Guide How to set up a Blade Media BM5000s

i have done everything on tutorial and i am still having trouble i cannot seem to get any channels working it just still says scrambled service :(

---------- Post Merged at 11:56 AM ----------

i have done everything on tutorial and i am still having trouble i cannot seem to get any channels working it just still says scrambled service :(

I entered the line manually but its still not working. Any ideas why?

---------- Post Merged at 10:32 PM ----------

Same as pollydoll.

how is your box connected to the internet, wifi or fixed?

check the network settings on the box

I used usb method and uploaded file to box it's much better that way and easier so you don't have to keep inputting the line manually after every firmware update

---------- Post Merged at 11:56 AM ----------

have you sorted out a payserver.!! that's the only way you can get scrambled channels unlocked.

Hi Is this still the best way to setup the blade 5000s box, I am new to this, any info would be great!!

---------- Post Merged at 05:43 PM ----------

Can anybody tell me how I can download the firmware? I keep getting NOT ALLOWED!! HELP

*WARNING* DO NOT USE THE SOFTWARE IN THE LINKS ON THE FIRST PAGE FOR UPGRADING YOUR FIRMWARE!! Have to say i'm extremely dissappointed with members and admin for this. The links are outdated and will boot loop your machine. There has been newer firmware updates and instead of updating the main page with the new links and making it so easier for everyone to do they have posted them throughout various posts which aren't worth a f**k to people when they are reading the guide on how to do it. The first mention of this during the guide is on page 9, post 172 :damn:Posting this so other people don't make the same mistake as the few who have already done and have to now send the machine back to be replaced wasting time, effort and money.

Last edited:
hello all, im new swell and struggling to set my box up, i have my line details but cant get the 9991 page up to insert them

press 'Menu' on the remote then press 9991 then the next screen you input the details but a quicker and better way to save em on usb look in the tutorial as to how as this is way is easier so you won't have to keep inputting the line after every firmware update

i tried to do that first and it kept saying invalid channel so i dowloaded the firmware from this site updated the box and now the box keeps rebooting

---------- Post Merged at 08:12 PM ----------

*WARNING* DO NOT USE THE SOFTWARE IN THE LINKS ON THE FIRST PAGE FOR UPGRADING YOUR FIRMWARE!! Have to say i'm extremely dissappointed with members and admin for this. The links are outdated and will boot loop your machine. There has been newer firmware updates and instead of updating the main page with the new links and making it so easier for everyone to do they have posted them throughout various posts which aren't worth a f**k to people when they are reading the guide on how to do it. The first mention of this during the guide is on page 9, post 172 :damn:Posting this so other people don't make the same mistake as the few who have already done and have to now send the machine back to be replaced wasting time, effort and money.

how do you stop it from the boot loop as i seem to have made that mistake

Dude i wish i knew, i'm hoping some kind soul has a noobs guide figured out to get us out of this mess. The problem is, judging by the dates on the other thread for the boot loop problem that this is a very recent issue so at the minute i see 3 options. 1) send it back and get another one, 2) get a R232 cable and hope to fix it this way or 3) hang tight and hope someone fixes it.

I know, the worst about it is that it seems so simple to set up if we were using the proper files. I genuinely think that we have tried to put an older fw on it than the one on the box and fecked it up. Stupidly should have checked the fw on the box before starting.

I've just been sent the new firmware that works, just let me test it and if it is ok, i will put it in the firmware section (with a mods help) iv been told the problem is only with the newer boxes that have a newer chip. I am only reporting what i have been told, let me check to see if it works and i will let everyone know.

Back