nagra 3 is here

makes intersting reading this
All - I copied this info from another thread in another site so not my own info. Apologies if this is repeated anywhere on this site but I just wanted to share the news so to speak. As always there's no way to confirm everything described but it's certainly some interesting reading & what can be expected with N3:

Question; so how long will it take?
Well the question really is: will the information be leaked as it was for n1 and n2. I guess that might depend on how much money one or more companies are willing to pay for it. It is very unlikely this information will be leaked again. This is unlikely as value and sensitivity of the information is well known now, and the appropriate security departments will work to prevent this information from being leaked. It is possible that the information will never be leaked, preventing a n3 crack for several years.

Why so hard? n1 and n2 were hacked? Why not n3?
The best answer to that, is because of a loss of talented hackers. The number #1 hacker in Europe has been hired by the company that owns the makers of nagra3 encryption system.

Who is that you ask?
Well let’s review a little history for the answers. One of the best n2 hackers was Chris Tarnovsky, the founding member of the Black Hats. The Black Hats are a German hacker group that showed many of the world’s hackers just how to break into the card’s security systems. But now he has been hired by NDS, the company that hacked Nagra 2. This is a good reason hackers in Spain/England and the Eastern Block's have not been able to break into the new Video Guard/Europe encryption system for the last two years.
The video guard encryption system used in Europe is different than the encryption system used here in the states with ***/dn, but the info needed still remains the same. NDS took 6 months trying to break into the n2 cards, but it wasn't until Tarnovsky was paid 6 figures that he broke the cards down in less than a week. This blew away NDS big-time. The information Tarnovsky retrieved from the cards was used by the coders to write MAPCALL codes for new BIN files. This took about 5 to 6 months to complete. Now coders have several more tools to use in writing bins, this makes it a lot faster and easier to write bins now. This is why we have new BIN files released in matter of hours not month's or week's nor even days. Most files today are written on a complier within minutes and released to the general internet within 2 to 4 hours.

Now let me give you a little history lesson "Rupert Murdoch" owns dtv and NDS, a subsidiary of the media group news corp. This company is setup for the purpose of hacking dn n2 cards, and was setup in 1999 in Israeli for the purpose of hacking and releasing the codes over the internet.

Why?
Well, because he and "Charlie Ergen" the owner of DN tried to merge both their companies twice once in 1997, and again in 2000 and the FCC forced them to stay apart. Why? Because of what many call "Capitalism” or we might call "free market". The government refused to allow the merger saying it would create a monopoly. Dtv and dn have been in a lawsuit since 2002, which is just now in a federal court in California. Dtv and dn have been fighting between themselves. This is the reason Dtv hacked and released the n2 codes to hurt dn. Why? Well because Rupert Murdoch does not want DN to have a greater market share of satellite tv industry in the US and that pretty much says it all.

Now back to who writes Nagra Encryption System? A Swiss corporation called Kudelski Group and Echostar(USA) equally own NagraStar who are the producers of the dn Nagra Encryption System, and have invented all 3 (n1,n2, and n3) Nagra encryption systems variants used in the North American market.

I'm absolutely positive that until the private CW codes are known, the coders are not going to be able to break the n3 security encryption. To progress further the hackers must be successful in peeling away the 3 extra layers of silicone in the G3 security chips. This can be accomplished using a powerful electron microscope and several different acids and lasers, to get to the final precious bottom 3 layers of the Kudelski chip where all the precious codes are hidden. Only the best hackers (engineers) have the ability to do this type of work. So please do not think for one minute that any “back yard” computer “guru” hacker can break this type of security system, I’m sorry it just isn’t going to happen. “EVER” So what some of us do know is that without Chris Tarnovsky techniques that allowed him to break open chip cards that block access to pay TV the whole world would still be without a crack for satellite tv. Is there hope for us yes! Of course, it is always possible. Hackers are working on this problem now out in the hundreds of labs setup in different countries .
But remember they have to have do several things, first access to G3 cards, unissued cards open and clean meaning; cards that have not been imbedded with maintenance access codes, and user access codes used to track the customer uses of this system, PPV Events, PPV Movies, p0rn and so on. This is very important and requires someone from the inside of the manufacturing department, of the (SI) department itself. But this is not likely to happen with that amount of screening done by the company’s for their personal. And that each person has to allow the company into their lives, banking records, and life styles.

