Help adding new line :)

Morning mate ended up re-flashing my box lol no biggy though only took me 20 mins :)

Looked for the auto timer in the location you said but cant find it anywhere :/

Also for my external hard drive am I better off using one with its own power source, cant seem to get the box to pick it up :/

Autotimer ..... mmm had i already installed it??? Been a long time since I did the build mate (to check go plugins, Red (remove) , then extensions group - if it's there it's installed so just cancel out and use from the planner/epg

as far as HDD if it needs more than 500mA the box won't have enough power for it (see below usb port in piccy).

HTB1XuZEGVXXXXa9XFXXq6xXFXXXr.jpg
But it might just be that it's formatted as a file system the box doesn't recognise. Check it's detected in mounts first (BLUE, mounts, device manager) if it sees the drive you may need to format it (make sure you've backed up as this will wipe it). To format BLUE, hard disk, initialisation and select your drive. Once complete convert ext3 to ext4 (same menu)

this is what shows in softcams does it look corect and should ccamd still me there2015-03-13_10.51.57[1].jpg

---------- Post Merged at 11:01 AM ----------

would a server be able to tell if im using twin tuner becouse when i asked him if i could use 1 line for 2 boxs he said no

Yes auto timer is installed :grin:

Ok I have 5 hard drive lying about and they are all 5v 0.55a

If i move my usb drive to the front for my external to go in the back, do I need to change anything, also iv already removed the usb and now my now and next in the guide has gone and I have, only there for FTA channels, is this because I removed the usb pen? what exactly is stored on the USB pen and why does it need to be left in? just would like to get a better understanding of how it works, that way ill be able to fix myelf in future :)

most sellers seem to ok about two devices on the same ip if your provider won't let you I'd just go elsewhere. I take it you're aware the epg doesn't seem to like twin tuners on the openatv build

dsayers2014 - it looks as though you have it running mate. If you use your line on two boxes at the same time you'll be banned by your provider. A dual tuner box only has one IP address though so will be fine. Have you rebooted? Did you delete the files mentioned earlier in the thread?

If i move my usb drive to the front for my external to go in the back, do I need to change anything, also iv already removed the usb and now my now and next in the guide has gone and I have, only there for FTA channels, is this because I removed the usb pen? what exactly is stored on the USB pen and why does it need to be left in? just would like to get a better understanding of how it works, that way ill be able to fix myelf in future

Have you checked they're mounted? Make sure the USB stick is still mounted as USB and not HDD. Have you moved storage location for recordings?

The fact your epg data is missing indicates crossepg is looking in the wrong place (ie also needs pointing to your usb)

dsayers2014 - it looks as though you have it running mate. If you use your line on two boxes at the same time you'll be banned by your provider. A dual tuner box only has one IP address though so will be fine. Have you rebooted? Did you delete the files mentioned earlier in the thread?

yes iv deleted files but still cant get them to clear just done a rescann and ota update just incase but still no joy iv also tried my skybox with this of and its fine :(

Until ur up and running I would use one usb device. Either usbor hdd.
remove the cccam 2.3 and 2.13.
Make sure u have no CCcam.cfg in /etc folder.
Download the mg_cfg and newcamd.list again from wherever or use the two in here. Confirmed working
mgcamd 1.35a AND cccam 2.1.3 - Downloads - TechKings
put ur 4 details (address, port, user, pass) in the newcamd.list ONLY REPLACING THE ************* part.
send this and mg_cfg to /usr/keys on box.
reboot.

i dont know what els to do my head just keeps getting fried iv been tring this since i got home at halve seven after doing a 12 hour shift

---------- Post Merged at 12:04 PM ----------

Until ur up and running I would use one usb device. Either usbor hdd.
remove the cccam 2.3 and 2.13.
Make sure u have no CCcam.cfg in /etc folder.
Download the mg_cfg and newcamd.list again from wherever or use the two in here. Confirmed working
mgcamd 1.35a AND cccam 2.1.3 - Downloads - TechKings
put ur 4 details (address, port, user, pass) in the newcamd.list ONLY REPLACING THE ************* part.
send this and mg_cfg to /usr/keys on box.
reboot.

im using openatv

If i move my usb drive to the front for my external to go in the back, do I need to change anything, also iv already removed the usb and now my now and next in the guide has gone and I have, only there for FTA channels, is this because I removed the usb pen? what exactly is stored on the USB pen and why does it need to be left in? just would like to get a better understanding of how it works, that way ill be able to fix myelf in future

Have you checked they're mounted? Make sure the USB stick is still mounted as USB and not HDD. Have you moved storage location for recordings?

The fact your epg data is missing indicates crossepg is looking in the wrong place (ie also needs pointing to your usb)

lol what i did was move the usb from the back to the front and tried to get my HDD setup in the back ( would rather it that way as I have a 2 year old daughter say no more lol ) so I couldnt get my HDD recognised as I said before, so I powered down box and changed them back, then it was kicking up an error and I corrupted my usb stick, so iv had to reformat it and reload it, so Im guessing ill have to wait again for the epg to update overnight...

I have a feeling most of these HDDs are faulty ( I fix computers ) so I plan on buying a new caddy (skint till next week now) and using a 500gb drive I pulled from a sky box that I know works 100%, so ill buy the caddy next week and pester you about recording then lol I have a spare 120gb ssd but dont want to waste it on the box and imo 500gb is minimum size for recording :)

ill try it ur way just reflashing box again how do i remove ccam and upload mgcmad 13.a because in ts media therse 2 so i want to make sure i get same 1. mtpockets says put mgcamdlist in var/kes and you saide usr/keys

Same folder just different paths to it I think but he knows atv better so use var/keys.
all im saying to use are the mg_cfg and newcamd.list posted together.
if ur still stuck after all that the vix I posted weds is easy to set line into and crossepg works perfectly. Just when ur patience wears thin ;)

Same folder just different paths to it I think but he knows atv better so use var/keys.
all im saying to use are the mg_cfg and newcamd.list posted together.
if ur still stuck after all that the vix I posted weds is easy to set line into and crossepg works perfectly. Just when ur patience wears thin ;)

Legend gave up on open atv after too much messing about for 5 hours loaded your image and within 5 minuets set up mgcamd :butkiss:

---------- Post Merged at 02:29 PM ----------

do i need to set hdd or is that oredy done in your settings

U need to
initialise the usb.
set up swapfile 256mb.
then when u reboot everything SHOULD be pointed on correct paths but look just in case. I use same usb for everything. If u reboot with 2 usbs in paths can change so id say dont.

Last edited:
Back