GrogBuild Grogbuild FreeRange for all enigma2 boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update to installation option 1 today, changed the code used to run the setup slightly although the old code still works, and added an addition question asking you are asked if you are in the UK or Ireland (if Ireland then Virgin IE and/or Sky IE are set up instead of UK).

I've not been able to test the Irish side fully but there is no reason why it won't work.

that's an issue between your computer and your box, is it prompting you to log in or does it not even do that?

what have you got on the box at the moment?

Hi Grog
my box is currently working but with audio problem and quite a few channels not working. would I be able to flash with your build just over the top of existing. here is the info about my box

model zgemma h.2s
chipset bcm7362
cpu bcm7362ao
cpu speed 751.5mhz
cores 2
version 5.1
build 0
image type release
skin name vix-night-hd
drivers 2015-10-31
kernel 4.0.1
gstreamer 1.7.1 (git)
python 2.7.9
installed 2015-12-02
last update 2016-02-22
THANX IN ADVANCE.

Hi Grog
my box is currently working but with audio problem and quite a few channels not working. would I be able to flash with your build just over the top of existing. here is the info about my box

model zgemma h.2s
chipset bcm7362
cpu bcm7362ao
cpu speed 751.5mhz
cores 2
version 5.1
build 0
image type release
skin name vix-night-hd
drivers 2015-10-31
kernel 4.0.1
gstreamer 1.7.1 (git)
python 2.7.9
installed 2015-12-02
last update 2016-02-22
THANX IN ADVANCE.
decided to give it a try and got error.....fla.sh: line 134: syntax error: bad substitution.

decided to give it a try and got error.....fla.sh: line 134: syntax error: bad substitution.

Did you flash openatv6.2 first as the instructions say?
when you open terminal in webif and paste the command line it, is his the error message you got straight away or did it start installing first?

Did you flash openatv6.2 first as the instructions say?
when you open terminal in webif and paste the command line it, is his the error message you got straight away or did it start installing first?
No didn't get the error straight away. it looked like it was trying to download the required information first then got the error as last entry. and no I didn't download anything first off just tried to do it whilst the box was on. Not too clever round this as aint done a cable box before but done plenty of sat dreamboxes

No didn't get the error straight away. it looked like it was trying to download the required information first then got the error as last entry. and no I didn't download anything first off just tried to do it whilst the box was on. Not too clever round this as aint done a cable box before but done plenty of sat dreamboxes
I didn't open terminal in webif either I downloaded putty and did it with that

I didn't open terminal in webif either I downloaded putty and did it with that

ok you said earlier you were flashing a H2s, is this part correct? - h2s is a satellite only box.
if you want to use grogbuild freerange, you flash openatv6.2 first, as per the freerange instructions, if you've picked the incorrect image for the box, it won't work

ok you said earlier you were flashing a H2s, is this part correct? - h2s is a satellite only box.
if you want to use grogbuild freerange, you flash openatv6.2 first, as per the freerange instructions, if you've picked the incorrect image for the box, it won't work
Well it is definitely a cable box, I put the details above.
So it is neccassary to do a fresh install (flash) of openatv6.2 before trying to put freerange on.
Think I will have to return to this tomorrow as it is a little more complicated than I first thought. Is there a guide to flash openatv6.2 available. I mean a guide to do it from scratch.

yes, if you follow the grogbuild freerange instructions carefully, it explains exactly what to do.
The first thing you need to do before that is examine the box as H2s is satellite, it could be H2, H2h or some other cable model but you need to find out before you begin as flashing the incorrect image will be a headache

Brand: Zgemma
Model: H.2S
Chipset: bcm7362
Frontprocessor Version: None
Total Memory: 313224 kB
Free Memory: 203424 kB
Box Uptime: 0:57
Software
System OE: OE-Alliance 3.2
Distro: openatv
Firmware version: 5.1.0
Driver date: 20151031
Kernel version: 4.0.1
Gui version: 2016-02-22
Tuners
Tuner A: BCM7346 (internal) (DVB-S2)
Tuner B: ATBM7811 (DVB-C)

I am currently using tuner b maybe someone has added the cable tuner to a sat box.

If using option 1 then there is no need to flash first. it flashes for you once answered all the questions.
I'm assuming you are using option 1, was the error before you answered any questions? I've just tested it on my H52tc and it didn't get any errors. What have you got on your box at the moment? if you press Menu ->Information -> About it tells you the base image OpenATV at the top and then further down it should show the version number, it shouldn't make a difference as I am just using standard commands but I can check if there have been any major changes between versions.

It doesn't really matter which box you have as far as the option 1 script goes as it gets that information from the box as well as what tuners you have, so if it detects cable tuner then it will ask for your netid, if it detects sat tuners it will ask you what region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back