So how long will it take before any group of coders have a fix for n3, well depending on the amount of info on the new G3 cards they might have to run on a complier for several days, or using (banks of compliers) for several weeks. It’s still unknown the amount of new process in the map codes used on these new chips. Estimate run all over the place so nobody actually knows for sure, best guess is 6 months to a year before the info needed becomes a new file for release.

So what are the FTA manufactures doing about this?
This is where we are now, it is possible some manufactures have already hired hackers or paid hackers to break into the G3 encryption systems. Some are still under lawsuits now brought by echo star and dn and may not be doing anything at all. I would bet you a hundred to a dime that’s a 1000+1 odds that “if and when these codes” are broken and released on the internet we all will know it the same day. And on that day I bet the coders will start working on the solutions to n3 problem A.S.A.P

So until the whole internet is busting out with this info "HACK" we will be in the dark. That’s just a fact of life.
Whether this is good news or bad doesn’t matter to me, it’s just the truth about where we stand right now.

I hope this has at least helped explain things a little more "this is not a rumor" nor perdition.

with all the reports of boxes not working here and working there,just to clarify position pleas say location,n*l .c****s cable or mmds.and maybe state what box also

with all the reports of boxes not working here and working there,just to clarify position pleas say location,n*l .c****s cable or mmds.and maybe state what box also

What cacti means is that not the whole of Ireland is gone yet, ntl true cable is but chorus north county dublin isn't. So instead of people posting just saying 'i'm in ireland and my box is working fine' if they could post their location, their service provider and the type of box they have, that would be much more informative. And if they can, post what streams are running in their area e.g. 1800, 1801, 1802 :)

makes intersting reading this
All - I copied this info from another thread in another site so not my own info. Apologies if this is repeated anywhere on this site but I just wanted to share the news so to speak. As always there's no way to confirm everything described but it's certainly some interesting reading & what can be expected with N3:

Question; so how long will it take?
Well the question really is: will the information be leaked as it was for n1 and n2. I guess that might depend on how much money one or more companies are willing to pay for it. It is very unlikely this information will be leaked again. This is unlikely as value and sensitivity of the information is well known now, and the appropriate security departments will work to prevent this information from being leaked. It is possible that the information will never be leaked, preventing a n3 crack for several years.

Why so hard? n1 and n2 were hacked? Why not n3?
The best answer to that, is because of a loss of talented hackers. The number #1 hacker in Europe has been hired by the company that owns the makers of nagra3 encryption system.

Who is that you ask?
Well let’s review a little history for the answers. One of the best n2 hackers was Chris Tarnovsky, the founding member of the Black Hats. The Black Hats are a German hacker group that showed many of the world’s hackers just how to break into the card’s security systems. But now he has been hired by NDS, the company that hacked Nagra 2. This is a good reason hackers in Spain/England and the Eastern Block's have not been able to break into the new Video Guard/Europe encryption system for the last two years.
The video guard encryption system used in Europe is different than the encryption system used here in the states with ***/dn, but the info needed still remains the same. NDS took 6 months trying to break into the n2 cards, but it wasn't until Tarnovsky was paid 6 figures that he broke the cards down in less than a week. This blew away NDS big-time. The information Tarnovsky retrieved from the cards was used by the coders to write MAPCALL codes for new BIN files. This took about 5 to 6 months to complete. Now coders have several more tools to use in writing bins, this makes it a lot faster and easier to write bins now. This is why we have new BIN files released in matter of hours not month's or week's nor even days. Most files today are written on a complier within minutes and released to the general internet within 2 to 4 hours.

Now let me give you a little history lesson "Rupert Murdoch" owns dtv and NDS, a subsidiary of the media group news corp. This company is setup for the purpose of hacking dn n2 cards, and was setup in 1999 in Israeli for the purpose of hacking and releasing the codes over the internet.

