New Sky Skin coming soon...(BLUE HD 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight I have finished the large EPG - no picture in graphic (in epg settings menu).
I have also styled the numberzap as requested by boobishabang (I asked my bro for a picture of the proper one). As it seems the original one is tiny, I have included a larger box that also displays the channel name if the relevant number is typed in. (thats what I prefer). It has to be quite wide as the largest channel name is "sky sports interactive 1479". I might half the size of it yet and put a wrap on it. ( **edit** just tested this it only seems to let you go up to 999 so I don't need it this wide. 999? how am I going to quick zap to all the new bt channels. :(
) The box works well though.

EPG (No PIG)
BBC One HD-1792015-232.jpg

NumberZap
DSC_0307.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 11:54 PM ----------

lol.
Seems to be so much wasted "surround" in original whereas fraggle121 uses the whole screen.
Let me know if u need a tester ;)
Doing a vix 3.2.005 build tonight

There is going to be a surround around mine too. I have some high def scans of sky epg so I am using the exact spacing and layout they do. Where possible its pixel perfect ;)

As for testing... believe me you will certainly be given it early with the number of people on here with your image. I have no idea if it will work on a vix image yet. This is my first skin so no idea about compatibility problems. Looking on github the vix and openatv images seem to pretty much use the same code. The only problem will probably be plugins you have installed like crossepg.

Last edited:
Dude all i do is a couple of settings and im a tinkerer.
What you're doing is way above my head and it'll be a pleasure giving it a go ;)

Question for current users of BLUE HD skin. Do you prefer his left full height menus (which are pretty good) or would you prefer the menus back in the middle and centered.

Number zap looking good Kiddac! nice work, for me the name of the channel isn't an issue but if you prefer it there then im good with that! I've noticed you can type in 4 digits to zap to the interactive channels, but it just doesn't show on screen for some reason

Hi there,

great work so far. Im new to this game and really like the Blue HD skin but as covered there are a few glitches. Your new skin looks really slick.

One problem i have found on the original Blue HD skin is the page up/down buttons whilst in the epg are mapped to the 2 & 8 buttons on the remote. Is there any way you can change this so its mapped to the channel up/down buttons on the remote?

Keep up the good work :)

dom

I have a fresh openatv image installed. Maybe that is setup in one of the backup images. I presume you can change it yourself somewhere. Prob in settings or button settings

EPG (No PIG) I bet that looks really good with picons and reminds me of a more modern old original Sly digital box.

Have you tried it with picons I know this can have an effect on speeds and how it looks?

I have never installed picons due to the speed issue but it will be tested later on with picons. Probably with my own brand new custom set :)

Expertise???? I only got into sat boxes 6 weeks ago. :) graphics is my game though and i am a bit of a computer geek

Finally an update for you...

Will you be doing one for Cable and how comes you chose to work of BlueHD and not Fraggle one?

I doubt very much I will be doing one for cable, Personally I think VM epg is bloody awful. But once I finally get this one out of the way, creating a new second skin should be a breeze. I chose to use bluehd over fraggle as personally I think it is a lot more complete. A lot more effort has gone into all the code and trying to keep as much as the original sly layout as possible.

I am basically rewriting mine from scratch, just using bluehds code as reference.

Right back to the skin. I have spend a good full day on the infobar. And it looks mint :)
I have added a progress bar and also minutes remaining.
SNR gauge has been included in the third box as there is no code to add the third program.
I have also added some pretty groovy service icons that switch depending on the service.

Question to everyone. Do you prefer the icons where I have put them above the infobar, or would people prefer them at the very top right of the screen as a completely seperate panel.
I haven't included icons for 'has teletext' ', hbbtv, 'Is Stream', Software Update available icon. Does anyone ever use these services, if so do you want me to include them in the service icons.
On some other skins people tend to but the tuner information aswell. i.e Tuner A, Tuner B, etc is this useful to people or not.

The original blue hd infobar for reference
infobar.jpg

HD / Free To Air / Dolby

hd.jpg

SD / Sky Channel
sd.jpg

4:3 channel
4-3.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back