is Kryptview a780 effected by the nag3

alamjee

Hi all,

I am a newbie here. I want to buy the Kryptview a780 and want to know if its too late to buy one as i am in birmingham and not sure if its effected by nag3. Any info would b a gr8 help.

Hi all,

I am a newbie here. I want to buy the Kryptview a780 and want to know if its too late to buy one as i am in birmingham and not sure if its effected by nag3. Any info would b a gr8 help.

Your area was indeed affeced, asian and movie channels no longer work in your area, as of yesterday. 15/09/2010.

Ah my bad, i'm half asleep. :( Yes the Kryptview a780 with LAN will work fine, i was referring to the other DVB boxes.

Thanks guys. I have pre ordered one from lincsat, don't know how long will be the waiting time though. One more question, would it be safe to connect that to the virmin fibre optic broadband or is it asking for trouble. Thanks in advance

Watching premium channels through the Kryptview can be risky since you have to connect through your own broadband connection. Every packet sent and recieved can be seen by your ISP. There have been no cases that i know of where an individual has been caught. Mostly its the people who host the servers. Who knows what the future holds...

My thoughts on this is, the worst they can do is blacklist you from using VM BB, I dont think they will go to the bother of taking a small fry to court. They are after the dealers, they may take a few users to show an example of them so the word spreads but I would compare that to being hit by lightening imo.

Up to you, take a chance or not, that's what this game has been about right from the start hasn't it?/

Thanks guys. I have pre ordered one from lincsat, don't know how long will be the waiting time though. One more question, would it be safe to connect that to the virmin fibre optic broadband or is it asking for trouble. Thanks in advance

I've just ordered one from Lincsat too. I've been told he's collecting them from the wholesaler this weekend so should be despatched early next week. I'm sticking with VM, if anyone does get prosecuted I'm sure it'll be all over the forums and then we can rethink our strategies.

Yes but cant you get something that will not allow VM to see your getting the free channels , is it called a VPN or something

VPN = Virtual Private Network, you can use that with VM and would benefit a person using VM BB with such receivers, it would also get around VM blocking the IPs of the server at their end.

Just google vpn, loads of options to look at. Personally I wouldn't care, I would just use vm bb but that's entirely up to you.

[LMGTFY="get vpn"]VPN[/LMGTFY]

Just google vpn, loads of options to look at. Personally I wouldn't care, I would just use vm bb but that's entirely up to you.

[LMGTFY="get vpn"]VPN[/LMGTFY]

Thanks Hiteck,

I was looking for some info on VPN and found something called 'Hotspot Shield'. I am not exactly sure that this is the thing u were talking about. It says its free and does the job. Could you please confirm for me that it is safe to use and should do the job. I just wanna be on the safe side if possible. Thanks is advance

Back