Guide How to set up a Blade Media BM5000s

"but has to be GMT for the EPG to show the current programme."

what you mean by this?? ive switched my GMT off because what happens is when i press 'info' on my remote on a chanel the time will be right but when I press the middle 'ok' button and the fave list appears that menu the time is an hour ahead always so it messes my epg up so i switch it off but every now n then I put it on for a min as the time lags behind a few mins daily.

Sorry, I should have explained that I am two hours ahead of UK time, so if the time is not set on UK time, then I cannot see the current programme on the EPG. Sometimes when a box is re-booted it defaults to 01.01.2010 (I think). So until the time is correct, the EPG will not work at all.

Dear Roger,

For BM5000s, please ensure you are using firmware dated September 2014 along with our channel lists from Blade Online. This is because the satellite provider changed the structure of their data stream in September and we updated our firmware accordingly. You will need a USB storage device plugged in to box, and then press EPG button and red button.

Kind regards,

Blade Media.

At last, a definitive answer to this problem!

---------- Post Merged at 04:21 PM ----------

The Sept 2014 firmware is on the Blade site here

http://www.blademedia.tv/bm5000ssupport.html

Is this a patched version, or can someone point me in the right direction?

Hi just got one of these and managed to set it up with your guide.
Thanks.

I have 2 lines from different suppliers one C the other an N
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to use the 2 Lines with this box, One a C and the other an N. I have entered both and both are there but I'm wondering if only one can connect. Or if this can cause problems.

Thanks

Thanks.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to use the 2 Lines with this box, One a C and the other an N. I have entered both and both are there but I'm wondering if only one can connect. Or if this can cause problems.

Thanks

If they're both showing as green then both are conencted. Unless you're getting glitching I would assume the box is working both at the same time and it will use whichever is working best

Thanks for your reply. Yes I was just wondering if it was ok to run one from CCcam and the other from Newcamd. Only one is connecting (newcamd) but there may be a problem with the CCcam line, That's why I am asking if it should work. If it should work then I can do something about getting the other working.
Thanks

Thanks.

Thanks

If they're both showing as green then both are conencted. Unless you're getting glitching I would assume the box is working both at the same time and it will use whichever is working best

Thanks for your reply. Yes I was just wondering if it was ok to run one from CCcam and the other from Newcamd. Only one is connecting (newcamd) but there may be a problem with the CCcam line, That's why I am asking if it should work. If it should work then I can do something about getting the other working.
Thanks

Thanks.

Thanks

I'm not sure. try disabling the n line and see if the c line starts working

Does anyone know why the price of the box seems to have more than doubled in the space of a year? I remember purchasing mine for around £80 and I just looked on Ebay and the current going price is £180!!!

Does anyone know why the price of the box seems to have more than doubled in the space of a year? I remember purchasing mine for around £80 and I just looked on Ebay and the current going price is £180!!!

Is thie one you looked at including a "gift" Also there is a new box out the 5000.

Is thie one you looked at including a "gift" Also there is a new box out the 5000.

No this is for the box only. Ive since seen it from a different seller for £120 which is still £40 more than I paid for mine. just found it odd how much the price has increased.

That's very strange that the price has gone up by at least 50%.
I referred a friend of mines to ebay for a £79.99 box but obviously they no longer exist at this price!
I can only assume its due to the product being discontinued but still sought after.
Might punt my own and get a duo tuner!!

hmm what's the difference between the 5000 and 5000s??? im getting confused you can still pick em up for £80

Back