New Sky Skin coming soon...(BLUE HD 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question to everyone. Do you prefer them where I have put them above the infobar, or would people prefer them at the very top right of the screen as a completely seperate panel.

i would prefer them in the info bar allso Tuner A, Tuner B is a good idea for them with twin stats

its looking good

oops, just realised I have but the up/down left/right icons in the wrong places. Need switching :(
I can put the tuner info where the fav button is on the original sky epg.

Attachments

• tuner.jpg
    tuner.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
am looking forward to this aswell but i am new to all this will there be a guide on how to remove the old skin and install the new one.

i have a sky skin on mine now but the box is really slow

To add the skin i assume will be an ipk you add to tmp folder and install local extension in menus.

To remove any skin is just like removing any other plugin.

Have patience! Theres a lot of hours staring at lots of different pages to do a skin! ;)

Patience people :) ... (It's my own fault for teasing you all with screen shots.)

Anyway as said in early posts, this is my first skin so its a big learning curve. It is a slow tedious process as I have to keep cross referencing other skins like Metrix, blueHD, Glass HD etc etc to see how to do things.
I am also having to research various different enigma2 components that are all python based, which is not a programming language I am familar with.

The process isn't fast as I am designing every icon, graphic and layout from scratch rather than recycling old stuff or nicking graphics off google. Then there is the testing of each screen. I like to design something then use it for a few hours to see what is working for me and what isn't. This usually means I might go through 3 to 4 different testing ideas for each element.

Whats done so far.

Channel List
EPG With PIG (picture in graphics)
EPG no PIG
InfoBar (with new service icons)
SecondInfoBar
NumberZap Box

Main Elements that I can think of that still need to be done. (Each element is probably an evening or 2s work)

InfoBarlight - This will basically be as InfoBar but just have the now/next info, picon and nothing else.
Event View screen.
Quick EPG
General Menu Design
Volume (quick job)
Mute (quick job)
Tidy up the loading icon to remove the black pixilation that occurs some time. (quick easy job)
General icons.

I will probably then release this to the public for beta testing.

After that there is then the tedious process of going through all the individual menus and tweaking where necessary.
Creating all new icons for everything :)
Then to finish the process I would then also have to override the skin/layouts on all the popular plugins that are used as standard with these box. (this isn't 100% necessary for release though)

I don't do things half heartedly.. It will be the best sly skin ever ;) Just calm your knickers ..... :)

more discreet service icons, now with Tuner info included too.

Capture.jpgCapture2.jpg

I need to shrink that progress bar. It's too long and cuts of long channel names if oyu include the channel number too.

Last edited:
Looking good mate .

---------- Post Merged at 08:15 PM ----------

Are you able to add the station numbers to the full EPG .

Looking good mate .

Are you able to add the station numbers to the full EPG .

I don't think so. In the code you just bring in a list item that populates it. In the infobar above, there is an option in the settings. On openatv its menu...setup...usage & gui...osd settings...show channel number in infobar

---------- Post Merged at 11:14 PM ----------

While I am on here, here is a quick screen shot of the Second Infobar. (pressing ok twice)

2ndinfobar.jpg

Got my Zgemma 2s last week and can't wait to try your new skin. It is a massive improvement. Well done on all the hard work put in.

Still plodding along... Event View (info button) done tonight.

eventview.jpg

I also made the numberzap smaller

numberzap.jpg

Next up will be the mini epg / graphical infobar / quickepg what ever it is called :)

doing a great job, poss far off but any possible eta?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Please dont quote my pictures in replying. Edit your reply and delete the quoted text. Just makes this thread very long otherwise. Ta

I am trying to do all the main common pages first in order to release a beta test. Anything I haven't then skinned will default back to the default box skin (not blue hd) so will still be usable. This is exactly how I got my box at the moment :)

Even though this is taking longer than I thought I am still spending a good 3 to 4 hours on it a night. Once I do the quickepg the skin is pretty much usable although very unfinished.

Maybe next weekend (end of sept) I will put up an unfinished version for people to try.

????

Oh you are on about quickepg. Thats my confusion. This is being designed on openatv. I think vix is slightly different. I am going to have to install a vix image at somepoint and see what breaks. But then again I might just let the Vix users try the beta and report back to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back