Is Rytec EPG down

kiddac

Reading on here this week that feeds are down on Vix, something to do with Oscam feeds. Is this also effecting rytec EPG source. Xmltvimporter rytec source has dissappeared off my box. I need that plugin. uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't work either.

Anyone else using xmltvimporter still have rytec UK as a source.

Nope all sources have gone for me except satmate Sky uk and one for Italy I think. Haven't tried them yet as your post was the first of heard of it.

Reading on here this week that feeds are down on Vix, something to do with Oscam feeds. Is this also effecting rytec EPG source. Xmltvimporter rytec source has dissappeared off my box. I need that plugin. uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't work either.

Anyone else using xmltvimporter still have rytec UK as a source.

not sure if the answer is here
Rytec.be - Xmltv import plugin - dreambox enigma1 & enigma2 epg settings
trying to get my head around the "How to install xmltv-import on Enigma2 NON-Pli-images (OE1.5 VERSION)" section

Use filezilla or the like to delete the ocram-feed.conf file in ETC folder and reboot your box...
See this
http://www.techkings.org/vu-solo2-support/60348-e2-boxes-vix-saying-feeds-offline-fix.html

if anyones still struggling with this, just do a software update. the dev has updated github. just done it on both mine. :yes!:

if anyones still struggling with this, just do a software update. the dev has updated github. just done it on both mine. :yes!:

...As outlined on a few posts in the last couple of days, there seems to be a big bug in the latest over the air software updates this week on OpenATV 5.1

After software update you will lose all your sky channels on Tuner A, Tuner B seems unaffected.

On doing a manual search it will ignore these and give you about 500 channels instead of around the 900 mark.

If your scan is struggling, your autoboquets has lots of greyed out channels, or all your sky channels are just a black screen, you can easily fix this by turning on DISCEqC. This brings Tuner A back to life.

Menu...Setup... Service Searching... tuner Configuration... Tuner A... Send DISCqC... Yes

Thanks to the other people on my other thread "lost 400 channels" for finding the solution...

Do both of the above and "everything is awesome!"

Last edited:
Mine went yesterday too, and I found a thread on a PLi board about this, saying PLi had been updated and others would be following too. I'm out at the moment so will update later and try.

I daren't do a software update yet... I'm scared...after all the problems last week with the software updates.... :doh:

chris thats the point. On the old update, rytec has disappeared as a source. Even with the plugin installed there is no source for rytec, just crappy satmate uk. As quoted above this seems to have be fixed in the latest sotwware update, but last weeks software updates broke everyones boxes. Tuners messing up, usbs messing up, constant crashing, ftps failing. Therefore I am going to wait a few days until I update my box.

I know
But even after software update it was still empty.
Just checked and its back not sure if it's todo with update i did or not

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

Unless you change the settings to populate on reboot its always going to be empty on first load as it updates overnight. So unless you do an initial manual download it is always going to be blank first day or after a reboot if you havent changed the setting to autosave to hdd

just running the update now, first time i've done this within openatv.
What's the next steps with the EPG?

Just go to crossepg and manual download or do settings need to be changed?

To fix Rytec, you just need to update a file. I have attached the updated file from the GiT. Extract the .py and put in the XMLTV folder in extensions, then restart the GUI. It's also recommended to remove the .py file after restarting.

View attachment XMLTVConfig.rar

Back