Guinea Pigs Needed

great job. clean install and built within 80 mins all ok and running well inc new skin,brilliant. quick question what port do you set on phone for enigma sat/finder?

Leave it as default 80

---------- Post Merged at 06:28 PM ----------

Was anything missing? Its difficult for me know as i can do it blind folded now so just go on autopilot

had no probs at all only bug was having to switch backwards and forwards between hdmi and vga on tv monitor. great guide and very easy to follow, will have another go with phone tomorrow as have 1.9 mtre dish here in spain and few freq's are down or very low on quality. thanks again,i am getting h2s next week so will have play with that as well.

I found the phones apps very useful for aligning my dish. I just pushed on each side of my dish first with out unscrewing any bolts. If it slightly improved I knew I was going in the right direction. wait a couple of seconds for your phone to respond though.

---------- Post Merged at 10:32 PM ----------

I completely put up my dish myself, I had some initial teething problems put with the help of the apps all my signal strengths now are very very strong.

got the phone app working, it's better than my combolook satellite tuning box. question, is there any way to change the transponder listings within the bouquets as in spain we have very low or no signal on the lists provided but alternative feeds are very strong ie, alibi watch universal dave etc etc

user guide

Just ordered a ZGEMMA H2S & thought I'd look for user guides as being a total Noob!! Had a look through & this looks like it would be so useful to a first timer like myself. Just like to say thank you for your hard work & I'll let you know how I get on once the box arrives.
Cheers,
Darren.

** file edited 03/01/2016 **

new post now here
http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/84949-bare-bones-openatv-new-setup-guide.html

I have spent the last few hours writing up, how to set up a Zgemma 2s from scratch using the latest openatv files. This means setting up everything without having to use a backup image.
This setup is a bare bones clean setup. No Kodi, no tspanel, no media portal, no picons etc etc. Basically no crap just essentials.

I need some willing victims who are prepared to go through my tutorial before I set it live on this forum. I need both experts and especially noobs.
It is hopefully worded so even first timers should be able to follow it.

It will probably take you about 1.5 hours first time around. about 40 mins if you know what you are doing

What's included.

Setting up your zgemma
Backup your line
Using filezilla
Downloading latest firmware
Formatting USB
Flashing new firmware
Setting up your new build
Setting up your external usb/hdd
Plugins
Scanning for Channels
Auto Bouquets Maker
Manual Scan
Setting up EPG
Installing your Line
Skins
How to do a Software Update
Picons
Image Backup
Troubleshooting

I would like you to go through my tutorial step by step and see if everything is in there and that everything works.

Disclaimer... this is a work in progress document. There well may be errors. Although I have just gone through this exact step to re-set up my box.

If you have the time the document is here in user guides.

New guide updated 03/01/2016
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cw5n82kejzl2rf1/AAASD5kQxwKBXNF3lWjxiZdoa?dl=0

Please give me your feedback so I can amend it before posting it properly on these forums.

Have fun.

Hi Guys,

Is there an updated link to the download of the guide, as the dropbox link on the OPs post doesn't seem to work anymore as of 23/09/16?

Thanks

bare bones guide in the stickies at the top is the new one.

(link also updated)

Last edited:
kiddac not sure if you are aware of this but there was a bug that meant the tuner B displayed a black screen and if you said yes to discqe it rectifies the issue - can you clarify if possible.

very old bug that on openatv 4.1 - I don't think that bug is around anymore. Setting diseqc to yes does absolutely no harm though.

This worked a treat, I was about to throw the box away prior to seeing this post, the only thing I did wrong was not back my line up, in fairness only had 1 month sub left and I want planning on renewing, can I still get IPTV without a line?

Back