Help adding new line :)

micky22

Hi all

New to all this so please bare with my noobness lol :) so iv installed a new image on my box (thanks mtpockets) and followed his instructions upto adding a new line, so iv got myself a test line ready to go and guessing by it starting with N: its an nline (correct me if Im wrong :) ), so I would very much appreciate if someone can help me out setting it up? Any guides about the forum :) Im tech minded so pretty confident :)

Thanks in advanced :)

ftp to box and delete

CCcam.cfg from \etc

and startcam.sh

Menu, TSpanel, Softcams, Install (blue button), mgcamd 1.38.

REBOOT box

Copy your line details into newcamd.list (in \var\keys)

REBOOT box

Go to TSpanel, Softcams, And start mgcamd 1.38

Hopefully all should be ok....... must add I don't use an nline and others have struggled with my image doing so. ~If you can try and let me know I'd be grateful. Don't forget you don't include the "N" in your line, just the server and password details.

Last edited:
:) thanks for the reply mate but like I say im new to all this so all that dosnt make alot of sense to me :) dont worry i wont be this noobish long, I tend to pick up this sort of thing pretty quickly :) thanks though its much appreciated :/

EDIT:Yeah sure I dont mind giving you feedback on how it works out :)

Last edited:
sorry micky22 - I take it you have your box connected to the internet?

ftp (file transfer protocol) is just a way of moving files on a network. If you install filezilla on your pc and enter the ip address of your box (which you can find by pressing MENU, then information, then network) you'll be able to connect to the box from your computer. Then it works just like "My Computer" and you can browse the files and folders on your box. Just delete the files off your box from in filezilla in the paths given above.

Going to TSpanel and installing mgcamd will add the softcam for the Nline.

Edit the newcamd.list file in notepad - this is the file you'll add your line details to and save it back to the box.

The next time you go to TSpanel is to start the softcam - you only need to do this the once as it will happen automatically thereafter.

yes, i believe your newcamd.list file should look like this........

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
CWS = server port\A0username password\A001 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Yes my box is all connected up to the net and your image loaded and watching itv HD as we speak, yeah I familiar with FTP and how it works (already have filezilla installed for my server :) ) now got my IP and think I can follow your instructions mate, appreciate your help and sorry for being a pain :) will let you know how I get on :)

Is there a default user and password to access my box via filezilla?

if you stuck mate and you have teamviewr ill take a look mate as long as your ftp program is connected to the box

trying to help mate
if cam is running and installed correct
the line should work

---------- Post Merged at 08:24 PM ----------

can i ask what image you are on

ftp to box and delete

CCcam.cfg from \etc

and startcam.sh

REBOOT box

REBOOT box

Hopefully all should be ok....... must add I don't use an nline and others have struggled with my image doing so. ~If you can try and let me know I'd be grateful. Don't forget you don't include the "N" in your line, just the server and password details.
Ok mate so am in the box via filezilla iv deleted CCcam.config and satartcam.sh from the folders you said, installed mgcamd and rebooted box now iv entered var/keys and there isnt a newcamd.list in there do I have to create one and add it if so how?

Thanks again guys :)

trying to help mate
if cam is running and installed correct
the line should work

---------- Post Merged at 08:24 PM ----------

can i ask what image you are on

Yeah openatv by MTpockets

---------- Post Merged at 10:50 PM ----------

ftp to box and delete

CCcam.cfg from \etc

and startcam.sh

REBOOT box

REBOOT box

Ok got as far as adding details into newcamd.list, iv gone to the location \var\keys but now newcamd.list isnt there, do i have to create one and transfer it over? if so how do i do that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Scratch that am up and running guys :) thanks much appreciated ....

One problem the tv guide dosnt show whats on, only the free to air channels show now and next, but channels still working fine, I would also like to setup my record, any guides about the forum you can direct me to?

The tv guide will fully update overnight and then all will be populated tomorrow :-) Glad you got your n-line sorted....phew!!
From the plugins menu install autotimer (this is the closest you will get to series link on these boxes).

The tv guide will fully update overnight and then all will be populated tomorrow :-) Glad you got your n-line sorted....phew!!
From the plugins menu install autotimer (this is the closest you will get to series link on these boxes).

Thanks for putting up with my thickness haha ill get there though ;)

What is auto timer and I have lookied in menu/plugin and cant find anything that says autotimer :)

with record do I just add a external hdd and thats it? I have a laptop drive that use for films etc that Im gonna use with it, is it plug and play?

Thanks again :)

EDIT:

Is there a way to hide adult stuff? wouldnt want the kids seing any of it :)

Last edited:
Sorry m8, you need to install it - Menu, Plugins, Green button, then its in the Extensions group.

Your HDD should just plug and play based on feedback from others (only connect when box is powered off), If not press Blue button, Mounts, Device Manager and setup mounts.

You may need to change the recording path too....
Menu, Settings, System,Extended System, Recording Settings
(it's the first entry Default Movie Location)

Last edited:
Back