Why?
Well, because he and "Charlie Ergen" the owner of DN tried to merge both their companies twice once in 1997, and again in 2000 and the FCC forced them to stay apart. Why? Because of what many call "Capitalism” or we might call "free market". The government refused to allow the merger saying it would create a monopoly. Dtv and dn have been in a lawsuit since 2002, which is just now in a federal court in California. Dtv and dn have been fighting between themselves. This is the reason Dtv hacked and released the n2 codes to hurt dn. Why? Well because Rupert Murdoch does not want DN to have a greater market share of satellite tv industry in the US and that pretty much says it all.

Now back to who writes Nagra Encryption System? A Swiss corporation called Kudelski Group and Echostar(USA) equally own NagraStar who are the producers of the dn Nagra Encryption System, and have invented all 3 (n1,n2, and n3) Nagra encryption systems variants used in the North American market.

I'm absolutely positive that until the private CW codes are known, the coders are not going to be able to break the n3 security encryption. To progress further the hackers must be successful in peeling away the 3 extra layers of silicone in the G3 security chips. This can be accomplished using a powerful electron microscope and several different acids and lasers, to get to the final precious bottom 3 layers of the Kudelski chip where all the precious codes are hidden. Only the best hackers (engineers) have the ability to do this type of work. So please do not think for one minute that any “back yard” computer “guru” hacker can break this type of security system, I’m sorry it just isn’t going to happen. “EVER” So what some of us do know is that without Chris Tarnovsky techniques that allowed him to break open chip cards that block access to pay TV the whole world would still be without a crack for satellite tv. Is there hope for us yes! Of course, it is always possible. Hackers are working on this problem now out in the hundreds of labs setup in different countries .
But remember they have to have do several things, first access to G3 cards, unissued cards open and clean meaning; cards that have not been imbedded with maintenance access codes, and user access codes used to track the customer uses of this system, PPV Events, PPV Movies, p0rn and so on. This is very important and requires someone from the inside of the manufacturing department, of the (SI) department itself. But this is not likely to happen with that amount of screening done by the company’s for their personal. And that each person has to allow the company into their lives, banking records, and life styles.

So how long will it take before any group of coders have a fix for n3, well depending on the amount of info on the new G3 cards they might have to run on a complier for several days, or using (banks of compliers) for several weeks. It’s still unknown the amount of new process in the map codes used on these new chips. Estimate run all over the place so nobody actually knows for sure, best guess is 6 months to a year before the info needed becomes a new file for release.

So what are the FTA manufactures doing about this?
This is where we are now, it is possible some manufactures have already hired hackers or paid hackers to break into the G3 encryption systems. Some are still under lawsuits now brought by echo star and dn and may not be doing anything at all. I would bet you a hundred to a dime that’s a 1000+1 odds that “if and when these codes” are broken and released on the internet we all will know it the same day. And on that day I bet the coders will start working on the solutions to n3 problem A.S.A.P

So until the whole internet is busting out with this info "HACK" we will be in the dark. That’s just a fact of life.
Whether this is good news or bad doesn’t matter to me, it’s just the truth about where we stand right now.

I hope this has at least helped explain things a little more "this is not a rumor" nor perdition.

Ha ha - this was actually posted on an earlier page of this thread & then I posted it on another site yesterday for info for other to read!!! It's strange to see it come back around here again... oh the benefits of copy & paste :loco: It's a small cyberworld!
Either way Tom I suppose it's spreading the news!!!

Would it be fair to say that if providers were confident about N3 then all boxes in all areas would go at the same time.
If it is or isnt N3 the cat is amongst the pigeons again and causing a lack of condifence in the boxes. (most likely there objective )
Hopefully some smart guru out there can fix this bad boy and restore the faith again .The cost of a box is very reasonable but if you dont know if will work when you turn it on what is the point,

Just a thought

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

good spotting janeymack the freeveiwer is everywhere looking ,searching and hoping(y)

It is definitely n3 tom, there's no doubt about that.

The reason they haven't all changed yet is that chorus and ntl used to be two different companies, so the exchorus areas are on a different system. I'm sure they'll get brought in line soon enough.

