1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

irish channels

Discussion in 'Zgemma-star 2S' started by tkeogh, May 10, 2017.

1. tkeogh

tkeogh Member

hi i live in ireland and have a zgemma star 2 s working. is there anyway that if u are just using the box to watch fta channels and want to know if its possible to get the irish channels ( rte1, rte2 etc) on fta?

2. smalltom123

smalltom123 Member

Hi mate it is possible but you will have to get a USB tuner and install appropriate drivers to get it up and running. eBay or amazon be your best bet

3. tkeogh

tkeogh Member

is there any guide on how to do this or is it simply enough once you have the usb tuner got?

4. Sir Osis

Sir Osis Member

I'm interested in this too.
    Is it through the existing sat connection or a Uhf antenna?

5. mike142

mike142 Member

You need an 80cm solid dish (not mesh), pointed at 9E, with an Inverto KA-Band LNB on it, - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Inverto-T...564181?hash=item3cc98dff95:g:4CwAAOSwoydWoWFi
    Any satellite receiver that is HD DVB-S2 will do, you also need to live in Ireland as the RTE signal at 9E has a narrow beam, coverage is meant for Ireland only.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    JustinCosmos likes this.
  6. tkeogh

tkeogh Member

will a dish do for this or will i need a dish and ariel?

7. mike142

mike142 Member

No you don't need an aerial, just an 80cm solid dish, a KA-Band LNB & a HD DVB-S2 Satellite receiver.
    These are the channels currently available, - https://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-Ka-Sat-9A.html
    Frequency would be - 10765 v 25000

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    JustinCosmos and gazza147 like this.
  8. smalltom123

smalltom123 Member

Would it not be possible to get a usb terrestrial tuner and plug it in no? I read somewhere a while back a guy was going doing it.

9. tkeogh

tkeogh Member

thats what i was hoping i could do but no one seems to know!!

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Member

JustinCosmos likes this.
  11. tkeogh

tkeogh Member

i know but thing is i only have a sky dish up and dont have an ariel on the house at all..

12. daveyboy

daveyboy Member

You DO NOT need an expensive aerial, depending on where you live a hangar will do, a set of rabbit ears.

13. tkeogh

tkeogh Member

ya i know but dont want to be putting ariel up on roof and drilling holes in walls etc!! what i want to know is it possible to get the irish channels on the zgemma star 2s box?

14. daveyboy

daveyboy Member

Yes it is with a motor or multi lnb, or what was suggested above, I am in Crumlin in Dublin with a clear view to three rock and I made my own little aerial and it sits behind my tv out of sight and works perfectly.

JustinCosmos likes this.
  15. tkeogh

tkeogh Member

have u got star 2 s also? the usb tuner might be good idea?

16. daveyboy

daveyboy Member

No I don't have an S2 anymore, I have only ever used a usb tuner years ago on a vu duo and TBH never was able to get it 100% but I know others who were able to get it perfect, BTW if you did get a H2 box you can also set that up for cable sharing and get all the channels back in HD.

JustinCosmos likes this.
  17. tkeogh

tkeogh Member

need to look at my option so and decide!! end is probably near for cs so need to have plans in place!

18. daveyboy

daveyboy Member

Exactly, if it was me I'd sell the S2 and invest in the H2....but that's just me, if I can help you out at all just ask.

JustinCosmos likes this.
  19. Tipptech

Tipptech Member

Put an aerial in the attic

JustinCosmos likes this.
  20. smalltom123

smalltom123 Member

My local shop is selling the USB tuners. I will get one over the weekend. And let you all know. Just make sure if you are going down the cable route that it is available in your area