've got the xml file and am about to edit it and send it back tomorrow, then scan in abm again

OK i've read this and downloaded the xml file from the location in enigma2 box
i've checked the Virgin newbies channel and got the info, 256 qam and the 6952 frequency...AB says edit the xml file and away you go, what am i supposed to edit?
the wearside freq is already set at 6952, does the:
Wearside</configuration><configuration modulation="3" system="0" symbol_rate="6952000" frequency="666750" bouquettype="hd" netid="41055" key="hd_41055_dvbc_uk">41055

''3'' need changing to ''5''?
It says

Qam 256 = Modulation 5
so try changing 3 to 5 as you said then try ABM scan

ok will do, do i need to send anything to github?
No you don't have to but if ABM scan works then you can create a pull request to add to ABM github, or upload the file here and Abu Baniaz will update it or I'll create a pull request for it so others can update via update config/providers.

ok cheers fella, will try it tomorow when my mate gets home from work
fingers crossed :emoji_fingers_crossed: :emoji_fingers_crossed: :emoji_fingers_crossed:

@pabloescaban the editing of .xml explained by Abu Baniaz in:
http://www.techkings.org/threads/failed-to-tune-abm.144448/page-4#post-913217
relates to a change VM were implementing area by area, can anyone confirm IF Wearside or Norwich have undergone these changes? IF so then others in those areas will also be having the same issue & following the link posted above should correct the problem however if access to the box isn't possible simply wait a few days until ABM gets updated then perform a providers update within the ABM menu.
IF these areas have not suffered the VM tweeks the tuning problems lies elsewhere, if ABM scans & finds channels on a manual scan then the tuner is functioning properly which suggests a setup error somewhere in the tuner config

I updated provider files several times, even uninstalled ABM3.1 and reinstalled, each time I update provider files and it still wouldn't scan.
I DL the XML file yesterday and it looks like it needs editing, which I have done but can't try it until later when i upload it back to the box and try a scan in ABM
if it works I'll create a pull request as mentioned above by @dsayers2014
Wearside has netid 41054
Norwich has netid 41055

Please edit the correct line

yes that was my mistake, this is the line in question from the .xml file:
<configuration modulation="3" system="0" symbol_rate="6952000" frequency="666750" bouquettype="hd" netid="41054" key="hd_41054_dvbc_uk">41054 Wearside</configuration>

If the issue is as a result of VM tweeks in the area editing the xml is correct and an ABM update will follow shortly but IF there has been no VM fiddling then its a waist of time.

Last edited:
Updating provider files (within ABM) gets the latest one from Github. (Which has been updated with the details you supplied). This is the simplest option. Also means no need to delete providers.cache

Updating provider files (within ABM) gets the latest one from Github. (Which has been updated with the details you supplied). This is the simplest option. Also means no need to delete providers.cache

Thanks but I've not tried it yet, was going to try it when he gets home later and let you know...hope it's not a big hassle to change it back if i'm wrong

hi
i just bought a new zgemma h7c , abm wont find anything apart from satellite . vm region is Carlisle 41003 , i know the cables are ok as i plugged my old box back in and i can view channels .
have tried ftp new xml file and deleting cache but still nothing . any ideas ?

Think there’s a move on, that’s 3 different net id’s in the last hour who can’t read data from abm after updating config files and scanning

Back