How to set up?

shortyalcorn , I started with same box but find this to be fairly easy but plenty of reading up and asking for advice off this site does make it easier. if your familiar with FTP then you will be fine but if not then there are people on here will help you .

Thanks for all the great info. I too saw the boxes on e bay where openvix is pre installed retailing at around £20 extra than a box with out it. From what I understand though is just a simple case of downloading openvix off the downloads section and putting it into the back of your box. Then boot up your box and it installs itself.

If so not sure why people are charging an extra £20 for doing that.

champion9 You are correct in that , Just download let it install then customize for your region and away you go ,

Hmmm it's arrived and I have zgemma folder on usb in back but it's loaded up first time with OpenSat or whatever it is, how do I load Sucmnsee file now?

Hmmm it's arrived and I have zgemma folder on usb in back but it's loaded up first time with OpenSat or whatever it is, how do I load Sucmnsee file now?

Ok. zgemma folder from where? Uv extracted folder from rar file yeh?
if it still wont work its the usb. Try different or download hddguru free low level format tool.
FULL format the usb with it.
FULL format with windows.
try flash again

---------- Post Merged at 04:04 PM ----------

Good job

---------- Post Merged at 04:07 PM ----------

My issue was with the Usb, sorted now.. Just need to find the link to add the CCcam.cfg file [emoji106]

Its in the thread ur in ;)

Google dreambox control centre.
download to pc and install.
open it.
middle right of screen click search
new window click search
wait untill u c ur box ip address is found
dbl click the ip address of box
window disappears
click reconnect
should say telnet, ftp, enigma 2 connected
bottom left click ftp
opens window.
left pane is box
right pane is pc.
find ur CCcam.cfg in right panel wherever on ur pc.
dbl click etc folder in left pane
single click ur CCcam.cfg in right pane
click arrow in middle pointing left
yes to replace

The rest depends on what box software image u want to run. But loads of people here to help

Haha, wood for trees! On first attempt it had 500 odd channels but said tune failed? Just doing it again with wales set as my location HTV Wales :)

Still showing as tune failed!

I have the usually Sky+ cables, 1 in loop and the other in LNB in, why won't it sort the channels? Or is it cos I haven't added my CCcam yet

best keep discussion on here dude. Pm too slow.

Think we should recap.
first which image u on. Whered u get it?
second is ur gift. Is it a CCcam.cfg or newcamd.list.Does the txt in it start with a N or a C?
when u press menu/setup/softcam/softcam manager what do u see?

Its your Open Vix from the download I am using. I am about to flash my box again - its an Newcamd.line file i am using which begins N, as per PM.

I will update you once i have re flashed.

---------- Post Merged at 08:20 PM ----------

Code:
CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
CWS = 192.168.1.1 20000 dummy dummy 10 02 13 04 15 06 17 08 01 10 11 12 13 14 lan server1 
CWS_MULTIPLE = 192.168.1.2 20000:20005 dummy dummy 10 02 13 04 15 06 17 08 01 10 11 12 13 14 lan server2 
CWS = WEBADDRESS PORT USERNAME PASSWORD 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 server 1

This is my Newcamd.line file, I have tested it on a skybox and works fine.

Ok. Put that in /usr/keys folder on box. Make sure the mg_cfg is in there too. Reboot and that should be you

Both images available here are very good but I certainly prefer the one you refer to, try them both and see what you think - not hard to change over.

Back