Would it be fair to say that if providers were confident about N3 then all boxes in all areas would go at the same time.
If it is or isnt N3 the cat is amongst the pigeons again and causing a lack of condifence in the boxes. (most likely there objective )
Hopefully some smart guru out there can fix this bad boy and restore the faith again .The cost of a box is very reasonable but if you dont know if will work when you turn it on what is the point,

Just a thought

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

good spotting janeymack the freeveiwer is everywhere looking ,searching and hoping(y)

Yes indeed - the all seeing eye!!! It was just strange to actually see my own post pasted from another site. That's never happened me before :cheesy grin:
As for your point. UPC have merged C*orus and NT* together. I believe both companies were running on different levels of hardware. NT* were running on newer kit so I suppose UPC will now be looking to bring the c*orus hardware all up to the same specification so they can transmit over 1803 (Nagra3). That's why some old chor*s customers can still use their boxes as they aren't switched over to N3 yet (not sure when they plan to bring all their kit up to standard but you'd have to expect that it is in their development plans.

Sk* are different I believe also as they transmit & recieve over their lines whereas UP* only transmit the signal (I'm open to correction here).

So for the moment unless you're on ch*rus or MMDS then people will have to sit back, monitor the threads & wait on an N3 fix.:sorry:

.....or cough up the reddies or get satellite.

Chorus cable customers have received their cards in the post over the last few weeks, so i assume they will be changing shortly.

De de de deeeeeeeee________(scary movie music). :grin:
That's it then.
Everything's Kaiboshed!

Relax, you get people hacking into the US army and navies computers, and then another person stealing debit card details, and then some crazy lunatic will go ahead and do something even more barberic, so needless to say, we can all be open for a big suprise or downfall? Cant be to sure yet folks.

Ode To Nagra3

Twas the night after N3

Twas the night after N3, when all through the house
Not a stb was working, anywhere in the house.
The dish's were still hung on the deck by the stairs,
In hopes that a file soon would be there.

The kid's were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of Noggin danced in their heads.
And mamma in her nighty, and I in my cap,
We threw in a DvD because the channels were all black.

When out on the forum there arose such a clatter,
I sprang to the computer to see what was the matter.
I watched in amazement as the rumors begin to fly,
I read, then I screamed, and then I started to cry.

I fell asleep the next night still holding my remote,
My thumb was still throbbing, but in my heart there was hope.
Then I looked with wonder as something should appear,
But it was only NASA, and nothing else was here.

Then the wife awoke, so lively and quick,
I knew in a moment she would call me a P*ick.
More rapid than eagles the kids all came,
Looking for Nickelodeon, they shouted, and called me that very same name!

"You Dumb A##! You Jerk, You stupid A## P*ick!
If You don't get it fixed Your a## I will Kick!
I will Rip all the cables from the ceilings and the walls!
If you don't get me Oprah, Tonight You'll sleep in the Hall!"

So I searched and I looked in every site that I knew,
But all I found out was that I was just screwed!
So I ran from the house as fast as I could go,
I had to get to Blockbuster before my wife could know.

So I rented 10 movies and hope they would last for a week,
All my time would be spent on the computer, a fix I would seek.
But then I threw out my my back when I was turning around,
But no one would help me as I lay on the Ground.

They were all mad, maybe even a little ******,
All because of black channels and the TV they missed.
They missed all there series, movies and events,
I heard about each one, when they came and they went.

That next day I seen an ad for my Great ## Fix,
For only €19.95 all my channels would be fixed!
So I ran to her purse and got out my credit card,
I keyed in the numbers and said, "now that wasn't hard".

I ran to the other room to get my memory stick,
but then what I read almost made me sick.
Instead of a fix, it was just another scam,
They had stole my 20 bucks and off they had ran!

So I stayed in the forums, and read all of the rumor mills,
I told my wife one more week so many times that she is now on pills!
She would cry and complain and then flip me the bird,
All because I would read her everything that someone heard.

She then told me to shut up and to never speak another word,
Until there was TV again, I would never be heard.
Then she spoke the words that I had always feared,
Between 12 and 6 tomorrow, the cable man will be here!

But now my house is quiet and I have nothing to do,
So I still come here everyday and read all these rumors, just like you.
But I Still hope and pray that one of these rumors is right,
"Then I will show them all, and that will truly be a good-night!"

new news nagr3

well dreambox and vs has hacked the purple card known as n3 241 g3, it wont be long at this is facts not rumours. WILDCHILD

well wildchild thats a cracking job by all concerned, H your sites about to blow up big time when this is posted.

Back