Is Rytec EPG down

When I started I had OpenATV 5.0, which wouldn't let me OTA - no updates found apparently and I couldn't get the .py to .pyo to work.

So I tried OpenATV 5.1, which let me OTA & had a working version of XMLTV Importer but I couldn't get my cccam to work. I did all the rescanning but couldn't get access to the Sly channels back.

I then went back to mtpockets's 4.2 which worked when I put the cccam file on it, did the OTA which also fixed the XMLTV Importer issue but once again I lost access to the Sly channels (couldn't figure out why!).

Finally I tried Sucmnsee's Vix 3.2.005 from 19.09.2015 but the XLMTV Importer is broken and as you can't do OTA, I'm back to trying the .py to .pyo frig.

Very perplexed by the whole thing.

Load openatv 5.1
if you are still getting blacked out channels on sky and your line is active, go into tuner configuration and turn on diseqc in tuner A. This should fix your blacked out channels (if your line is good)
Download xmltvimporter plugin
Download xmltvimporter rytec plugin.
Restart your box.
Go into xmltvimporter menu and press blue button for sources. If you see rytec uk under sources. select it. and the do a manual scan (yellow button)

If you have downloaded both plugins and still not getting rytec uk (the whole point of this thread), then download lincsats file and ftp XMLTVConfig.py over to usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/xmltvimport
delete the original XMLTVConfig.pyo from this folder.
Reboot your box.

Go back into xmltvimporter menu and see if rytec is now there. If so check it. Then do a manual scan.

All is good.

And if you still fail... take up knitting ;)

Can anyone tell me where to get xmltv importer at on plugins. I can't find it?? I'm running 5.2 and it's not in the extensions section

I even downloaded the link within this subject and sent it ftp to my extensions and still cant find it.... it states warning, some plugins are not available

Last edited:
plugins..download plugins...extensions...

if its not in there you probably already have it installed.

menu...setup...epg...xmltvimporter

Ur correct kiddac, it was downloaded (even tho I can't ever mind downloading it!).

Ran manual search and perfect! Have owned my zgemma's for a couple of weeks and this is the first time the epg has worked perfectly. Thanks for all your help mate

Last edited:
Load openatv 5.1
if you are still getting blacked out channels on sky and your line is active, go into tuner configuration and turn on diseqc in tuner A. This should fix your blacked out channels (if your line is good)
Download xmltvimporter plugin
Download xmltvimporter rytec plugin.
Restart your box.
Go into xmltvimporter menu and press blue button for sources. If you see rytec uk under sources. select it. and the do a manual scan (yellow button)
And if you still fail... take up knitting ;)
Production of winter scarf on hold for the time being (y)

I went to mt.pockets 4.2 instead of 5.1, removed & reinstalled both xmltvimporter plugins and it is back to reporting more than just the 2 satuk sources. Need to learn to stop rebooting the box with the image USB key still plugged in and the process will be a hell of a lot quicker.

I will give 5.1 a go on Thursday when there is no footy to watch as it is a complete rebuild from a scratch image.

Thanks for all the advice, very much appreciated.

Last edited:
Is Rytec down on vix too using crossepg? Mines erroring trying to update.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

And CrossEPG will work again and not just xmltv as I don't use that???

Last edited:
on my build I did a file update. 41 files got updated and then rytec epg was working and did update. but then I had all sly channels blank so had to turn off tuner a. all channels back and working....

I've done the hack and the xmltv importer working showing rytec but CrossEPG not still. Gave up and just deleted it till sorted in my next backup flash hopefully ;)

Hi all I'm using mt pockets 4.2 do I have to upgrade the software to get the epg working again fully or is their a fix for 4.2 ? Thanks in advance

Hi all I'm using mt pockets 4.2 do I have to upgrade the software to get the epg working again fully or is their a fix for 4.2 ? Thanks in advance

I am using mt pockets 4.2 image and I updated the software then (menu / setup / EPG / xmltv-importer / sources) then tick the rytec box and do a manual scan.

I am using mt pockets 4.2 image and I updated the software then (menu / setup / EPG / xmltv-importer / sources) then tick the rytec box and do a manual scan.

yes but when you say update software do you mean to 5.2?

No, press BLUE button on remote (software manager / software update) will update the software on your box, not the image, then do the above.

Back